Luke Schenn

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's been solid. Has a few brain farts, but everyone else is screwing up more so it's not really an issue. I wish he didn't take about 15 minutes to get a shot off, he had an opportunity for a one timer that became a regular shot against a prepared goalie. He just held it forever.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Side note but defense related, someone tried to convince me last night that the Predators would trade Shea Weber next year for a package centered around Matt Read and... Tye McGinn? I had to bite my tongue.

FlyerX

Oct 9, 2008
I don't think we'll really to be able to judge Schenn's game properly until after we see what we get when we trade him.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
His skating, even without a real training camp, is vastly better than I expected. His offensive abilities seem to mirror more of what I expected versus what his stats last year would have suggested. If this is the starting point and there's room to grow, I will be extremely pleased with this trade.

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
I honestly think Schenn has been our best dman over the course of the first 4 games (and maybe even in each of the 4 individually). I like his positioning (thus far). I like his physicallity. Heck, I even like his little 30 degree slap shot that he does which seems a bit harder than a normal wrister, but with the same effect.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I also think he had another good game last night, but I just wish he improved on his passing. I remember quite a few of his passes being either inaccurate or intercepted, but maybe they also just stood out more because he played well otherwise.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'm liking what I've seen from Schenn so far. He's taking the advice of Pronger and Timonen and is playing just a safe game and letting the game come to him. Instead of chasing all the time for the big hit, he's allowing the game to come to him so he can lower the boom without being out of position. He's getting it and the more he listens to what they're telling him, you can see that he's becoming more and more comfortable and more and more confident in his game.

Kevin McCarthy and John Paddock have done a real good job as well coaching Schenn and that should be mentioned as well.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
I'm liking what I've seen so far and think he will only get better. He was pinching in last night perfectly and though he missed on some, he had some crisp dead-on passes. I can't wait till he feels comfortable enough to shoot quicker, he seems a little hesitant. I'm happy with his play thoughand he's just 23.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I also think he had another good game last night, but I just wish he improved on his passing. I remember quite a few of his passes being either inaccurate or intercepted, but maybe they also just stood out more because he played well otherwise.

If it wasn't for how great Grossmann played last night, Luke would've been a star. Really solid hits, moving his feet and the puck. His passing's been good too. A couple times he made the smart, safe play to make sure and missed his man. I'll take that anytime. If he keeps playing like this, he will be an important part of this team for a long time.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Schenn has been good the past two games. I think he'll have a good season for us

Seriously glad to hear. Usually when a team trades a player you almost want to see them fail, but in Luke's case I hope he rips it up for you guys. I really liked him in TO and sadly he was misused (among many others) by Ron Wilson.

I hope you guys play Pittsburgh again this year with Schenn on D. I loved that series last year.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
If it wasn't for how great Grossmann played last night, Luke would've been a star. Really solid hits, moving his feet and the puck. His passing's been good too. A couple times he made the smart, safe play to make sure and missed his man. I'll take that anytime. If he keeps playing like this, he will be an important part of this team for a long time.

Luke seems to be playing the game the smart way. No panic just letting the game come to him. He looks in much better shape than the past and he has that snarl in his game I like. Shame about Mez cause I thought our top five defensemen were pretty good as a unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad