Injury Report: Lupul

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Regardless of dion slap shots or hospital mixups... Lupul had a ten year history of getting injured. Often. VERY often.

So a guy who hasn't played ten years in the NHL has a ten year history of getting injured often??? Is that new math or something?

If management was intelligent, they wouldn't have expected that to change. Which means that if they were intelligent, they wouldn't have offered him so much money for so many years.

This is ridiculous. Players who have suffered injuries can stop getting injured and players who have never been injured can start getting injured. Just because something has happened in the past does not mean it is guaranteed to continue happening.

Unfortunately management (yet again) made a very very stupid decision, as opposed to an intelligent decision.

And you, with your extensive hockey expertise and experience, know better than the professionals do you? If so, please provide us with your hockey resume, explain why you are not running an NHL team, and give us your sure-fire plan to bring the Cup back to Toronto. We'll all be waiting...

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
To me, injury prone implies that every knick and knack has a decent chance to sideline a player. Like when Kadri hit Markov and he was slow to get up, the entire fanbase holds their breath, and only blew a huge sigh of relief when started skating to the bench. Fragile/glass-man may be a better term for it, I suppose. Lupul takes a crap load of punishment every single night, and I don't see how that label can be applied to him.

To me, injury prone has a negative connotation to it implying that the guy is as fragile as a China Doll and the term should not, necessarily, be applied to every player who suffers injuries. A player like Connolly is injury prone, a player like Lupul not so much.

Kirkpatrick

Oct 6, 2011
Ottawa
To me, injury prone has a negative connotation to it implying that the guy is as fragile as a China Doll and the term should not, necessarily, be applied to every player who suffers injuries. A player like Connolly is injury prone, a player like Lupul not so much.

Seems like people have two different interpretations of "Injury Prone":

a) A player who has suffered many injuries ("unlucky"), and
b) A player who is injured in situations where others would likely not be ("made of glass")

Lupul is definitely the first, but not the second.

Also, sucks to lose him for so much of the season! Guy's body can't catch a break.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sharks fan coming in peace, I'm a Leaf fan second. I'm pissed that he's injured because I actually like Lupul, he's easily one of the best players and I think he could have been an 70-80 point player with Anaheim or Philly (maybe not Edmonton because they stunk when he was there) if it wasn't for his injury problems. I think his game has really excelled with the Leafs because he's definitely become more of a leader on this young Leafs team and he's realized that he needs to really step his game up offensively so I'm glad to see his game really improve. For all the people saying "this guy can't stay healthy" and "oh he has too many injury problems" chill, his biggest injury problem was with his back and concussions earlier in his career so this obviously isn't related to that so he should be fine long term.

Main reason I'm here though is because I have him in my fantasy pool though so I'm wondering if there's been any official word on how long he'll be out and if he's likely to be put on the IR? Should I drop him or wait for him to be put on IR so I can pick up a temporary player, because I don't want someone else picking him up but its a short season so he'll miss like 10 games or so no? Any help would be appreciated but thanks in advance for the help. By the way I was impressed, and surprised with that win over the Pens last night, I have Reimer in another pool so yay! Keep it up Leafs!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
this sucks, but thankfully the additions of JVR and Kadri this year make it a little easier to absorb. it's also nice to have productive talent in the AHL like Frattin and Connolly for depth.

we're not going to be the only team that loses good players to injury for long stretches, so we have to be able to deal with it. hopefully we don't get too many more.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Looks as though the Leafs won't be getting that 4th round pick from Anaheim after all; no big deal.

Primeau when here, talked about missing nearly an entire season in Calgary affter taking a Phaneuf slap shot on the leg.

Scrivens spoke very highly of how Lupul will be missed by the team in a number of areas, including leadership.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Sharks fan coming in peace, I'm a Leaf fan second. I'm pissed that he's injured because I actually like Lupul, he's easily one of the best players and I think he could have been an 70-80 point player with Anaheim or Philly (maybe not Edmonton because they stunk when he was there) if it wasn't for his injury problems. I think his game has really excelled with the Leafs because he's definitely become more of a leader on this young Leafs team and he's realized that he needs to really step his game up offensively so I'm glad to see his game really improve. For all the people saying "this guy can't stay healthy" and "oh he has too many injury problems" chill, his biggest injury problem was with his back and concussions earlier in his career so this obviously isn't related to that so he should be fine long term.

Main reason I'm here though is because I have him in my fantasy pool though so I'm wondering if there's been any official word on how long he'll be out and if he's likely to be put on the IR? Should I drop him or wait for him to be put on IR so I can pick up a temporary player, because I don't want someone else picking him up but its a short season so he'll miss like 10 games or so no? Any help would be appreciated but thanks in advance for the help. By the way I was impressed, and surprised with that win over the Pens last night, I have Reimer in another pool so yay! Keep it up Leafs!

6 wks give or take

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Looks as though the Leafs won't be getting that 4th round pick from Anaheim after all; no big deal.

Primeau when here, talked about missing nearly an entire season in Calgary affter taking a Phaneuf slap shot on the leg.

Scrivens spoke very highly of how Lupul will be missed by the team in a number of areas, including leadership.

Yeah but who cares. He's soft remember and this that totally outweighs all the positives :sarcasm:

SteveV*

Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.

Is there someone around who can pour a bowl of ice cold water on you? Then say thanks.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Is there someone around who can pour a bowl of ice cold water on you? Then say thanks.

I'm sorry but as good as Phaneuf is, he is simply not worth over $9 million a year.

He cost the team millions in lost production from Phaneuf.

He should either give that money back to MLSE or they should explore the idea of trading him for less costly options.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I'm sorry but as good as Phaneuf is, he is simply not worth over $9 million a year.

He cost the team millions in lost production from Phaneuf.

He should either give that money back to MLSE or they should explore the idea of trading him for less costly options.

From Lupul***

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I get that you try to spin everything negatively but phaneuf didn't cost anyone anyone's since lupul would still be payed. So again stop trying to be so damn negative

Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.

Phaneuf just injured his own teammate with a wild slapshot that would have sailed over the net anyhow.

He just cost the Leafs millions in lost labor production from Lupul...which added to his contract would amount to over $9 million.

So this is the most expensive player the Leafs have ever had...and I'm sorry but he is just not good enough to warrant that kind of money.

Phaneuf needs to try injuring players NOT on his team. That would actually help the Leafs and add value to his worth to the team.

As opposed to this gross violation.

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.

Phaneuf just injured his own teammate with a wild slapshot that would have sailed over the net anyhow.

He just cost the Leafs millions in lost labor production from Lupul...which added to his contract would amount to over $9 million.

So this is the most expensive player the Leafs have ever had...and I'm sorry but he is just not good enough to warrant that kind of money.

Phaneuf needs to try injuring players NOT on his team. That would actually help the Leafs and add value to his worth to the team.

As opposed to this gross violation.

1. Phaneuf's shot was going towards the net. Not going high and wide.

2. Adding half of lupuls salary to Phaneuf's is proving nothing nor does it make sense but keep trying to push it as if it means anything

summerstorm

Dec 5, 2011
Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.

I think you need to back off the crack pipe...but true to form...you are a most negative poster....chin up fella...recess in comin' soon.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->