Injury Report: Lupul

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
I feel like I remember Bozak and Frattin playing together at some point.... Wouldn't mind giving Frattin a shot on the top line assuming he gets called up

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I recall saying when phaneuf scored of Grabovskis face, that guy is going to injur someone with that wild thing. Why oh why did it have to be lupul

Disgruntled Observer*

This is so frustrating.

The guy has a 10 year history of being injury prone... so how can anybody be surprised that he's already injured mere HOURS after signing his new ridiculous contract?

Why does our management make so many decusions that are stupid? I just don't understand....

Even if you read the comments on tsn it's full of NHL fans tha are utterly perplexed as to why Lupul was signed for so much. People were genuinely concerned. "He's ridiculously injury prone... So why did the leads give him so much money? I just don't understand".

Why is it that casual fans know so much more than professionals who are paid millions of dollars?
I'm just so few up of this organization. It's been an unhealthy level of frustration for years now.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
he took a puck clean off the forearm.

hardly about being injury prone. I bet he's back in 2 - 3 weeks.

Lixxiq

@Lixxiq
Jan 27, 2007
Augsburg, GER
This is so frustrating.

The guy has a 10 year history of being injury prone... so how can anybody be surprised that he's already injured mere HOURS after signing his new ridiculous contract?

Why does our management make so many decusions that are stupid? I just don't understand....

Even if you read the comments on tsn it's full of NHL fans tha are utterly perplexed as to why Lupul was signed for so much. People were genuinely concerned. "He's ridiculously injury prone... So why did the leads give him so much money? I just don't understand".

Why is it that casual fans know so much more than professionals who are paid millions of dollars?
I'm just so few up of this organization. It's been an unhealthy level of frustration for years now.

I think it's a different situation.

Regardless whether he's a injure-prone player or not, Lupul suffered the injury after a shot from Phaneuf. That's just misfortune and could have happened to every other player on the ice too.

I like Lupul a lot and when I read about the contract extension my first thought also was like Wow, because of his long list of injuries but just right now in this scenario, you can't blame the management, the player or anybody else.

Disgruntled Observer*

he took a puck clean off the forearm.

hardly about being injury prone. I bet he's back in 2 - 3 weeks.

Injury prone players get injured often.
Lupul gets injured often.
Lupul is injury prone.

All injury prone players have fans that defend them no matter when/how they get Injured.

Disgruntled Observer*

I think it's a different situation.

Regardless whether he's a injure-prone player or not, Lupul suffered the injury after a shot from Phaneuf. That's just misfortune and could have happened to every other player on the ice too.

I like Lupul a lot and when I read about the contract extension my first thought also was like Wow, because of his long list of injuries but just right now in this scenario, you can't blame the management, the player or anybody else.

I'm not blaming Lupul at all.
I like him a ton as a player.
He's not trying to get injured.

But regardless... He DOES seem to just find ways to get injured constantly. Which is pretty much the precise definition of injury prone.

But i DO blame manaegment for signing a player for that long for that much money who is about as injury

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Yeah because getting a back infection is definitely a good way to describe a player as being injury prone. It's something that is an anomaly in life, and hardly had anything to do with the sport.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Injury prone players get injured often.
Lupul gets injured often.
Lupul is injury prone.

All injury prone players have fans that defend them no matter when/how they get Injured.

I partly agree. But even the tough ones fracture an arm from time to time. Dion can clap them. This isn't groin pull/ankle sprain type stuff like band-aid boys Gaborik and Hemsky.

He was probably our best forward last year. Let's calm down.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Yeah because getting a back infection is definitely a good way to describe a player as being injury prone. It's something that is an anomaly in life, and hardly had anything to do with the sport.

Yeah, the screw-up at the hospital that caused him to develop a blood infection after surgery is all his damned fault and is further proof that he is injury prone. He is the second coming of Tim Connolly!!!!

12345*

Yeah, the screw-up at the hospital that caused him to develop a blood infection after surgery is all his damned fault and is further proof that he is injury prone. He is the second coming of Tim Connolly!!!!

Post-surgical sepsis is not a screw up. It is a risk associated with any surgery.

Disgruntled Observer*

Go ahead and name any player that you think is injury prone.

I'll then look him up, and give lame excuses as to why all his injuries were just 'unlucky' freak occurrences.

You'll probably think 'but that's PRECISELY what happens to injury prone players'.

You'll then feel very frustrated and angry that the person you are arguing with doesn't even understand what 'injury prone player' means.

When you feel the pinnacle of that frustration... Remember it. Lock it in your memory.
Because that frustration... That precise frustration... Is exactly what I feel at the very moment.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

I'll then look him up, and give lame excuses as to why all his injuries were just 'unlucky' freak occurrences.

You'll probably think 'but that's PRECISELY what happens to injury prone players'.

You'll then feel very frustrated and angry that the person you are arguing with doesn't even understand what 'injury prone player' means.

When you feel the pinnacle of that frustration... Remember it. Lock it in your memory.
Because that frustration... That precise frustration... Is exactly what I feel at the very moment.

Then maybe you need to take a valium and gain some perspective on life.

Disgruntled Observer*

Regardless of dion slap shots or hospital mixups... Lupul had a ten year history of getting injured. Often. VERY often.

If management was intelligent, they wouldn't have expected that to change. Which means that if they were intelligent, they wouldn't have offered him so much money for so many years.

Unfortunately management (yet again) made a very very stupid decision, as opposed to an intelligent decision.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011

To me, injury prone implies that every knick and knack has a decent chance to sideline a player. Like when Kadri hit Markov and he was slow to get up, the entire fanbase holds their breath, and only blew a huge sigh of relief when started skating to the bench. Fragile/glass-man may be a better term for it, I suppose. Lupul takes a crap load of punishment every single night, and I don't see how that label can be applied to him.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
To me, injury prone implies that every knick and knack has a decent chance to sideline a player. Like when Kadri hit Markov and he was slow to get up, the entire fanbase holds their breath, and only blew a huge sigh of relief when started skating to the bench. Fragile/glass-man may be a better term for it, I suppose. Lupul takes a crap load of punishment every single night, and I don't see how that label can be applied to him.

Injury prone is a guy who doesn't play 82 games or close to it regularly. a guy who misses significant time every season doesn't matter what the circumstances. Lupul hasn't played a full season or close to it since 08-09 season thats 5 season's ago he clearly fits the injury prone status.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
This is so frustrating.

Relax, Burke has this team loaded with depth.

Frattin will step right in and everything will be fine.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Frattin will step right in and everything will be fine

I'm sorry but wtf is this.... the dude can't even get it together in the AHL, now your expecting him to come in and play hero? I don't think so! Look, I like Frattin but lets get real he is not and never will be a 1st line player, best case is 3rd line material, good player to have but hes nowhere near going to replace what Lups brings to the table.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Injury prone is a guy who doesn't play 82 games or close to it regularly. a guy who misses significant time every season doesn't matter what the circumstances. Lupul hasn't played a full season or close to it since 08-09 season thats 5 season's ago he clearly fits the injury prone status.

Pretty much every player then would fit that category based on your critera. Lupul has suffered 3 serious injuries, the back injury was nothing until the surgery was goofed on, the broken arm last year gurantee you it happens to a lot of guys, tonights injury was Lupul being an idiot, he knew Dion had a cannon yet chose to put his body in front of it, him being injured is on Lupul. However at the end of the day I just don't view him as this injury prone or overly prone injury player.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Frattin will step right in and everything will be fine

I'm sorry but wtf is this.... the dude can't even get it together in the AHL, now your expecting him to come in and play hero? I don't think so! Look, I like Frattin but lets get real he is not and never will be a 1st line player, best case is 3rd line material, good player to have but hes nowhere near going to replace what Lups brings to the table.

There's also zero indication that he'd be able to match Mac's production, who a lot of people want gone by TDL to make room for Frattin.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Pretty much every player then would fit that category based on your critera. Lupul has suffered 3 serious injuries, the back injury was nothing until the surgery was goofed on, the broken arm last year gurantee you it happens to a lot of guys, tonights injury was Lupul being an idiot, he knew Dion had a cannon yet chose to put his body in front of it, him being injured is on Lupul. However at the end of the day I just don't view him as this injury prone or overly prone injury player.

name somebody else on our team whose missed significant time due to injury in each of the last 2-3 season's

it doesn't really matter what the injury or how it happened he's not played 70 games since 08-09 and didn't the year before that. I like lupul and it's unfortunate for him but he's injury prone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad