Injury Report: Lupul

Caveman

Jan 26, 2009
Pretty much every player then would fit that category based on your critera. Lupul has suffered 3 serious injuries, the back injury was nothing until the surgery was goofed on, the broken arm last year gurantee you it happens to a lot of guys, tonights injury was Lupul being an idiot, he knew Dion had a cannon yet chose to put his body in front of it, him being injured is on Lupul. However at the end of the day I just don't view him as this injury prone or overly prone injury player.

You for real? .. He's an idiot for going to the front of the net?

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
it doesn't really matter what the injury or how it happened he's not played 70 games since 08-09 and didn't the year before that. I like lupul and it's unfortunate for him but he's injury prone.

If games played is the only indication of how injury prone players are, I would think at least half of the power forwards across the league can be considered injury prone. It's the occupational hazard standing in front of the net, and taking most of the punishment.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
If games played is the only indication of how injury prone players are, I would think at least half of the power forwards across the league can be considered injury prone. It's the occupational hazard standing in front of the net, and taking most of the punishment.

when you get injuried you miss games no? I mean significant injury, other then Healthy scratches what else do you miss significant amount of games for? maybe contract disputes but there's been none recently other then Turris last year and a couple guys this year. so if your missing significant amount of games each year it's probably because your often getting injuried. therefore your injury prone.

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Well this blows! I posted in the thread for this on the main board asking how long he's out but looks like 3-4 weeks at best and 6-8 at worst. Worst case is if it is 6-8 then that is just about half the season gone which we can't afford. Hopefully someone like JVR, Frattin or whoever takes Lupuls spot steps up

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
when you get injuried you miss games no? I mean significant injury, other then Healthy scratches what else do you miss significant amount of games for? maybe contract disputes but there's been none recently other then Turris last year and a couple guys this year. so if your missing significant amount of games each year it's probably because your often getting injuried. therefore your injury prone.

It makes you wonder why teams bother wasting their money on injury prone players like Clowe, Lucic, Horton, J. Staal, Neil, when they could just fill their roster with players like Kessel, who do their best to stay away from high risk areas/situations.

leafspring*

Ryan Hamilton should get the call-up if i have a finger on the pulse of this correctly i think. No excuses,whoever comes up needs to balance this out. JVR deserves some degree of comfort level developement time too. Leave him with grabo,Kulie seems reasonable after the game they had together.

Calling Frattin up now pressures him into a replace offense situation. He's a pro but i could see it pressuring him more than he needs at this time.Ryan Hamilton would give safe confident minutes,and Frattin can get it goin a bit while taking the next call-up.

Edit: Completely forgot Connolly. He can play wing pretty good too.

Last edited by a moderator:

MajorityRules*

This is so frustrating.

The guy has a 10 year history of being injury prone... so how can anybody be surprised that he's already injured mere HOURS after signing his new ridiculous contract?

Why does our management make so many decusions that are stupid? I just don't understand....

Even if you read the comments on tsn it's full of NHL fans tha are utterly perplexed as to why Lupul was signed for so much. People were genuinely concerned. "He's ridiculously injury prone... So why did the leads give him so much money? I just don't understand".

Why is it that casual fans know so much more than professionals who are paid millions of dollars? I'm just so few up of this organization. It's been an unhealthy level of frustration for years now.

LMFAO, that comment right there explains exactly why I can never ever take you seriously, and the fact that you actually believe what you are saying makes it all the better.:laugh:

Why don't you do us all a favour and go apply for the GM position and show us all how it's supposed to be done. Make sure you let them know you're a casual fan and are much smarter than any professional out there. :shakehead

leafspring*

It makes you wonder why teams bother wasting their money on injury prone players like Clowe, Lucic, Horton, J. Staal, Neil, when they could just fill their roster with players like Kessel, who do their best to stay away from high risk areas/situations.

I'm glad we have the only player in the NHL who can get 82 points from the perimeter.

Gatorade*

LMFAO, that comment right there explains exactly why I can never ever take you seriously, and the fact that you actually believe what you are saying makes it all the better.:laugh:

Why don't you do us all a favour and go apply for the GM position and show us all how it's supposed to be done. Make sure you let them know you're a casual fan and are much smarter than any professional out there. :shakehead

He was referring to comments on TSN.ca.

Nice troll attempt.

Lupul is injury prone. No surprise.

Injuries will ratchet up in this short season and this group of softies Burke assembled is highly prone. Bet on it.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
This is so frustrating.

The guy has a 10 year history of being injury prone... so how can anybody be surprised that he's already injured mere HOURS after signing his new ridiculous contract?

Why does our management make so many decusions that are stupid? I just don't understand....

Even if you read the comments on tsn it's full of NHL fans tha are utterly perplexed as to why Lupul was signed for so much. People were genuinely concerned. "He's ridiculously injury prone... So why did the leads give him so much money? I just don't understand".

Why is it that casual fans know so much more than professionals who are paid millions of dollars?
I'm just so few up of this organization. It's been an unhealthy level of frustration for years now.
At the end of the day it's just cash to MLSE. If he's injured, it doesn't affect our cap, so it was a risk worth taking. Guy is basically a ppg since joining us. Why am I even answering you?

leafspring*

Nice troll attempt.

Injuries will ratchet up in this short season and this group of softies Burke assembled is highly prone. Bet on it.

They didn't look to soft to me in three games. This is not a Wilson coached team man,and they'll play gritty minutes or have a seat. Thats all.

leafspring*

At the end of the day it's just cash to MLSE. If he's injured, it doesn't affect our cap, so it was a risk worth taking. Guy is basically a ppg since joining us. Why am I even answering you?

Your answering because he annoys the beejeezuz out of you i'm thinkin. Some people here don't move forward,and i don't much like anything they post but,if a reasonable person like(myself);) posts a angry post(and i have), its easy to admit later when your cool that you over reacted.

He's over reacting because,we have plenty of depth that can play safe minutes.

Lupul was a good signing all things considered like age,production,work ethic,character. You know the clause he has in there that pays him when injured was bad,bad ,bad though.:laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm guessing Connolly or Frattin come back tonight? I can see them giving Connolly another shot.

SteveV*

You call up Frattin, then move JVR to the top line. JVR is the perfect fit replacement, then you reunite the Grabo, Kul, Mac line and Frattin slots in with Kadri and Kom.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007

Nice troll attempt.

I know.

I wish players had steel forearms

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
It will be Connolly because 2 of the next 3 games are against his former teams in the Islanders and Buffalo. Leafs will try to catch lightening in a bottle with him and bring him up. But I dont see him on first line with Kessel. I see Kulemin being moved up.

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - McCarther
Komarov - Kadri - Connolly
Brown - McClement - Orr

Reason for Kulemin is we need his defensive capabilities on top line with big body in corners as Bozak and Kessel will miss that with Lupol gone.

This would be my move and reasoning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad