Lundqvist is injured (2/6 Update: ~one month)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really, really hoping it's just some neck soreness or something.

I can't decide if I should be relieved because he played against the panthers, or even more worried because he played against them and now he's out given some extra time.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Getting hit in the throat is not fun. I recently got nailed in the wind pipe and the first day wan't so bad, but the day after was hell. Took a few weeks for it to feel normal again. Hopefully Lundqvist recovers quickly.

2ka RasK*

Probably in excruciating pain just to swallow and such.

An awful injury considering how vital your throat is to every aspect of human functioning.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We get to showcase Talbot for a month so we get even more for him when we trade him next year :nod:

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
A month? Wasn't expecting that. I was thinking like 2 weeks. Oh well, better safe than sorry, and Talbot is a solid backstop.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah Talbot is a solid goalie, though of course it's a concern whether he can handle the load of games without the Rangers having a good option to back him up. Skapski is playing decently in the AHL but he's a rookie so that's asking a lot

MSGFaithful

Apr 17, 2012
NYC/Buffalo
Talbot has a chance to prove himself as a starter and we get to really see how good the defense really is.

That being said....****.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Holy **** the Rangers are screwed

They'll be fine, the East is pretty much settled with which 8 teams will make the playoffs (though the seeding remains very much up in the air). Talbot is a very good back up, who should be able to fill in, at the very least, well enough to prevent a slide bad enough to change that. And then Lundqvist will be healthy in time for the playoffs, not to mention well rested.

It could hurt their seeding, but that's likely all it will affect.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lundqvist has shown in the past that he can absolutely drag this team kicking and screaming to the playoffs if he has to, but that being said, he hasn't had to carry us like that in awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad