LW Artemi Panarin (2010 undrafted; 2015 signed, CHI)

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Why do you think russia beats NA teams at WJC so consistently. Because they have these hidden gems who are arguably just as good as any canadian or US boy. If that wasn't the case, Russia would get pumped.

Oh my god, there is never a point in discussing you guys, everything turns into o he's russian, o he's american. Your basis for discussing players are so hilarious. No sense whatsoever :laugh:

So playing in 5 games in a tournament is how you weigh a player? Is that the only thing that matters? We were discussing and comparing two Hockey players. I have brought up JH's skillset and brain for the game and it is heavily apparent watching him and then watching Panarin who the superior player is. What argument can you make to say he is not.

That russia won one game vs a north american team and he was apart of it. That's what your case is? You judge Hockey players on what they do playing in a 6 game tournament?

IF you want to talk about that, JH has outscored Panarin in WJC and was a top 10 scorer in the Worlds being younger then him as well. If Panarin is so talented why wasn't he at the World's last year?

Last edited:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Hahaha. This post.

Panarin doesn't have as much pages on HFboards as Johnny G, there is no way he is even close to being as good. Because anyone can produce in the KHL. NCAA is for real men.

Well if you bring it up that way, the World Championships are for ''real babies'' and he placed top 10 in scoring and probably would have been top 5 if he played one more game. But then again, that competition is for ''real babies''.

I know all you guys care about is what passport a player has, which is extremely weird from my perspective, but it just goes to show, how you analyse players and what you watch in a Hockey game. Remove your nationalistic glasses, watch the player , his strengths, his weaknesses, what's he capable off and no matter what level you can realize how much potential a player oozes. It's ridiculous one second in , OOO YOU FAVOR HIM, HE'S NORTH AMERICAN.

Last edited:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
That russia won one game vs a north american team and he was apart of it. That's what your case is? You judge Hockey players on what they do playing in a 6 game tournament?

Well, you judge players from four games, seems kind of strange that you're saying he can't judge them from a 6 game tourney don't you think?

As another poster mentioned, Panarin has more points than Tikhonov, (best player in WC and waaay better that Gaudreau) and they are on the same team. He is also two points away from Kovalchuk (you know who that is right?).

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Well, you judge players from four games, seems kind of strange that you're saying he can't judge them from a 6 game tourney don't you think?

As another poster mentioned, Panarin has more points than Tikhonov, (best player in WC and waaay better that Gaudrau) and they are on the same team. He is also two points away from Kovalchuk (you know who that is right?).

4 games this season. Not excluding past games ;P.

Can you list reasons why you think Tikonov is better then Gaudeau? I'd like to hear it. I would prefer Gaudreau over Tikonov anytime. Tikhonov has shown only a minor improvement in his overall game since 2011 when he played in the ahl and wasn't too successful. Potential for JH is way higher then that of him.

So you mean to say if he passes Kovalchuk in points, he's a superior player?

You have a love affair with stats, whereas I prefer to look at the players traits and actual game. It's hard to discuss when one side does not bring anything to discussion other then numbers.

Last edited:

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Oh my god, there is never a point in discussing you guys, everything turns into o he's russian, o he's american. Your basis for discussing players are so hilarious. No sense whatsoever :laugh:

So playing in 5 games in a tournament is how you weigh a player? Is that the only thing that matters? We were discussing and comparing two Hockey players. I have brought up JH's skillset and brain for the game and it is heavily apparent watching him and then watching Panarin who the superior player is. What argument can you make to say he is not.

IF you want to talk about that, JH has outscored Panarin in WJC and was a top 10 scorer in the Worlds being younger then him as well. If Panarin is so talented why wasn't he at the World's last year?

You missed my point completely. You completely disregard KHL production, yet these players consistenly beat NA teams at WJC. My point is that you can't disregard his play in the KHL like you have done. As of right now, Panarin had shown more, maybe Gaudreau will be better who knows.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Can you list reasons why you think Tikonov is better then Gaudeau? I'd like to hear it.
I meant in the WC.
I would prefer Gaudreau over Tikonov anytime. Tikhonov has shown only a minor improvement in his overall game since 2011 when he played in the ahl and wasn't too successful.
That's your personal opinion, I think the opposite.
So you mean to say if he passes Kovalchuk in points, he's a superior player?
No.

Panarin has shown way more than JG. Accept it. Gaudreau has played what? 9 games against grown men?

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
You missed my point completely. You completely disregard KHL production, yet these players consistenly beat NA teams at WJC. My point is that you can't disregard his play in the KHL like you have done. As of right now, Panarin had shown more, maybe Gaudreau will be better who knows.

I have not disregarded his play, I have said to not put too much into the stats he has. The way our Swedish friend above us is conversing leads one to believe just because he's two points behind #!7, he'll be a superior player then Kovalchuk if he ends up with higher points. The quality of opposition ska have played thus far and strength of the team he plays on earns him a lot of easy points in my opinion. Whereas each time you watch JH, he is the player creating everything.

I have even said, AP, is a good player, but the discussion here was Gaudreau or Panarin, who is the superior player, and in my eyes I have listed why I think Gaudreau is.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I meant in the WC.

That's your personal opinion, I think the opposite.

No.

Panarin has shown way more than JG. Accept it. Gaudreau has played what? 9 games against grown men?

Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel have played 0 games vs. ''grown men''. That's a baseless argument when you can accurately predict how their games will adapt when playing premier competition.

Evaluating players on their skillset and how it will adapt to playing against elite competition is what I'm trying to preach, and that's what I am basing this on. And in that case Panarin has not shown me more then Gaudreau, because in more cases then not Gaudreau eclipses Panarin in multiple traits, whether it be Hockey sense, stickhandling, vision, etc...and yet again ***that's not to say*** that AP isn't a good Hockey player, he is so don't report me to the St. P police or anything lol.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I have not disregarded his play, I have said to not put too much into the stats he has. The way our Swedish friend above us is conversing leads one to believe just because he's two points behind #!7, he'll be a superior player then Kovalchuk if he ends up with higher points. The quality of opposition ska have played thus far and strength of the team he plays on earns him a lot of easy points in my opinion. Whereas each time you watch JH, he is the player creating everything.

I have even said, AP, is a good player, but the discussion here was Gaudreau or Panarin, who is the superior player, and in my eyes I have listed why I think Gaudreau is.

1. I just said that wasn't what I meant. Do you have problems with reading? Stop putting words in other people's mouths. It is not a good way to argue.

2. Yes, the amount of pages on his thread on HFboards prospect board. Nice!

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
1. I just said that wasn't what I meant. Do you have problems with reading? Stop putting words in other people's mouths. It is not a good way to argue.

2. Yes, the amount of pages on his thread on HFboards prospect board. Nice!

Ooo the irony of your accusation when one keeps reiterating one sentence and can not view anything around it. :sarcasm: :laugh:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Ooo the irony of your accusation when one keeps reiterating one sentence and can not view anything around it. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Difference is you put those words in my mouth, where as I did no such thing.

I see this thread has two pages now. Meaning Panarins stock just went a little higher. Sweet!

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
0_78ad3_c035dadf_XL.jpg

mynameistickle

Sep 9, 2009
Richmond, VA
Is there anyway this guy actually signs an NHL deal? His contract with SKA St. Petersburg is up after this year if I'm reading correctly. Isn't SKA one of the big money teams? Im sure the KHL/Clubs will make every attempt to keep young Russian standouts like Panarin and Sorokin around to attract more young talent to stay.

Whats the likelihood he comes to NA? Looks a little slight at 170lbs and 5'11".

He is not playing on a line with Kovalchuk correct? I think his line is Dadanov and Thikanov, no? Pretty impressive stat line to say the least. Ive watched some video and been very impressed with some of the plays he has completed. Looks very heady.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Is there anyway this guy actually signs an NHL deal? His contract with SKA St. Petersburg is up after this year if I'm reading correctly. Isn't SKA one of the big money teams? Im sure the KHL/Clubs will make every attempt to keep young Russian standouts like Panarin and Sorokin around to attract more young talent to stay.

Whats the likelihood he comes to NA? Looks a little slight at 170lbs and 5'11".

He is not playing on a line with Kovalchuk correct? I think his line is Dadanov and Thikanov, no? Pretty impressive stat line to say the least. Ive watched some video and been very impressed with some of the plays he has completed. Looks very heady.

He can try that during the offseason. Yes, they are.

I think Tikhonov is more likely to go overseas next year. Which would also help the team to save money for Panarin's extension.

He's normally playing with Dadonov and Shipachyov, the latter is currently on the IR.

AHB*

Somewhat selfish of me, but I really hope this guy comes to the NHL, he is a treat to watch.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
23+29 and +18 after 43 games. The best SKA player this season, even better than Kovy. As to his size, well, he's almost exactly the same frame as Kucherov. Both are 5'11'', Kucherov is 171, Panarin is 170.

The main problem is SKA is still the richest KHL team, and cheap ruble hardly makes any impact on it. But I hope Artemii will try to make his way to the NHL. As far as I understand, he's a free agent as undrafted and can be signed by any team? If yes, I think the Pens should get him. He could be brilliant with Malkin. Panarin - Malkin - Benett doesn't look that bad.

Last edited:

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
As far as I understand, he's a free agent as undrafted and can be signed by any team?

Correct. As he's 23 he'd still have to sign on a 2-year ELC though, which might discourage him.

This will be a very interesting summer, the collapse of the Ruble makes the NHL a much more enticing option than it used to be for a lot of KHL players. I wonder what kind of implications that will have on the draft and the free agency market.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I don't think ruble crisis will impact him. SKA will have him if it is there will, they'll just throw more rubles at him if the ruble continues to weaken.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
He is one of the most entertaining players to watch. If he comes NHL, he would be star player. I just think SKA pay him so much that he never leaves Russia. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad