Luke Schenn

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I have seen 3 Flyers games so far and I can safely say that Luke Schenn's footspeed this year is miles better than his last season with Toronto.

He worked hard in the offseason and the lockout, this is evident. That being said, the trend for Schenn in the NHL has been: Good year, bad year, good year, bad year

I hope he does well for you guys

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
He worked hard in the offseason and the lockout, this is evident. That being said, the trend for Schenn in the NHL has been: Good year, bad year, good year, bad year

I hope he does well for you guys

Sounds like young Coburn. At some point things just clicked for him, so hopefully that's Schenn down the road.

Pronger wandering around can't hurt either, and I'm also sure the organization told Schenn to slim down/play at a lighter weight to keep up with Lavi's system.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Pronger wandering around can't hurt either, and I'm also sure the organization told Schenn to slim down/play at a lighter weight to keep up with Lavi's system.

Speaking of which.... is Pronger still around the team or did he return home after camp ended? I know he has done talent evaluation and such over the past year, but is the intention for him to be involved in a more active way with the team (like Lappy was) or just to have him come in on occasion for some training.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Sounds like young Coburn. At some point things just clicked for him, so hopefully that's Schenn down the road.

Schenn's still listed as 229 pounds. I'd like to see a report on what he really weighs because he doesn't look 229 pounds. He looks like he's around the 215 pound mark. But yes, he's really starting to get it. As others have mentioned (myself included), he's finally allowing the game to come to him instead of him chasing the play. He's become more effective in not taking himself out of position to make a big hit. He'd rather make the smart defensive play now and you're seeing a maturation in his thinking process. Loving the job the Flyers coaching staff and Pronger have done in helping Schenn.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
So speaking of Schenn, I just read on the boards that during the lockout a rumor was floating around he'd play in South Korea, but that he only wanted to play until January, which the teams over there weren't too fond of :) Didn't see this posted here, so since I found it interesting I figured I'd share. I wonder how much there was behind that, though. I find it unlikely, but not impossible by any stretch of imagination.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Playing with kimmo will help him alot. He's physical, blocks shots, good defensive dman.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
He'll get almost two seasons with Kimmo. Hopefully, that will be enough to sponge some additional hockey IQ.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I'm impressed with Luke. He seems to hurt players when he hits them and his flaws everyone was talking about have not been a problem so far. I gotta say with him Grossman and Coburn this D can be pretty intimidating to most teams.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just wanted to stop in this thread real quick and say that Luke was amazing today. Pretty much all year he has been good to very good, but today was one of his best games.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I feel like after every game this year we have been saying it's his best of the year so far. The kid is playing lights out right now. Also logged 24:50 today, which led the Flyers. Lavy is really playing him, which has to help with his confidence.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's playing well. Just wish he didn't handle the puck like he has wrist weights on though. He makes Grossmann look like Erik Karlsson at times.

FlyingHigh28*

Today was an extremely impressive game from both Schenns. But even though Luke wasn't on the score board, he impressed me more. Both Staal brothers wanted no part of going in on the forecheck against Luke by the 3rd period. It was fun to watch :laugh:

Not sure we've had a more physical / intimidating presence than Schenn on the team since Lindros left...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Today was an extremely impressive game from both Schenns. But even though Luke wasn't on the score board, he impressed me more. Both Staal brothers wanted no part of going in on the forecheck against Luke by the 3rd period. It was fun to watch :laugh:

Not sure we've had a more physical / intimidating presence than Schenn on the team since Lindros left...

13122.JPG

GarretWillhelmThe3rd

Sep 16, 2009
South Jersey
That is one thing I've really noticed the last few games... he makes some very nice transition passes (Carle-esque, imo).

Is he turning into a legit top pairing dman before our eyes?

I think so, other than a few mistakes here and there (which i have not noticed in the last 3-4 games) he is so solid. The pairing of him and Timonen actually provide a calm on defense, something i feel we havent had since Pronger got hurt.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Remind me never to listen to the radio about hockey again, I slip every once and a while. They're burying Luke Schenn. Umm, he's been our best defenseman so far IMO.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Remind me never to listen to the radio about hockey again, I slip every once and a while. They're burying Luke Schenn. Umm, he's been our best defenseman so far IMO.

975 im guessing and they're prob notching about his lack of points lol they know absolutely nothing about hockey and I hate when they talk about it.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers

I also got a kick out of the guy saying the NHL draft is a joke so they should just throw a huge offer sheet to Ryan O'Reilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad