Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
He will get signed unless he forces his way to play with his brother.
It would reall be a risk for him to go on the open market, not sure everybody will be pressed to offer him a contract. I thought the same with Harris and Evans, they were good but maybe not enough to be considered by team who don't know them.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
During the broadcast the announcers mentioned that Tuch wanted to return as he wanted to win the championship and said he had an opportunity to sign. Was there any rumours that Montreal was going to sign him?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
During the broadcast the announcers mentioned that Tuch wanted to return as he wanted to win the championship and said he had an opportunity to sign. Was there any rumours that Montreal was going to sign him?

Is he a UFA, if he waits until August? I wonder if he will wait it out to sign with Buffalo and play with his brother. Sabres are way too heavy on finesse guys and need someone who plays heavy, even as a bottom line guy.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Is he a UFA, if he waits until August? I wonder if he will wait it out to sign with Buffalo and play with his brother. Sabres are way too heavy on finesse guys and need someone who plays heavy, even as a bottom line guy.
He was not good enough last season to even get a tryout, let alone an ELC. It's assumed he'll be signed after his season is done. He's still a longshot to even be an NHLer and probably needs 2-3 years of AHL seasoning on top of his four years in the NCAA. Even now the uptick in production is from playing with Celebrini. Hughes has strong ties to the NCAA and he's already team mates with Hutson so I don't think he'd push to sign in Buffalo where there's 20 guys ahead of him on the depth chart and a much clearer path to the NHL here where we have legitimately no forward prospects who are guaranteed to push for the NHL in the next couple years. Farrell destroyed the NCAA last year, as in more than double the prospect Tuch is, and is developing in the AHL while we have open spots everywhere in Montreal.

But yes, he can use the loophole if he wants, but I doubt Buffalo would be looking to spend an ELC with the number of quality forward prospects they have.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hughes knows him & has coached him. MSL kids played w him. Tuch’s been working with Adam Nicholas…. would be downright shocking if he isn’t signed.

I fully expect another Struble scenario to play itself out, and Tuch to seize a spot on the Habs sometime next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad