LW A.J. Greer (2015, 39th, COL)

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Greer with his first career point tonight, atta boy!

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
He creates at least 4 true scorers opportunities at the 3e period. Only 1 goal by McKinnon. This player is much superior than people think.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
People know who he is...

And "leading all rookies in scoring" is misleading because the Rampage (at the time this post was made) had played the most games in the AHL.

Exciting to see for sure, but just because his thread isn't updated every 2 seconds doesn't mean nobody knows who he is.

How is that misleading? It's a fact. If the quote was "highest ppg per rookies" it could be misleading, but saying he leads all rookies in scoring was a fact. Artemi Panarin lead all NHL rookies in scoring last year. Am I misleading you because McDavid played less games?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Edit: nvm. It's not worth it and it's too hard to understand.

I must say, watching Greer struggle a year ago in Boston makes his success certainly unprecedented. Has there ever been a weirder development path to the NHL so far?

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's a fact but it's still misleading.

Not every team in the AHL plays the same number of games (most western play 68, all eastern play 76). Pretty much everything in the AHL is based on points percentage or PPG because of this.

What is more impressive, 76 points in 76 games or 75 points in 68 games?

obviously the latter is more impressive. I never said it wasn't.

One poster said Greer is leading AHL rookies in scoring, you said saying that is misleading, so I explained that it's a fact. She didn't say he's the best rookie in the AHL. She didn't say he's scoring more points per game than other players. She said he's leading the AHL in rookie scoring which was (and still is) a fact.

I was just calling you out for your ridiculous comment. She never said a thing about games played. Like at all.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Greer has got to be one of if not my favourite prospect. This guy will work very hard to make it to the NHL someday. His game is much more suited to the pros and that has already shown this far in the AHL. He is already fitting in well with the Rampage, even though they're not a great team.

He's very likeable, he works extremely hard, and he absolutely loves helping and supporting sick children outside of his hockey life. Can't help but root for him to succeed because of how he carries himself. Guys that work as hard as him always find a way to the NHL and stay there.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I thought this thread deserved a bump. Greer's season is over, but overall it was an extremely productive as his first season as a pro.

AHL All Star representative for San Antonio and finished second in the hardest shot competition at the event.

He was also selected as the winner of the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award as the 2016-17 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year. I think it is impressive for a 20 year old.

http://theahl.com/greer-named-ahl-man-of-the-year

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Really cool to hear about such a young pro doing so much off the ice already in his life. I would blame no 19 year-old for signing a 3 year entry level deal paying high 6-figures a year for going a bit crazy and enjoying their luck in life but A.J. seems to have a really grounded sense of perspective for a first-year pro. He's going to be a successful human being no matter what he does but in the meantime, he's one heck of a prospect with a bright future at the NHL level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No ice time in a bottom 6 role.

Which lead to little confidence in the offensive skill that he had shown previously, and has shown again since. Going to the Q to join that Huskies squad got him the ice time he needed and the mojo that he had lost in Boston; which is why he was able to hit the ground running the way he did in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad