LW Artemi Panarin (2010 undrafted; 2015 signed, CHI)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
0_78ad3_c035dadf_XL.jpg

Bump.

Who does he sign with in the NHL? St. Louis?

It's obvious: he is big as a Bruin. :sarcasm:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Would be a solid second-line winger in the NHL. I'm sure people remember him from that gold medal-winning WJC team. He doesn't get rattled.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Hope that Panarin's example will show young Russian players that while draft stock is, of course, not the last thing in the world, it's the development itself that is important after all. Keep working hard and everything else will come.

touchnotthecat

Dec 29, 2014
When is his KHL contract up? This year? Probably unlikely but I'd love to see a dynamic russian on the Canucks. Give Tryamkin a buddy.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Contract ends this year apparently. Additionally, it appears that 10 NHL clubs have reached out to him about coming over..

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
come to NJ!!! You could be a new face of the franchise. Kinda sad to think about as well...

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Scored the OT goal in SKA's game against Dynamo last night. Bumping this thread up because I'm really hoping he does come to the NHL.

I bumped this last month because I heard that he was one of the guys coming over. I still think he signs with St. Louis.

Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Oshie
Berglund - Backes - Panarin
Ott - Jokinen - Jaskin
Reaves - Goc

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Lindbohm - Jackman
Butler

Elliot
Allen

That would improve one of the best teams in the league. 10 players who are Top 6 talent, all players play with considerable grit. Even the defence is stellar. 3 Top-2 defencemen, a bonafide Top-4 in Gunnar and then the promising young defenceman Lindbohm with the wily vet in Jackman. And then you have two #1's in Elliot and Allen, if Elliot even wants to return.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Scored the OT goal in SKA's game against Dynamo last night. Bumping this thread up because I'm really hoping he does come to the NHL.

Saw the highlight of the goal , great goal, but can't find the individual play itself though to post.

Last edited:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Russian Johnny Hockey. Could very well have the same impact Johnny's having whenever he crosses the pond. Special talent.

Alas, undrafted. Those scouts know so much don't they. What's this talk of...cough cough ''size'' matters?

Right?

Russians have been showing since the 60's it's if you have a brain for the game and that's all that matters not whether your 5'7 or 6'3. Laughable, people draft because a player is big instead of a small player with brains.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Any idea when to expect a decision on Panarin?

The Maple Leafs signed Soshnikov yesterday, which is uncharacteristic of the organization. It appears Brendan Shanahan will have no issues going after Russian talent. Panarin could likely play in the NHL after the Maple Leafs strip the roster of the core. Toronto also has the benefit of having the AHL in the same city, as opposed to having their prospects travel hours from the AHL club to the NHL city.

Panarin would be a fantastic addition, it appears.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Any idea when to expect a decision on Panarin?

The Maple Leafs signed Soshnikov yesterday, which is uncharacteristic of the organization. It appears Brendan Shanahan will have no issues going after Russian talent. Panarin could likely play in the NHL after the Maple Leafs strip the roster of the core. Toronto also has the benefit of having the AHL in the same city, as opposed to having their prospects travel hours from the AHL club to the NHL city.

Panarin would be a fantastic addition, it appears.

I think you won't hear about his decision before the summer.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I bumped this last month because I heard that he was one of the guys coming over. I still think he signs with St. Louis.

Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Oshie
Berglund - Backes - Panarin
Ott - Jokinen - Jaskin
Reaves - Goc

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Lindbohm - Jackman
Butler

Elliot
Allen

That would improve one of the best teams in the league. 10 players who are Top 6 talent, all players play with considerable grit. Even the defence is stellar. 3 Top-2 defencemen, a bonafide Top-4 in Gunnar and then the promising young defenceman Lindbohm with the wily vet in Jackman. And then you have two #1's in Elliot and Allen, if Elliot even wants to return.

That would be awesome, chances are that would be enough to let Berglund go though. I don't think Reaves would get pushed out as a full time guy either.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm fine giving him a shot for a few years and see what he can do at the NHL level. The KHL's Patrick Kane with Malkin could have some potential there.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
How does panarin compare to moses and which one projects to be more successful when they reach the nhl?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Eliot Freidman says up to 20 teams have showed interest in him and the current series is being heavily scouted by NHL teams. My guess is guys like Dadonov and Shipachyov are also getting looks. Thikonov will probably land in Arizona again next year. Maybe Yudin is also being watched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad