OT: Luke Schenn

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Anyone been watching some of the Philly games? How has Luke looked? (I'm not gonna go post over there)

Cuz Van R looks dynamite.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
still wish we had luke for the upcoming boston game. could use somebody like him on d.

JVR has been fantastic lately tho.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He's looked better, his skating has improved drastically and he looks more like the Luke from 2010-2011. He dropped weight which is a good thing.

I loved Luke and will always be a fan, great guy and a class act. Still miss him but JvR is a great player so it makes his departure easier to swallow.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I felt real good about this trade when it happened. I feel even better now.

I LOVE that we were able to turn a defensive defenceman into a big body forward with solid potential. I couldn't have foreseen that happening.

RogerRoeper*

According to the Philly posters, Schenn has been great for them. Seems like a win-win trade so far.

It seems like the exact same thing. Philly had did not like what they saw after 2 games from Luke, but he improved. JVR had 2 mediocre games and then has taken off since.

I only care about what JVR does for the Leafs. I don't hope for Luke to fail. I always defended him on here.

We got a guy who was only 23 and was also a #2 overall pick for him. Can't complain at all.

Apr 1, 2010
I'm happy they're happy, but I think we robbed them blind.

Other than that one year in the playoffs did they ever give this guy a chance?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
still wish we had luke for the upcoming boston game. could use somebody like him on d.

JVR has been fantastic lately tho.

I think Fraser is doing a fine job, plus he can actually fight. Fraser always seems to make the safe, smart play and doesn't look nervous with the puck. Schenn treated the puck like a grenade last season.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
^I think Fraser has been pretty bad... Handles the puck like a grenade.

I can't think of one glaring mistake he's made this season, can you? Can't say that for the rest of the Leafs defensemen. Sure he doesn't play big minutes, but he also isn't a liability when on the ice.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I saw one game and thought he looked solid, probably their best D that game. They ended up losing though.

Trade seems like a win-win so far. I think Luke will be solid for them.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I know this means squat, game against Florida Schenn had 1g, 1a, 11 hits.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I can't think of one glaring mistake he's made this season, can you? Can't say that for the rest of the Leafs defensemen. Sure he doesn't play big minutes, but he also isn't a liability when on the ice.
While I haven't particularly minded his play, he was a huge part of the breakdown that led to the first Washington goal.

I always liked Schenn while he was here, and I wish him all the success in the world. I wasn't really sure how I felt after the trade but JVR has very quickly made me a fan. He's a big strong forward who works the dirty areas and has a fantastic shot when we see it, kinda like Kulemin. I'm happy that this trade worked out for both teams and I will always be a fan of Schenn.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I only watched the first Philly game and he looked about as bad as he did last year for the Leafs. Apparently he's looked better since then, who knows. Does it really matter how he plays for them? He was traded because of how he played for us. What matters now is how JVR plays and so far, so good.

Schenn can throw 20 hits every game but if he's too slow to do much else and handles the puck like it might bite him when he's under pressure. IMO over the years his composure will probably improve but I don't see his skating ever being much good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad