OT: Luke Schenn

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Don't know if he is making quite a "difference", but would Karl Alzner be considered? I believe he went #5 to Washington.

yes that would count for sure. I've made a list of defensemen or defensive defensemen that have gone in the top 5 in the past, and it's surprisingly more than just a few.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Don't know if he is making quite a "difference", but would Karl Alzner be considered? I believe he went #5 to Washington.

Only if you think drafting ok second liners with a top5 pick is a good thing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Not this year.

Other defensive defensemen drafted in the top 10 over the past 15 years include Brad Ference, Bryan Allen, Vitali Vishnevsky, Branislav Mezei, Mike Komisarek, Boris Valabik, Keaton Ellerby, Dylan McIlrath, and maybe Jared Cowen and Eric Brewer if you want to stretch the definition.

Makes you wonder why they even bother.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not this year.

Other defensive defensemen drafted in the top 10 over the past 15 years include Brad Ference, Bryan Allen, Vitali Vishnevsky, Branislav Mezei, Mike Komisarek, Boris Valabik, Keaton Ellerby, Dylan McIlrath, and maybe Jared Cowen and Eric Brewer if you want to stretch the definition.

Makes you wonder why they even bother.

Jared Cowen is terrible. I don't know why Sens fans hype him up.

He has no idea what he's doing in his own zone at all, not to mention injury prone.

Drafting defensive D's in the first round is just really stupid. I liked the Luke Schenn when we drafted him considering I wanted Filatov instead.

Early in the draft...go big or go home. I don't know why we couldn't draft Erik Karlsson...:(.

Jeff Skinner wasn't projected to go so high, Carolina took a risk and it paid off big. When you don't take risks you don't get rewards.

I'm just glad we found a way to turn Schenn into JvR.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Jared Cowen is terrible. I don't know why Sens fans hype him up.

He has no idea what he's doing in his own zone at all, not to mention injury prone.

Drafting defensive D's in the first round is just really stupid. I liked the Luke Schenn when we drafted him considering I wanted Filatov instead.

Early in the draft...go big or go home. I don't know why we couldn't draft Erik Karlsson...:(.

Jeff Skinner wasn't projected to go so high, Carolina took a risk and it paid off big. When you don't take risks you don't get rewards.

I'm just glad we found a way to turn Schenn into JvR.

What do you mean? Just about every mock draft I saw had Skinner going in the top 12 that year. It wasn't a reach at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad