Lundqvist is injured (2/6 Update: ~one month)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
From this it seems that it is for one game for now.

New York Rangers
G Henrik Lundqvist will be unavailable to the Rangers vs. Bruins on Wednesday, according to Alain Vigneault. G Mackenzie Skapski has been recalled from Hartford (AHL).

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Doubt it's anything serious since he did play against Florida, but a puck to the throat should never be taken lightly.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Doubt it's anything serious since he did play against Florida, but a puck to the throat should never be taken lightly.

Agreed, it can't be too awful, but there's not much of a point playing him when you don't need to.

Playing your backup against Boston is an automatic win anyway. Talbot will enter Vezina discussion.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
From this it seems that it is for one game for now.

New York Rangers
G Henrik Lundqvist will be unavailable to the Rangers vs. Bruins on Wednesday, according to Alain Vigneault. G Mackenzie Skapski has been recalled from Hartford (AHL).

Noooooo...Mackenzie Skapski nooooooooooo... With a name like that, he will be in net, have the biggest defining moment of his career (beating us hands down) and then fade into the darkness... Noooooo...

People for years will tell the story of how Mackenzie Skapski beat the Bruins on a snowy, cold day in Boston... Book it!

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Agreed, it can't be too awful, but there's not much of a point playing him when you don't need to.

Playing your backup against Boston is an automatic win anyway. Talbot will enter Vezina discussion.

Last time the Rangers played Boston, Talbot was in net and the Bruins won 3-0...

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
When I saw the play the first time, this came to my mind immediately

A puck to the throat can be very, very dangerous and fatal.
I wish a good rehab to King V

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I'm kind of shocked, this guy legit never gets injured. Even when he took the puck to the throat the other night, I thought to myself "Yeah, he's going to get up and finish the game." He is one of the healthier goalies I've ever seen.

Ewan McGregor*

that sucks. weird how it happens right when Rinne's coming back

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Certainly doesn't sound promising. He wears a throat protector too, but if the strings are long, and dangly, it doesn't always stay in position. Hope he's ok.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
“@NYRangers: #NYR Henrik Lundqvist suffered a neck injury and is out on a day-to-day basis. Further updates will be provided when more info is available.â€

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Certainly doesn't sound promising. He wears a throat protector too, but if the strings are long, and dangly, it doesn't always stay in position. Hope he's ok.

He got a stray stick right up under the mask which lifted his head up and exposed his neck right as the Carolina player took the shot and hit him in the throat. It was kind of a ridiculous sequence of events.

So far they're saying day to day, dunno if they'll say more at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad