LW A.J. Greer (2015, 39th, COL)

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
True but as we've seen with Bracco, an underclassman trying to win time in a Hockey East school has a harder job to do than a 19 year old getting a spot in the CHL. Bracco couldn't move up the depth chart at BC (which of course isn't as good as BU) but moved right into a OHL team playing .781 hockey.

I'm a BU fan. I've watched Greer for 2 years. I think he'll do fine in the Q and will put up more pts there. I just don't see a ton of long term upside in him and I don't really feel like it's much of a loss for BU. Would be nice to have him but he's been "meh" so...

Wasn't Bracco playing in the top six when he was still at BC? I honestly believe the reason Bracco left wasn't due to ice time, but other reasons that we are not privy too. You're right, at the pro level I think Greer projects as a middle six forward, more likely in the bottom half of the forward roster but he still has good tools.

I know this isn't related to Greer, but since you're a BU fan I wanted to ask you, what do you think of Cloonan? I've been really impressed with him each time I've been able to watch BU play, he doesn't look very big but he has good hands and makes a lot of creative, smart plays with the puck. I don't believe he is drafted, but looks better than 3/4 of the kids in NCAA that are drafted IMO.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Greer will have a shot at the Memorial Cup as Rouyn is one of the teams in the Q and just acquired the league's top D, Nikolas Brouillard. Adding Greer to their already solid offense will help their depth as well.

It should be quite the battle between Rouyn, Val d'Or and Shawinigan.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Greer will have a shot at the Memorial Cup as Rouyn is one of the teams in the Q and just acquired the league's top D, Nikolas Brouillard. Adding Greer to their already solid offense will help their depth as well.

It should be quite the battle between Rouyn, Val d'Or and Shawinigan.

I can't believe he's still in JR. It feels like he's been in the Q forever.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I can't believe he's still in JR. It feels like he's been in the Q forever.

5th season... maybe you're also referring to his brother Marc-Olivier who's two years older?

Nikolas had a good camp with the Leafs and had a chance at making the Marlies but he got injured and they released him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's 4 games into his Q career now, has anyone had a chance to see him play?

Not live but I watch the Huskies a ton. I think Greer has fit in better thus far than I was expecting. He's the biggest forward on the team and it shows, he's added an element that the Huskies were missing and will need to go up against Val-d'Or. I like the way he drives the net and he's been good at getting pucks in their transition game, it's only a matter of time until the points come. He's been playing 2/3 line but a good deal of minutes, PP and PK. The Huskies had a trade, 2 suspensions and 3 injuries in one game in the week that he played there so lines have been jumbled.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
What's the success rate of 19/20 year olds who drop down to play CHL from NCAA?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
charlie coyle and duncan keith have done it, but i dont either made that decision because they were struggling in the ncaa.

Thanks, I remembered about Coyle but Keith's time at Michigan State was before I was watching hockey.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
After a slow start statistically to start his QMJHL career Greer now has 21 points in 28 games including going at a ppg pace over his last 16 games. Definitely adjusting well to the league.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
And you kept saying how much you hated this pick on the Avs board for months'.

I didn't like it either but I'm certainly warming up to it. I don't watch NCAA hockey so unless I hear about him in the media or on here I generally don't know who a prospect is.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
21 goals in his last 23 games.
6 goals and 2 assists in his first four QMJHL playoff games.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Been very good for Rouyn in the Q finals. Scored again tonight. 4 goals in 3 games.

Seems to be one of those guys who will be able to score dirty goals in the NHL.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Been very good for Rouyn in the Q finals. Scored again tonight. 4 goals in 3 games.

Seems to be one of those guys who will be able to score dirty goals in the NHL.

Hopefully. I wasn't too happy with the pick at the draft or even three months ago but he's starting to grow on me.

He's a project but an interesting one.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Good that he's starting to get some recognition. It's took him about until February to get settled and has been on fire since then. I knew he'd do better in the Q but didn't know he'd have that type of goal scoring in him. He's been huge for the Huskies, the bigger the game the better he gets.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He had one hell of a playoff performance. In the finals in particular. The MEM Cup will give people an opportunity to get to see this man child play.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
I did talk about this player for a long time. The thing that does now is the player which I always know. He is a winning player. I did watch him in bantam, midget and junior. He work hard each shift. He is not having the flash but he is solid for 200'x85' . It should always be easy for some to talk negative. Me, I am a big fan. It will be my pleasure to see him to play for the Coupe. Colorado will be a happy team to have Greer.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
He had one hell of a playoff performance. In the finals in particular. The MEM Cup will give people an opportunity to get to see this man child play.

His confidence really grew at the season wore on, and I think he does a lot of things that will serve him well as a pro - he gets into those dirty areas in front of the net without fear...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
His confidence really grew at the season wore on, and I think he does a lot of things that will serve him well as a pro - he gets into those dirty areas in front of the net without fear...

I'm so excited for those kids to get to show what they can do at the MemCup. And if the Avs follow their M.O.; not signing Greer to an ELC until they have to; he should really get to dominate next year. Even with Nantel graduating to the AHL and the other departures they'll see, the Baby Avs should get some really fun hockey out of Beaudin, Greer & co. in the coming season. AJ should be able to really build on the confidence that he's rediscovered in his skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad