Lundqvist is injured (2/6 Update: ~one month)

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
You should grab Nabokov before he decides to retire! It's not because we have your first, I promise. :naughty:

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Now if Brodeur was to unretire wouldn't he still be property of the Blues or am I wrong in that?

Seems like a long way to go to get a back up to a back up

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Some people seem to un-informed about Talbot. Don't be too surprised if he plays absolute lights out against Nashville tomorrow.

It does suck that this happened and especially when it was about to be Lundqvist vs Rinnie

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Compression or damage to one of the or the surrounding area of the aotia artery. The headaches he was experiencing were due to lack of oxygen to the brain. He could have stroked out and died. Very scary.

Wow, that is pretty frightening.

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
It means bruised throat muscle(s) in non medical mumbo jumbo. He'll sit. Rangers will be fine.

If Talbot plays well it'll be open season for those Ranger fans who do like to get on Hank. Should be interesting

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
It means bruised throat muscle(s) in non medical mumbo jumbo. He'll sit. Rangers will be fine.

Assuming Lundqvist returns on schedule, I agree.

They are not winning in the postseason without him. At least not like they could with him.

But they most definitely can be fine with him out a month and Talbot getting all the work.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

If Talbot plays well it'll be open season for those Ranger fans who do like to get on Hank. Should be interesting

1) There are very few people in the fan base that "get on hank" and the rest of the fan base tells others to take their words with a grain of salt.

2) Talbot has proved on numerous occasions that he can be a very solid replacement. Obviously not vezina winning caliber repalcement but he'll give you a chance to win every game.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Compression or damage to one of the or the surrounding area of the aotia artery. The headaches he was experiencing were due to lack of oxygen to the brain. He could have stroked out and died. Very scary.

That may be what Hank has, but that is not what "vascular injury" means. Rangers' medical team used extremely vague words to describe it... on purpose, I assume.

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
1) There are very few people in the fan base that "get on hank" and the rest of the fan base tells others to take their words with a grain of salt.

2) Talbot has proved on numerous occasions that he can be a very solid replacement. Obviously not vezina winning caliber repalcement but he'll give you a chance to win every game.

I agree Talbot is great and of course Hank is one of the best. Its odd though I have to say where I'm from it seems like a lot of folks get on him, usually older guys

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The NHL app just told me that Lundqvist said that doing something that is probably not a good idea could be dangerous for his health!?!

Vidic15*

The NHL app just told me that Lundqvist said that doing something that is probably not a good idea could be dangerous for his health!?!

Possible stroke, but that is worst case scenario if he continued to play and pushed hard. He's on aspirin. Will start light cardio soon. He said he is looking forward playing the last stretch and playoffs. His wife is expecting their second child this month.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I posted the NHL.com bit about the update. Apparently he can only do light cardio and they'll re-evaluate him in 2-3 weeks. He says he'll fully recover.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Wow, scary injury. Can't believe he played the next game.

I can't believe they let him play. He could have had a stroke or made this injury much worse than it is. Also if that shot was a few inches over it could have been a Trent McCleary situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad