Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
I dont know, they have been doing this thing of having young guys from the NCAA in recent years.

And personally, If I were in charge of the US team, and Alex asked that, I would have told him to **** off.
The kid has a well rounded game with some speed, a pro game style. Not a bad bet while the good ones are chasing the SC.

My guess is the Habs are waiting to get back a few contracts below the limit of 50 before signing him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If Luke Tuch is back for his 4th year - means at the end he is an FA. Not a huge loss if that is the case.
Why, lots of NCAA prospects play 4 years and sign with NHL team. Not like Tuch had much top 6 minutes. With injuries/covid shortened season would be good to go back and see if he can be a good offensive producer and leader.

He can easily be a valuable 4th line modern day goon for Montreal in a couple years causing mayhem with Xhekaj. By all accounts, he seems to be very physical. If they give him up for nothing, I'd be disappointed. Even Pezzetta showing some potential for NHL career. Tuch has way more tools and could be that playoff style physical player that teams covet. Maybe a Brandon Tanev type.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Luke Tuch is back for his 4th year - means at the end he is an FA. Not a huge loss if that is the case.

yes but he can also opt to return for his 5th year, the covid rule. We'll see what he wants to do, most of the time they sign with their NHL team but perhaps he'll want to sign with his brothers organization. Or maybe he sees we don't have a lot of size up front long term and sees if he can get his game on track perhaps he can be more then what he's shown so far.

The lack of progress is very concerning and he reminds me a bit of McCarron in that I don't think he knows what he wants to be as a hockey player. He was known for his physical game and being nasty to play against, but now he wants to be a scoring forward and says it takes too much energy to crash and bang so much.

So now you see it in his play, some games he's more physical, others not much. I wonder if that is a problem for him, maybe thinking too much and not just reacting. I don't know of course just wild speculating as I have seen a ton of him. He shows flashes but they are more rare and you really have to wonder what his role will be if he doesn't figure it out first.

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
I really hope Tuch signs with our Habs in the near future.
I can picture Tuch and Struble making our Habs hard to play against in playoffs...I just hope (like "montreal" mentioned in above post) that Tuch figures it out (maybe a future energy guy with a bit of a scoring touch here and there).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
yes but he can also opt to return for his 5th year, the covid rule. We'll see what he wants to do, most of the time they sign with their NHL team but perhaps he'll want to sign with his brothers organization. Or maybe he sees we don't have a lot of size up front long term and sees if he can get his game on track perhaps he can be more then what he's shown so far.

The lack of progress is very concerning and he reminds me a bit of McCarron in that I don't think he knows what he wants to be as a hockey player. He was known for his physical game and being nasty to play against, but now he wants to be a scoring forward and says it takes too much energy to crash and bang so much.

So now you see it in his play, some games he's more physical, others not much. I wonder if that is a problem for him, maybe thinking too much and not just reacting. I don't know of course just wild speculating as I have seen a ton of him. He shows flashes but they are more rare and you really have to wonder what his role will be if he doesn't figure it out first.
I just hope he's not deadset on trying to play like his brother. He really doesn't have the skating for that, he'd be much better off doing his own thing. His best fit as a pro is in a bottom six role, he should focus on that IMO.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It always was going to be a long shot for him to develop an effective offensive game. Kid seemed to have McCarron numbers and profile on draft day. At least we didn't spend a first lol.

Hopefully, he can be Pezz's replacement in the future
Oh sure but his freshman season production was a nice surprise. Just too bad he hasn’t built on it

Reactions: Saku1194

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What was Tuck’s role on BU? You see it quite often when a player is assigned to be a shit down or energy guy and their numbers plummet but the team excels. Look at Brady Tkachuk year before he was drafted. 8 goals and most thought he would never be able to produce in the nhl.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I honestly don't care if he can pot 5 goals per 82 reg season games. If he can skate, hit, play some pk and provide responsible play with an edge, he's welcome on my 4th line.
ok, but we can find a player like that on the waiver wire or free agency or the trade market at a low cost (Prust, Weise, Martinsen, etc..)

Last edited:
Reactions: Walksss

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What was Tuck’s role on BU? You see it quite often when a player is assigned to be a shit down or energy guy and their numbers plummet but the team excels. Look at Brady Tkachuk year before he was drafted. 8 goals and most thought he would never be able to produce in the nhl.
At draft Tuch was projected to be a 3rd liner w power & grit. He doesn’t have the pace or finish of his brother but is way more physical.

G, A and Pts are not a good measure of his game

Reactions: Sterling Archer

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Be miracle!
Trade down from 5 to 13 acquire Tuch? Draft Reinbacher? Doubt many be disappointed. Florida first and Dvorak for Dubois. Add those 3 this off season most be happy
Why would management do that? Those players aren’t good enough to compete for the cup, probably just makes us bubble team at best. That trade just means more mediocrity and no real direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad