Rumor: Luke Schenn's agent tweets out a list as to why Schenn would be a perfect deadline acquisition- Has Canucks already told him Schenn is getting traded?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If we build our team around EP and QH while discarding BH and LS we will be garbage forever and both those guys will bolt at the first opportunity. It will prolong any real rebuild by years...
If we continue to build the way we have for the last 8 years, which is what your suggesting, we'll continue to be garbage, but if we trade Bo and Luke ( along with other players) and get value, (which likely means draft picks), and find ways to shed some of the awful contracts, we can build an actual contender, doing it your way, we live in mediocrity.

If we explain to EP and QH, that we are rebuilding around them, then maybe they both stay the course, if we continue to do what we have done for years, by leaving a prospect pool (that is already amongst the worst in the league), and not adding to it, we will be garbage forever as you say.

So really what's the better option here?

Pretty sure it's not keeping guys around that are older and still have value, not spending to the cap and building properly. We've been garbage for 8 years, shouldn't we all be sick of it by now?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
If we continue to build the way we have for the last 8 years, which is what your suggesting, we'll continue to be garbage, but if we trade Bo and Luke ( along with other players) and get value, (which likely means draft picks), and find ways to shed some of the awful contracts, we can build an actual contender, doing it your way, we live in mediocrity.

If we explain to EP and QH, that we are rebuilding around them, then maybe they both stay the course, if we continue to do what we have done for years, by leaving a prospect pool (that is already amongst the worst in the league), and not adding to it, we will be garbage forever as you say.

So really what's the better option here?

Pretty sure it's not keeping guys around that are older and still have value, not spending to the cap and building properly. We've been garbage for 8 years, shouldn't we all be sick of it by now?

Coddling and grovelling to your reluctant star players is hardly the way to build a winning team. Keeping Schenn and Bo sets the tone for the type of character you want the team to have. Lose the rockstars and get many picks for them and start all over again with an emphasis on character and on guys who you are sure really want to play in Vancouver. We have too many players who want to win but only if the team takes them there; I want guys who want to be the difference, not a bunch of passengers. We don't need more guys like, say, Kesler who aren't winners and demand trades when it suits them. You really think Miller is going to win us anything? Boeser? Demko? Hughes?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Coddling and grovelling to your reluctant star players is hardly the way to build a winning team. Keeping Schenn and Bo sets the tone for the type of character you want the team to have. Lose the rockstars and get many picks for them and start all over again with an emphasis on character and on guys who you are sure really want to play in Vancouver. We have too many players who want to win but only if the team takes them there; I want guys who want to be the difference, not a bunch of passengers. We don't need more guys like, say, Kesler who aren't winners and demand trades when it suits them. You really think Miller is going to win us anything? Boeser? Demko? Hughes?

When did I say coddling and grovelling? Those two players are building blocks, still young and still haven't hit their primes. You explain your plan, they hopefully buy in, this happens all the time with Stanley cup winners, it's how you build. The Lightning and Av's being the most recent examples of this.

Horvat won't be on this team by the time they are good, Schenn might not even be in the league, right now both have value, right now we have an empty prospect pool, time to get some value and rebuild properly.

Kesler? You mean the same Kesler who single handedly won us a playoff series? The Kesler who played an entire stanley cup final with an injury and played thorough it, not complaining, but using it as motivation?

Yah we don't need more players like that...........

No I think we should have traded Miller last year, I hope we trade Boeser and possibly even Demko, Hughes and Petey are the future. The way it should be, the way you win.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So let me get this straight...you want to trade the Canucks best young players and keep old man schenn and others in the hopes of winning the cup? And where do you get your so called "character players" that want to win? From the "character player" tree? And how long will it take and how will you get them? And how old will schenn and Bo Horvat be? You really seem delusional if you think the best course of action is to trade the young players and stick with the old ones. Unless you are trading Pettersson for magic beans and hoping those magic beans to become another Pettersson because once you trade Petey and Hughes you will whine afterwards about how Canucks lack a skill player or a superstar. Seriously just keep the delusions to yourself since your imagination fails in every aspect of the hockey business and reality.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
So let me get this straight...you want to trade the Canucks best young players and keep old man schenn and others in the hopes of winning the cup? And where do you get your so called "character players" that want to win? From the "character player" tree? And how long will it take and how will you get them? And how old will schenn and Bo Horvat be? You really seem delusional if you think the best course of action is to trade the young players and stick with the old ones. Unless you are trading Pettersson for magic beans and hoping those magic beans to become another Pettersson because once you trade Petey and Hughes you will whine afterwards about how Canucks lack a skill player or a superstar. Seriously just keep the delusions to yourself since your imagination fails in every aspect of the hockey business and reality.

This team needs a complete rebuild. Keep the guys who you want to form the team's mentality in the future, trade the divas for lots of picks and start all over again. Draft wisely...

When did I say coddling and grovelling? Those two players are building blocks, still young and still haven't hit their primes. You explain your plan, they hopefully buy in, this happens all the time with Stanley cup winners, it's how you build. The Lightning and Av's being the most recent examples of this.

Horvat won't be on this team by the time they are good, Schenn might not even be in the league, right now both have value, right now we have an empty prospect pool, time to get some value and rebuild properly.

Kesler? You mean the same Kesler who single handedly won us a playoff series? The Kesler who played an entire stanley cup final with an injury and played thorough it, not complaining, but using it as motivation?

Yah we don't need more players like that...........

No I think we should have traded Miller last year, I hope we trade Boeser and possibly even Demko, Hughes and Petey are the future. The way it should be, the way you win.

Kesler was a poisonous cancer on this team. Miller is the new Kesler. You don't win with these kind of guys. Not if they are the main players...

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
This team needs a complete rebuild. Keep the guys who you want to form the team's mentality in the future, trade the divas for lots of picks and start all over again. Draft wisely...

Kesler was a poisonous cancer on this team. Miller is the new Kesler. You don't win with these kind of guys. Not if they are the main players...

His teammates absolutely loved him, thats not a cancer, he hated the media and just because you didn't like him didn't mean he was a supposed "poisonous cancer" he was one of the best two way centres in the league, won a selke trophy, scored 40 goals, and Miller is absolutely not the "new Kesler", just saying that shows how little you know here, that Kesler got us to game 7 of the stanley cup, again he was a f***ing beast when we needed him the most, my word you have a selective memory.

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

What divas are you talking about? Petey and Hughes are divas now? I don't get your point? You seem to think it's elreally easy to get character players that can win cups. You might end up like Arizona and never sniff playoffs for another 10 years and even when you get there, it's no guarantee. Am tired of rebuilding for eternity and Aqua man won't even allow it. Best thing to do is give a chance to the young core to do something. Remember that rebuilding will also have growing pains and I bet you will whine about the next young players we draft and want to rebuild again. Avs won a cup through smart trades aside from drafting smart and getting lucky in some of their draft years. Some teams haven't won a cup for 50 years so it's not easy and you need luck. Trading some of the players we got lucky to draft is really dumb in my opinion.

Also Kesler was not a cancer and was instrumental in Canucks going to the finals in only the 3rd time in their 50 year history. But I guess you forget what he achieved in Vancouver like a typical unappreciative Canuck fan. Kesler is also the character guy that you keep blabbering about and saying how we don't have more of them.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
His teammates absolutely loved him, thats not a cancer, he hated the media and just because you didn't like him didn't mean he was a supposed "poisonous cancer" he was one of the best two way centres in the league, won a selke trophy, scored 40 goals, and Miller is absolutely not the "new Kesler", just saying that shows how little you know here, that Kesler got us to game 7 of the stanley cup, again he was a f***ing beast when we needed him the most, my word you have a selective memory.
He is so wrong on so many things that am not sure if he is a troll or is just creating sarcastic posts to mock Canucks. Next he will say Linden was a cancer and Bure was a scrub. He should just quit posting gibberish regarding Canucks.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
What divas are you talking about? Petey and Hughes are divas now? I don't get your point? You seem to think it's elreally easy to get character players that can win cups. You might end up like Arizona and never sniff playoffs for another 10 years and even when you get there, it's no guarantee. Am tired of rebuilding for eternity and Aqua man won't even allow it. Best thing to do is give a chance to the young core to do something. Remember that rebuilding will also have growing pains and I bet you will whine about the next young players we draft and want to rebuild again. Avs won a cup through smart trades aside from drafting smart and getting lucky in some of their draft years. Some teams haven't won a cup for 50 years so it's not easy and you need luck. Trading some of the players we got lucky to draft is really dumb in my opinion.

Also Kesler was not a cancer and was instrumental in Canucks going to the finals in only the 3rd time in their 50 year history. But I guess you forget what he achieved in Vancouver like a typical unappreciative Canuck fan. Kesler is also the character guy that you keep blabbering about and saying how we don't have more of them.

It seems that you and I have very different ideas of what constitutes "character".

He is so wrong on so many things that am not sure if he is a troll or is just creating sarcastic posts to mock Canucks. Next he will say Linden was a cancer and Bure was a scrub. He should just quit posting gibberish regarding Canucks.

Absolutely loved Linden and wish he could put together a group to buy this sorry franchise. Far too many people here hate him.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The problem is people keep using last year as a precedent, while ignoring that last years draft was one of the weakest in a long time.

There is much more value to 1st round picks this year, I don't think either Schenn or Edmundson get a 1st this year, just because of that.
In fairness I think 7 1sts were exchanged in the 2015 draft which was pretty deep. including EDM trading their other 1st(Barzal) for G. Reinhart 😂

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
He has been forsure.

Watch him and maybe you’ll see why…he’s been a top 4 dman the past two seasons on the Canucks and played a key role for Tampa in their cups.

Top four. And look how the team is doing, especially on D.

It’s like saying I could race in formula 1 because I drive to work every day. I’m driving, and it’s a car, but am I really doing it well?

Schenn is a solid depth piece on a competitive team; not top 4

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Top four. And look how the team is doing, especially on D.

It’s like saying I could race in formula 1 because I drive to work every day. I’m driving, and it’s a car, but am I really doing it well?

Schenn is a solid depth piece on a competitive team; not top 4
Lmao. Schenn in the top 4 is nowhere near the problem

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It seems that you and I have very different ideas of what constitutes "character".

Absolutely loved Linden and wish he could put together a group to buy this sorry franchise. Far too many people here hate him.
Far too many people, again WTF are you talking about, the only person who doesn't like him is our POS owner.

Linden is beloved here, always will be.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
This is the same bs conversation that was had regarding Pearson before they signed him to a 3 year deal. He was serviceable and they could have picked up an asset for him. Instead, they signed the aging forward long term. Pearson has been terrible since and there’s no team taking that contract.

How a shitty team for 10 years thinks getting an asset wouldn’t be an obvious decision screams a meddling owner.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Kinda odd, Has the Canucks already informed Schenn and his agent that he will be moved. Agent seems to be angling for a cup contender to trade for him to raise his value on new contract in off-season.

why tweet this and say " perfect deadline acquisition"

I love Schenn but top 4 quality play is an exaggeration. He’s a good #5 or a bad #4

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wth are you talking about? He's been a plus player in a top4 role for some time now. And we suck at supporting our D with decent wing and C support unless Pettersson is on the ice.

I never thought much of the signing and thought he was probably almost done but boy was I wrong. All time hits leader now and enjoying a renaissance. He might be ideal as a supporting 3rd pair piece but he's certainly been much more than that and should be valued accordingly. Time to accept how good he's been if you think otherwise.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This actually isn't as eggriegious as I was expecting with the article being promoted.

Just a new age trend with agents imo. Allan Walsh & Dan Millstein tweet positive stuff about their guys too. It is interesting to see though.

Walsh is annoying with it tho. Used to have him on Twitter years ago and he got made annoying real quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad