LW A.J. Greer (2015, 39th, COL)

Inno

Jan 14, 2007
Calgary
You bump the thread to show a video of him scoring, but forgot to mention he got tossed from the game for being a cry baby. :cry: :cry: :cry:

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
You bump the thread to show a video of him scoring, but forgot to mention he got tossed from the game for being a cry baby. :cry: :cry: :cry:

That was a horrible call. I understand Greer has to keep his cool but I don't blame him for being upset.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
The ref from the West Canadian did made some bad calls. But Greer did wrong to reacting like this. We never did saw the react like he did do. He must to do rest calme. Me, I do like his character, same. He is the good compétiteur.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
A goal and 2 assists in Greer's first 4 pro games in San Antonio. Which doesn't sound overwhelming but he leads the team in scoring and they've scored 5 goals total. He also scored 3 goals in preseason and had an assist in Avs preseason. Good start so far in his transition to pro hockey at still 19 years old.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He's at a point per game through 9 games in the AHL so far. Leading San Antonio in scoring.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
When does anyone start noticing this? I know he's not a big name but something notable for a 19 year old in the AHL.

I think this will get noticed a little more than other Avalanche prospects that perform well because the French media will get in on the hype but I still don't expect him to ever really get talked about much until/unless he becomes an impact NHL'er.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
He's only 19 and he took over as the rookie scoring leader in the AHL last night. He has 5 goals and 9 assists in 13 games so far. He has tremendous work ethic and he's just been a resilient and tenacious physical force down there. He still needs to round out his game, but he has the potential to become a top 6 power forward in the NHL.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
His brother?

250px-Ronald_Greer_SGU.jpg

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Looks like he's just been called up to the Avalanche. Should be a good opportunity for him while Duchene is out.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Nobody outside of Colorado knows who this kid is? He's leading all rookies and tied for 3rd overall in AHL scoring. Just been called up to the Avs to presumably make his NHL debut tomorrow. He's still just 19.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Summer of 2015 he's drafted in the second round out of Boston University.

Starts the 2015/16 season with Boston University but is unhappy with his role and half way through the year moves to Rouyn-Noranda in QMJHL. Wins the Championship there and goes to the Memorial Cup finals.

2016 he signs an ELC and is assigned to the AHL, leads the AHL in scoring for rookies and now will make his NHL debut at 19.

Crazy development for him. When he was drafted it was assumed he was going to need at three-four years at least before he was ready. I still think he's a middle six type of winger ultimately, but who knows.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think even the most optimistic Avalanche fans were hoping he would develop into something within 2-3 years of being drafted. Don't think anyone could have seen this coming. It's early yet, but his development has been nothing short of spectacular.

Even when he started with Rouyn-Noranda, he was just an okay player. Was playing well, but not excelling. By the time they got to the playoffs, he scored 22 points in 20 games. Fast forward to this year and he's leading rookies in AHL, and 3rd overall in scoring. Pretty impressive stuff. Literally one of the hardest working players I've ever watched. 100% on every single shift.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
From under a PPG in the Q, to a PPG in the AHL, to a top line role on an NHL team - all in under a year

Rooting for the guy. League needs more throwback powerforwards like him.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Nobody outside of Colorado knows who this kid is? He's leading all rookies and tied for 3rd overall in AHL scoring. Just been called up to the Avs to presumably make his NHL debut tomorrow. He's still just 19.

People know who he is...

And "leading all rookies in scoring" is misleading because the Rampage (at the time this post was made) had played the most games in the AHL.

Exciting to see for sure, but just because his thread isn't updated every 2 seconds doesn't mean nobody knows who he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad