Rumor: Luke Schenn's agent tweets out a list as to why Schenn would be a perfect deadline acquisition- Has Canucks already told him Schenn is getting traded?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
in what world is Benn a Schenn equivalent?? Benn was not good enough in a bottom pairing role for the canucks nor the wild the last 3 years, he may have an occasional adeqate game, whereas Schenn is a consistent as they come.

Basing it off what we have seen in a leafs uniform. Before he got hurt he was playing on the top pair with Rielly after Brodie went down and didn't look out of place. Plays the same style of physicality but I think more offense to his game. I don't think Schenn is an upgrade on him worth a 2nd and maybe more

Not saying he is anything special but neither is Schenn, it's just the TDL sales pitches we get every year where every seller has the guy who makes your team a cup winner.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I really don’t understand the point of a tweet like that? Who’s he campaigning too? Are there actually GM’s out there that will read his tweet and say “Hey, this Luke Schenn guy sounds like a great fit!”
Promoting to journalists/insiders that will ask GMs and other staff about Schenn and keep him top of mind.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Smart move. Getting a team to give up a lot to get him will also likely net his client a better contract when this one is up.

A first is a lot but if it’s a late first, I guess it’s not that bad. He’s a rock solid #5-6 D.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
He’s very much improved his game and why he is sought and thought of. I’ve been pumping his tires as a grab the Oilers would do well to take.
if youre expecting luke schenn to fix the oilers defense i think youre gonna be dissapointed

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Basing it off what we have seen in a leafs uniform. Before he got hurt he was playing on the top pair with Rielly after Brodie went down and didn't look out of place. Plays the same style of physicality but I think more offense to his game. I don't think Schenn is an upgrade on him worth a 2nd and maybe more

Not saying he is anything special but neither is Schenn, it's just the TDL sales pitches we get every year where every seller has the guy who makes your team a cup winner.
lol good luck expecting whatever you see from a journeyman 35 year old's 6 game stretch and banking on it for the playoff run.

to be fair, an average leaf playoff run is about 6 games. so ...maybe you're right.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
2023 2nd and the best late round pick offered to seal the deal. We probably get 3 or 4 teams offering that 2nd.

Reactions: BCNate

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
still dont know how hes still in the league let alone being sought after. was slow as molasses when i watched him and that was 8 years ago when he was on the kings.
Maybe it is you that does not have a grip on what he does now..................

On the tire fire Canucks he is a +8, playing with Hughes that is even. He plays a very simple game, is not out of position a lot, and is a team man, with a great right fist...........and at the TDL, very cheap (as in about $150,000 if 50% retained) (which the Canucks should do automatically, IMO.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I would take him back in TB if the price was right. Would love to have him back on the bottom-pairing. Good guy to have on your team.

Not going anywhere close to a 1st though.
Would start with Cal Foote

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Has Cal fallen that hard? He used to look like a lock for future top 4.
I'm a little harder on him than most, but not many people are overly high on him now. I don't think anybody believes his value is a 1st anymore. I think he's gonna be an okay bottom-pairing guy, and there's still some potential to be more. He has good offensive tools, good defensive instincts, but man... the wheels just never developed. At all. He can't make use of his other skills because he just doesn't have the mobility. And, keep in mind, TB has a reputation for improving guys's skating. It just didn't happen with him.

I wouldn't add much to him for Schenn. Basically I'd be willing to trade a long-term bottom-pairing guy with upside for a short-term, stable, bottom-pairing guy.

I think there's probably a belief that Foote is worth more because of his age, and he probably is, in a vacuum. But I think Schenn would make us a better team, honestly.

Reactions: byrath

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Promoting to journalists/insiders that will ask GMs and other staff about Schenn and keep him top of mind.
I guess I just like to think that NHL management groups don’t need journalists to remind them of what players may be available but that other poster did point out that Jim Benning led an NHL franchise for nearly a decade so my expectations are obviously too high.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
in what world is Benn a Schenn equivalent?? Benn was not good enough in a bottom pairing role for the canucks nor the wild the last 3 years, he may have an occasional adeqate game, whereas Schenn is a consistent as they come, not to mention the ability to cover for a guy like Reilly.

We have no need to play Schenn in a top pairing role lol, Benn is more than adequate playing 12 minutes a night when we need a big body for a specific matchup. Neither of them should be playing regular minutes when we're healthy.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
We have no need to play Schenn in a top pairing role lol, Benn is more than adequate playing 12 minutes a night when we need a big body for a specific matchup. Neither of them should be playing regular minutes when we're healthy.
uhh... thats precisely the context of my post.
For a bottom pairing role.
Which Benn proved to be inadequate for.
For two pedestrian teams.
When he plays more than 6 games.
The fact that Schenn CAN play top pairing minutes as a bonus is exactly why the ask is a high pick, you know injuries in playoffs?

Reactions: zcaptain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad