Lundqvist is injured (2/6 Update: ~one month)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Talbot is a very good goalie. He was used to playing lots of games when he was in Hartford. I think he can handle driving the bus for a while. It will help if the team tightens it up a little bit though.

As for Skapski--he's had an impressive rookie season in the AHL--24 games played--12 wins 7 losses and 1 overtime loss--a 2.38 GAA and a .914 save%. Those are very good numbers for a 20 year old--former 7th round pick--he's outplayed two very good AHL vets IMO--Cedrick Desjardins and Yann Danis. He's looking like he has NHL potential. Saying that I'd hesitate to throw him into the fire (or deep end) but all in all I don't think it's time yet for the Rangers to panic.

motorace

May 7, 2012
so crazy the timing of the shot, where the shot went, with the stick lifting up his helmet

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
This could be a blessing in disguise, especially with a solid backup. He will be much more rested for the playoffs and should have more than enough in the tank to take it all the way.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well the caps just recalled Phillip grubeaur from ahl so means end of Justin Peters. Could he be going to ny?

haakon84

Dec 14, 2003
This could be a blessing in disguise, especially with a solid backup. He will be much more rested for the playoffs and should have more than enough in the tank to take it all the way.

I don't think goalies necessarily need to be rested for the playoffs, it's not the same as skaters.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As long as there is no concern about his health other than him needing time to heal this could be very good for the Rangers as long as the backups perform

Lundqvist could most likely benefit from a bit of rest at this point of the season and if he comes back with the Rangers still in a playoff spot watch out

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lundqvist has shown in the past that he can absolutely drag this team kicking and screaming to the playoffs if he has to, but that being said, he hasn't had to carry us like that in awhile.

He hasn't stopped carrying us since he got here.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Only if he returns early enough where he can get at least 10-15 games before the playoffs to get his wits about him. Can't just expect him to step right in and resume the level of play he was at. He is traditionally a slow starter and it took quite some time for him to get to the level he was at.

Rinne, probably the best goalie in the NHL this season, got rocked in his first game back last night.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Peters ****ing blows. like Ray Emery level of terrible.
I think the Rangers should be fine with Talbot. He isn't Lundqvist obviously but he is a very good goalie.

Yes that is true but caps want grubeaur to play everyday in the ahl. Caps made that announcement hours ago and still no responding move. May be nothing but why would caps take a while to announce the corresponding move?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
don't get me wrong. I'd be an idiot if I said I was happy.

That said, this is now going to give the team an opportunity to see how strong they really are. If Hank is out for a month and we are still 3-4 points out of 1st place in the division and no one really fades, then that will give this group of players such a boost of confidence.

I'm looking at this as a challenge to the group.

I think they are up for it.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yes that is true but caps want grubeaur to play everyday in the ahl. Caps made that announcement hours ago and still no responding move. May be nothing but why would caps take a while to announce the corresponding move?

Holtby has played a ton for the Caps this season and likely needed a break. Might be an indication that they no longer trust Peters. TB did this earlier this week sending down Nabokov and calling up Vasilevskiy.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Peters ****ing blows. like Ray Emery level of terrible.
I think the Rangers should be fine with Talbot. He isn't Lundqvist obviously but he is a very good goalie.

In fairness it would probably be a move to have a backup for Talbot. Asking Skapski to come in for a few games might not be what the NYR want to do. You have to have a backup plan in case Talbot goes down as well. All that being said I don't really know much about Peters.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Rangers are 5th in the league in Goals per game...they should hopefully be OK if Cam plays decent until Hank comes back.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Holtby has played a ton for the Caps this season and likely needed a break. Might be an indication that they no longer trust Peters. TB did this earlier this week sending down Nabokov and calling up Vasilevskiy.

Ah I did not think of that but the question im trying to figure out is why is taking so long? if peters is indeed gone (demoted or waivers) why didnt they announce over the past five hours when they announced they recalled grubeaur?? thats why im thinking something up

haakon84

Dec 14, 2003
He hasn't stopped carrying us since he got here.

God the Rangers were never THAT bad. People need to disassociate the bloated salary narcessistic Rangers to the well played team defense Rangers that has been in place since Henrik has been in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad