Lupul vs Subban

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I guess i'm just giving Subban the benefit of the doubt here, but these things happen so fast in real time, lots of adrenaline and Subban isn't exactly an experienced fighter at any level.

I guess its just another thing for the haters to pile on Subban, but i really don't see it being THAT bad.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Why was Lupul going towards Subban while trying to get rid of his own helmet? Was it THAT hard to wait maybe .5 seconds to get rid of it and THEN going toward Subban?

Deker21

Sep 24, 2009
Thunder Bay On
Fair and even fight is what I seen. Don't understand the Lupul statement, seems like he was embarrassed in not winning a fight against a rookie. "I will give him the benefit of the doubt" Lol

Zrinski

Oct 10, 2010
Fair and even fight is what I seen. Don't understand the Lupul statement, seems like he was embarrassed in not winning a fight against a rookie. "I will give him the benefit of the doubt" Lol

He meant he wouldn't assume he was a little ***** that started throwing while he was taking his helmet off, and assume Subban thought he was coming at him.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
I really don't get how this fight and that ''sucker punch'' is more frowned upon than all the Lucic, Jordan Staal type sucker punches we've seen this season.

I don't recall ever seeing a guy skating right into someone as he takes off his helmet. Do you really think that Lupul would've waited for Subban to take off his helmet? Usually, if you're going to take off for a fight, both players skate back. But Lupul cleary goes into Subban as if he wanted to get the early hand in. Subban reacted as a lot of players would in this situation.

This is real similar to the Spacek-MacArthur fight where Spacek barely had time to remove his helmet before MacArthur was already wailing on him. But nobody had issues with this.

I wish that someone out there would just come out and say exactly what Subban needs to learn in order to earn that evasive Respect. Seems to me like nobody really has a clue and just find things to keep piling on Subban.

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
They were committed to fight, and Lupul closed the distance before he (Lupul) was ready. The gloves are off--if you close the distance, you have to prepare and expect to get popped. Lupul's skating backwards and then changes direction and skates right in to Subban. Don't engage if you're not ready because if you're going to throw down, your opponent's not going to be too comfortable letting you get right in on top of him. If this was a case of Subban closing the distance while Lupul was skating back/circling and taking off his helmet, it would have been an absolute dick move, but I don't think you can fault Subban for what happened in this case.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
subbanlupul-o.gif

If Lupul wasn't ready to fight, he had no reason to go towards Subban.

Was he looking for a pre-fight kiss or what?

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
subbanlupul-o.gif

If Lupul wasn't ready to fight, he had no reason to go towards Subban.

Was he looking for a pre-fight kiss or what?
I have never seen a guy trying to take off his helmet while skating towards his opponent:laugh: What is PK supposed to do, he was reaching to take his off then suddenly Lupul is heading towards him. It happened so fast Subban did what is a natural instinct in men for over three thousand years, you defend yourself. If Lupul backs off and gives both guys a chance to remove the helmets it would not of happened that PK got the jump.

Anybody that can't see this is just biased against PK or an idiot.

Phousse

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I love that right after this post
People are too proud to admit that they were wrong in this case, especially when it involves Subban.

Watch the replay in real time. Both men reached for their helmets, but their momentum brought them together so PK started swinging - it all happened so quickly that even I, as a viewer, had to re-watch that portion of the replay several times to get a full idea of what was going on. At first glance, it did look like Subban jumped him, but after that, you can clearly see him reaching for his helmet.

I don't blame Lupul for being upset either because it happened so fast. He went to take off his helmet, but unlike Subban, he kept going for the helmet - either way, it happened so quickly that there's no way Lupul could have gotten a good idea of what happened.

I like the guy who made the analogy with the beer can - same deal, but nobody will listen to this post because, as mentioned, it involves PK Subban, who is universally wrong whenever he does anything.
We get this one
***** move by Subban to attack him while Loops wanted to make it fair and take the helmet off.
Gotta wonder if people even read.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Couple of things;

Not a habs fan, love Subban

Sour grapes for Lupul offering advice to PK, reeks of bitterness like Stamkos and the Tampa roster on Omark

The gif above my post puts the nonsense to bed. Lupul was clearly coming at Subban.

I'd love to have Subban on my team, kid is a stud.

Haters gonna hate, keep on keepin' on PK.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
He meant he wouldn't assume he was a little ***** that started throwing while he was taking his helmet off, and assume Subban thought he was coming at him.

Care to point out at what point of the fight he was in the wrong? As has been stated multiple times, Lupul was almost sitting on Subban and you want him to wait?

:laugh:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2011/2/13/1991083/add-joffrey-lupul-to-the-anti-subban-list

I think Lupul advanced to early and Subban reacted. Anyone that has played Hockey in a Leaque with fighting would say the same. Lupul shouldalso know that this is the age of the internet and when you stay stuff, you'd better be prepared for people to call BS with video evidence.

Phousse

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
To be fair to Lupul I doubt he was analyzing video footage of the fight right after the game and from his perspective he probably didn't even realize that he came in that close so it seemed like a cheap shot to him.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Nice fight, love when Subban answers the bell (he will pick his fights, he's not a fighter, although he could probably turn out to be a decent middleweight). He's a rookie he could always improve on that department.

Lupul made a dumb move, and then he calls out Subbanator in the media. Biggest real life NHL troll this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad