Lupul vs Subban

TML g u n n e R s*

.5 ppg rookie defensmen who is logging a ton of minutes on a defensively stingy team is pretty impressive.

there are many many more better d man than him but he seems to be the only cocky, classy one

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Why wouldn't I bring up stuff from other threads? It's all the same fans saying ****. I was saying what I've read.

The fact that you put Subban with guys like Avery, Cooke, Ott is a joke itself. What has he done that wrong? I would love to see them. You mean punching a guy who moved towards him?

I was on the same discussion. Fans said either: He couldn't fight somebody tougher? Or Why did he attack him while he was taking off his helmet.

Both are just dumb.

I'll let the out of thread stuff slide, makes no sense to talk about stuff in other threads, I don't monitor every single thread here.

Now for the fight somebody tougher? I find that point to be stupid. It's the same thing of any guy 5'9" to 6'9" having to fight somebody after a hit. Why does Subban have to fight the toughest guy on the team? If people said I don't understand why, why doesn't Crosby fight Boogard? As far as Subban not backing his mouth up, I've seen this plenty of times, if you chirp a guy, and chirp a guy, and do some questionable things (Mike Richards for example), answer for it, when you chirp Lucic but then back off, answer for it. There's a reason why not ONE team, but a ton of teams have no respect for Subban, it's because he just talks too much.

I saw him alot in Belleville, loved his play, talked crap, that's fine, loved it, you talk the talk and walk the walk. But in the NHL, he's doing so much stupid ****, and not answering for it, this isn't a boy league, it's a men's league, be a man, or else you will be paired with the other players that do stupid **** but then run away.

Edit: And the helmet thing, I don't even see it as a big deal anymore, if he broke Lupul's nose with a sucker punch I understand, but it was more of just a collision.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
there are many many more better d man than him but he seems to be the only cocky, classy one

Key word is ''rookie''. The guy's ok. He doesn't try to intentionally injure players and he isn't in the league for fighting. He plays his game and is good at it. People should just shut up about it, they're just trying to find meaningless things to blame him for. Wake me up when he'll have done something worthy of a thread.

TML g u n n e R s*

Key word is ''rookie''. The guy's ok. He doesn't try to intentionally injure players and he isn't in the league for fighting. He plays his game and is good at it. People should just shut up about it, they're just trying to find meaningless things to blame him for. Wake me up when he'll have done something worthy of a thread.

why is the key word rookie?? i dont see any other rookies doing the same things he is past and present

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Agitating the opponents is part of his game and that's why he's good. If you had him on your team you'd be in love with him also. Hard not to like a player who gives absolutley 100% every shift and who is intense. The same Marchand is becoming a fan favorite in Boston and should be one, he's an intense hockey player with a big ego and he's cocky. I like Marchand and am not a Boston fan. I don't go around trolling in every thread about him tho. I'll make a couple of comments about him on the habs board, but he's a great hockey player and I love his game.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
why is the key word rookie?? i dont see any other rookies doing the same things he is past and present
Huh and what the hell has he done that no rookie in the history of the league hasn't?

Rookie is also a key word because the guy you quoted gave him more credit for being an excellent first year player. Not everyone can crack an NHL line-up and be a top guy on their team in their first year of play. Subban's one of the best rookies out there.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Brad Marchand. Him and Subban have similar characters on the ice. Both make questionable plays in terms of hitting both are very, very talkative and pesty. Why does Subban get all the attention?

TML g u n n e R s*

Agitating the opponents is part of his game and that's why he's good. If you had him on your team you'd be in love with him also. Hard not to like a player who gives absolutley 100% every shift and who is intense. The same Marchand is becoming a fan favorite in Boston and should be one, he's an intense hockey player with a big ego and he's cocky. I like Marchand and am not a Boston fan. I don't go around trolling in every thread about him tho. I'll make a couple of comments about him on the habs board, but he's a great hockey player and I love his game.

im just saying he has to big of an ego and somethimes that may be good and sometimes that may be bad we will see

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
im just saying he has to big of an ego and somethimes that may be good and sometimes that may be bad we will see

And does that warrant the amount of hate he gets? Be honest here. I still haven't recieved an adequate justification for the hate he gets when there are many many players who are much worse.

TML g u n n e R s*

And does that warrant the amount of hate he gets? Be honest here. I still haven't recieved an adequate justification for the hate he gets when there are many many players who are much worse.

dont get me wrong he is a great guy when your friends with him. i meet him a couple times i am not personally friends with him but my friend from Quinte S.S is, and he can be a **** when he takes you the wrong way..

i guess that hab jersey does have alot to do with it

FanHabtic*

With the amount of press/media/fan reaction you would think Subban is a superstar! I'm starting to believe he is by the sheer number of threads / comments by fans who are insanely jealous!

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
How about we just schedule a Luke Schenn v. P.K Subban fight and end the discussion then?
Not a chance. If PK gets injured it might cost Montreal the playoffs. If Schenn gets injured the Bruins will get a higher draft pick.

Instead Schenn and PK should injure Bruin players as much as possible:sarcasm:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Lupul asks him to take of his bucket. Subban motions as if he agrees and then starts throwing punches. Subban knew what he was doing.

Did you miss the part where Lupul came in on Subban? he was close enough to give him a peck on the lips. Why the hell would you get that close to a guy if you are taking your helmet off?

kigol

Nov 10, 2008
How about we just schedule a Luke Schenn v. P.K Subban fight and end the discussion then?

Whatever happens, there will always be jealous losers somewhere to find something wrong with what Subban did/does/will do/didn't do/etc

kigol

Nov 10, 2008
Did you miss the part where Lupul came in on Subban? he was close enough to give him a peck on the lips. Why the hell would you get that close to a guy if you are taking your helmet off?

Subban's fault, he was supposed to start skating backward right there so the gap would remain the same between him and queen Lupul while he takes his helmet off.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Didn't you get the memo? if you are a rookie you CANNOT agitate, you CANNOT have flair, you must be silent and blend into the crowd. Best wait till you are a grizzled sophmore before you are allowed to play your game.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The hate that Subban is getting has become beyond irrational. People are now basically throwing logic out the window when it comes to criticizing him. It's blind hate taken to a whole new level.

Subban isn't a saint. Habs' fans know that annoys other players, but are you going to tell me that there aren't other players in the league that behave the same (if not worse) way? It's part of his game and until his tactics become "dirty", I'll never stop defending him.

What I find completely bewildering is the amount of people who, amongst other things, already accuse him of being a dirty player. I truly believe that these "haters" haven't watched more than 2-3 Canadiens' games. I believe that their opinions are basically inspired by a media fabricated reputation that surrounds Subban. Don Cherry and Mike Richards voiced incredibly harsh words regarding Subban's actions. Many people listened to what they said and although they might deny it, their opinion on Subban was without a doubt negatively inspired by these comments.

I've seen so many outrageous comments regarding Subban that I'm starting to find them comical. I mean, I'm still reading comments that state that he's extremely poor defensively, when it's so damn obvious that he's not.

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from impartial users who have actually watched many Canadiens' games, but I think that may be too much to ask.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
You guys gotta keep in mind that the mass population are morons, it's been proven time and time again throughout history, so if these guys wanna talk or hate or whatever who cares, why get worked up for it?

Zrinski

Oct 10, 2010
lol at all the Habs fans blindly defending the guy and pretending everyone else is only mad cause it was PK.

Clearly he didn't do anything wrong. THAT'S why he apologized to Lupul for hitting him while he was taking off the helmet while the two were in the box.

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
After awhile and the amount of guys PK is ticking off there must be something to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad