Rumor: Luke Schenn's agent tweets out a list as to why Schenn would be a perfect deadline acquisition- Has Canucks already told him Schenn is getting traded?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He’s going to get a 1st there is no doubt about it. You can fit him on any team with his $850k salary. He’s going to probably get more on top of the first and will be resigning in Vancouver. I’ll eat crow if it doesn’t happen, but it will.
with edmundson and schenn fetching firsts, the likes of kane, horvat etc. will have to go for lower prices at the deadline. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Isles72

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
late first and a prospect for schenn. highly unlikely unless some team or gm decides sure hes worth it. Montreal received a first-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft, a fourth-round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft, and unsigned forward prospect Ty Smilanic for Chiarot. similar valuewise? maybe a 2nd + decent prospect

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
You're comparing a RHD to a winger? Not even in the same realm of value in the NHL.
Quality of player is more important than position. Luke Schenn isn't worth a 1st. He averages 17 minutes per game for a team that struggles defensively. He's smart and tough but he can't move. Wouldn't be anything more than a #6 on a respectable corps of defencemen.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Quality of player is more important than position. Luke Schenn isn't worth a 1st. He averages 17 minutes per game for a team that struggles defensively. He's smart and tough but he can't move. Wouldn't be anything more than a #6 on a respectable corps of defencemen.
I never said Schenn was worth a 1st. But he's definitely worth more than the 4th that Motte brought in.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
As for his agent's tweet: This is a bad car salesman's technique. Why do you need to broadcast this to the world? I hate when agents make it about themselves with public garbage like this.

As for Schenn at the deadline: I've wanted to see him back with Toronto for a few years now. Hope it eventually happens. He would be a good pickup for any team, assuming the price is a 2nd rounder tops.

As for twitter: Are there people still using that app?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Chiarot played 21-23 minutes with Montreal per season before the trade to Florida.

Manson played 19-22 minutes with Anaheim before being traded to Colorado.

Schenn is playing 17 minutes for Vancouver after playing 10-12 minutes per game for Tampa during their Cup runs.

In summary: No Schenn doesn’t have similar value. Chiarot and Manson were valued as second pairing top 4 Dmen when traded. Schenn is still valued as a third pairing bottom 6 Dman today.
Part of that is also us spending about 3 more minutes per game on the PP than PK. at 5v5 he would probably see 1.5-2 more minutes of 5v5 play if we weren't. Part of it is also that Myers seems to somehow manage to see a lot of 1m+ shifts. Schenn doesn't get on until Myers gets off.

As for his agent's tweet: This is a bad car salesman's technique. Why do you need to broadcast this to the world? I hate when agents make it about themselves with public garbage like this.

As for Schenn at the deadline: I've wanted to see him back with Toronto for a few years now. Hope it eventually happens. He would be a good pickup for any team, assuming the price is a 2nd rounder tops.

As for twitter: Are there people still using that app?
It will take a while for it to fully die and something to replace it.

Reactions: Legion34

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If Schenn and Edmundson are worth 1sts this year then wtf are Gavrikov, Chychrun, and Gostisbehere going to get?
Nevermind what P. Kane, Horvat, Monahan, Tarasenko, and Meier will fetch

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I never said Schenn was worth a 1st. But he's definitely worth more than the 4th that Motte brought in.
And I never said that Schenn would be worth exactly the same as Motte. But the premise of the article-- which I think is based on flawed reasoning and fanciful comparisons-- is that the return should be at least a 1st, maybe more, so that's what people are talking about. That's even more than what most people speculated for Motte; the optimists were topping out at a 1st for him. I thought a 3rd or 4th for Motte and I'm thinking a 2nd or 3rd for Schenn.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
And I never said that Schenn would be worth exactly the same as Motte. But the premise of the article-- which I think is based on flawed reasoning and fanciful comparisons-- is that the return should be at least a 1st, maybe more, so that's what people are talking about. That's even more than what most people speculated for Motte; the optimists were topping out at a 1st for him. I thought a 3rd or 4th for Motte and I'm thinking a 2nd or 3rd for Schenn.
A 2nd + 4th isn't out if the realm of possibility if there's a bidding war.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
His agent forgot one important point about Schenn:

- Always looking for better teammates.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I really don’t understand the point of a tweet like that? Who’s he campaigning too? Are there actually GM’s out there that will read his tweet and say “Hey, this Luke Schenn guy sounds like a great fit!”
He’s campaigning to other players who employee agents and may want to employee him since he fluffs his clients so much even though it’s pointless.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
in what world is Benn a Schenn equivalent?? Benn was not good enough in a bottom pairing role for the canucks nor the wild the last 3 years, he may have an occasional adeqate game, whereas Schenn is a consistent as they come, not to mention the ability to cover for a guy like Reilly.
We had him in Winnipeg for a short while as well and he was pretty much just a Band-Aid back then.

Obviously he’s going to the leafs at the deadline along with Kane , Boeser, horvat, chykrun, etc.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Man being a Canuck fan is tough sometimes. The two players on the team that I would keep and build a whole new culture around are both in the blocks ready to be sent elsewhere. I can't wait to see the mess we have in 5 years...

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If Schenn and Edmundson are worth 1sts this year then wtf are Gavrikov, Chychrun, and Gostisbehere going to get?
Nevermind what P. Kane, Horvat, Monahan, Tarasenko, and Meier will fetch

The problem is people keep using last year as a precedent, while ignoring that last years draft was one of the weakest in a long time.

There is much more value to 1st round picks this year, I don't think either Schenn or Edmundson get a 1st this year, just because of that.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Man being a Canuck fan is tough sometimes. The two players on the team that I would keep and build a whole new culture around are both in the blocks ready to be sent elsewhere. I can't wait to see the mess we have in 5 years...

Your not building a team around a 28 year old and a 33 year old. This team as its constructed is a mediocre (at best) dumpster fire, that's why If anything, we trade them (along with Boeser, Garland, etc.) and hope to build around EP and QH.

I love both players but if we somehow get our shit together and actually trade them for value, rather than re-signing to bloated contracts (this is more about Horvat then Schenn obviously) the you jump at the chance.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Your not building a team around a 28 year old and a 33 year old. This team as its constructed is a mediocre (at best) dumpster fire, that's why If anything, we trade them (along with Boeser, Garland, etc.) and hope to build around EP and QH.

I love both players but if we somehow get our shit together and actually trade them for value, rather than re-signing to bloated contracts (this is more about Horvat then Schenn obviously) the you jump at the chance.
Agreed. EP and Hughes are both young enough to build around and still be in prime years down the road. Hope EP has he stomach to stick around for it

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

If we build our team around EP and QH while discarding BH and LS we will be garbage forever and both those guys will bolt at the first opportunity. It will prolong any real rebuild by years...

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad