Lupul vs Subban

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
last time i checked, i wasn't a professional athlete who'd just lost a fight and a hockey game and there wasn't a microphone in my face. there's no controversy here without lupul whining to the media, yet somehow subban is the one who gets all the criticism.

You wrote an entire paragraph of whine and then complained about whining. Odd no?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
When a player goes down that is when the fight is over.

Did Campbell throw a punch after Pyatt went down( Pyatt didn't go down)? Actually Pyatt threw the 1st punch.

Did Boychuk throw any punches while Spacek was down? Again no.

As for Thornton going after Hamrlik...maybe he went to far, but their also is a code about not taking a shot after the whistle which Hamrlik did.

During the Horton and Subban scrum, the 3rd man in was Gill not Lucic.

When Lucic shoved/crosschecked Price,it was Price who started it by pushing Lucic first.

As for PK. I did think that he was removing his helmet on the play and to stop and start throwing before he removed it was cheap.

The canadiens aren't as innocent as most hear believe. They remind me of a girl who wears a mini skirt,tight top shows her cleavage and then complains when the guys look at her.
****ing win! :laugh:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
First of all, apologizing for something doesn't make it ok. (1) If I broke a window in your home, stole your TV, but then called and apologized, are you saying I shouldn't be held accountable for what I did since I apologized? Of course not, because that kind of thought is idiotic.

Second of all, I'm not one of the people nailing the kid to the cross here. I've said I understand it was a heat of the moment thing, and I don't believe it was an intentional suckerpunch. Who I'm criticizing are the Habs fans blindly defending him, the ones saying he did nothing wrong when he admits he has. Intentional or not.

(1) Quite a jump from what really happened to your example, where the perpetrator knew beforehand that what he was going to do was wrong. Stupid example.

(2) We have only Lupul's word so far (I haven't read the rest of the thread yet) as to Subban's apology.

Even if he did, from Lupul's own words ("He apologized and said he didn’t know that I was taking my helmet off."), it's for something he did not realize happened when it happened.

So he did not apologize for doing wrong.

(3) As already mentioned several times, very stupid of Lupul to do what he did. But you're probably blinded by your hate.

Zrinski

Oct 10, 2010
(1) Quite a jump from what really happened to your example, where the perpetrator knew beforehand that what he was going to do was wrong. Stupid example.

(2) We have only Lupul's word so far (I haven't read the rest of the thread yet) as to Subban's apology.

Even if he did, from Lupul's own words ("He apologized and said he didn’t know that I was taking my helmet off."), it's for something he did not realize happened when it happened.
So he did not apologize for doing wrong.

(3) As already mentioned several times, very stupid of Lupul to do what he did. But you're probably blinded by your hate.

I already explained my example wasn't a direct comparrison to the Subban situation, please see my last post. I apologize for using it, I was trying to get a different point across and I understand why it was confusing.

Subban apologized to Lupul for hitting him while he was taking his helmet off, and told him he did not know he was doing so. If you don't think that's admitting he did something wrong, I'm not sure I can help you out. I'll try though, to use an appropriate example:

If I was walking down the street and bumped into you or stepped on your foot, I would (likely) apologize for doing so. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong at the time, but I did, and I felt genuinely apologetic about it afterwards. That's admiting I did something wrong, I caused injury (I'm a big guy) or discomfort and should have been paying more attention while walking down the road. This fits the bolded part, no? It was 'something wrong', not something terrible or something intentional, but I made a mistake none the less.

Ayatollah Chowmeini

May 27, 2010
MTL/MKE
hahahah i'm not whining. i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. i have no problems with how pathetic the leafs are and their attempts to throw the habs off their game. maybe i'll pay attention when their first rounder in the late-20s is theirs and not philadelphia's.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I already explained my example wasn't a direct comparrison to the Subban situation, please see my last post. I apologize for using it, I was trying to get a different point across and I understand why it was confusing.

Yeah but you still did it, so shouldn't you be held accountable for it, apology or not?

:p:

Alaix

I believe.
Mar 30, 2010
subbanlupul-o.gif

Why did this thread go any further than that?? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad