Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I'd say Schenn is an ideal trade for Buffalo. Brings leadership to a young blue line. Legit top 4 guy as well. You have 3 2nd's, so send us the VGK one.

no, he's not.... unless you're attempting to mold the team after the canucks

.... he can fill in admirably i imagine, and as such, is a good depth piece for a play-off team, but by no means is the role a player plays on a losing team the same as a winning team ( y u think they losin' ??)

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
So is Motte, even moreso. In my mind, a 4th line pker is much less valuable then a pk killing 6/7 RD.

IDK Schenn would be looked at as a PK guy. The Canucks sit dead last on the PK and by 5% more than the next worst team. There should be no one on the Canucks being looked at for their PK ability .

Motte, great depth forward. Schenn. depth d-man. I don't think either warrents a 2nd round pick (which has much more value than the difference between a 3rd and 4th) So, how is it really weird Motte cost a 4th and Schenn costs a 3rd?

The fact this hasn't been done and done yet suggests to me there's some random reclamation prospect and no picks involved anyway.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I don't know who he would replace in the Bruins' top six...is he better overall than Clifton? Even if he is, do you really want Carlo, Forbort, and Schenn all playing? They all seem to play a similar style. He would be good injury insurance though as Carlo tends to get hurt and Forbort blocks so many shots he could easily break another bone. However I don't know if Sweeney would pay the asking price for someone who might not be a clear upgrade on their top 6. I would offer a 4th + Myrenberg and if the Canucks get a better offer, then so be it.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Any chance on the uh, schenn being
I don't know who he would replace in the Bruins' top six...is he better overall than Clifton? Even if he is, do you really want Carlo, Forbort, and Schenn all playing? They all seem to play a similar style. He would be good injury insurance though as Carlo tends to get hurt and Forbort blocks so many shots he could easily break another bone. However I don't know if Sweeney would pay the asking price for someone who might not be a clear upgrade on their top 6. I would offer a 4th + Myrenberg and if the Canucks get a better offer, then so be it.
Cant see Boston taking him neither. Maybe calgary. Maybe even Toronto. Schenn a cheap son of a.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Kulak got a 2nd rounder and I believe 2 prospects. Braun got a 3rd.

If Boston wants him, perhaps Schenn for a B prospect like Mason Lohrei? Good numbers as a defenseman in college but skating is a concern.

Or Brett Harrison.

We aren’t going to give up Lohrei for a 7th dman

He’s going to be a good NHL regular. Size, ability to run a PP, very good offensive chops, great on his own side, has snarl.

If we get Chychrun i’d expect him to be a part of that return.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
IDK Schenn would be looked at as a PK guy. The Canucks sit dead last on the PK and by 5% more than the next worst team. There should be no one on the Canucks being looked at for their PK ability .

Motte, great depth forward. Schenn. depth d-man. I don't think either warrents a 2nd round pick (which has much more value than the difference between a 3rd and 4th) So, how is it really weird Motte cost a 4th and Schenn costs a 3rd?

The fact this hasn't been done and done yet suggests to me there's some random reclamation prospect and no picks involved anyway.

Statistically, he's our worst PKer (lol).

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
A 2x Stanley Cup Winning RHD, making 850K per, leading the NHL with the Most HitsL, who has 18 points and a +/- of +8, playing 20+minutes of the toughest matchups on a team that sucks should be worth a bomb but not on these boards where potential is worth more than actual achievement.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If the price is a 3rd+,
I think we’re going to start seeing trades almost every day now…..With NYR and NYI and LA close on a blockbuster I can see other teams not wanting to get left in the dust….

I’ll miss Schenn in Vancouver and hope they resign him in the summer. He’s so consistent and one of the few guys who finishes his checks…

With that said I’m hoping for a major score in a deal. If it’s Calgary I’m guessing it’s minimum a 2nd with the division premium.

If it’s Boston, guessing a 3rd…. Or maybe the Canucks target a prospect?
Division premium isn't really common. Especially when it's a role player who is a UFA. It will be whoever offers the higher pick.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
He’s 33 and the Canucks aren’t competing. They likely aren’t even competing next year. You take the 3rd or whatever you can get. If he wants to stay you can discuss bringing him back in a couple months.

The player relationship issues were with previous management. This management hasn’t won themselves any favours but keeping schenn happy isn’t going to have any effect either
There is a human component to it though. It’s easy to simply say well trade him and get something. But here you have a 900+ game veteran respected in the organization and his wishes are going to be taken into account. If he doesn’t want to move for a chance at the cup at this moment that will carry some weight especially if the return is not much of anything.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A 2x Stanley Cup Winning RHD, making 850K per, leading the NHL with the Most HitsL, who has 18 points and a +/- of +8, playing 20+minutes of the toughest matchups on a team that sucks should be worth a bomb but not on these boards where potential is worth more than actual achievement.

He was the #7D on those Cup teams. People are offering good value for a high end #7D.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The Canucks should just re-sign him and other teams can keep their 2nd and 3rd draft choices.

I’m down with this actually. I’m kinda hawkish on him, I want a 1st or nothing since chariot returned a 1st , 4th and 2 prospects. But that’s just me. I really like Schenn.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Chiarot was making 4x what Schenn is and had poor defensive numbers. Damn right a team is going to give up either a second and a prospect or a late first. If Schenn was playing on the Bruins he'd be +50 right now.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Motte cost a 4th and Schenn costs a 3rd? Really weird considering Luke Schemn is way more of an impact player and in a high demand role. Unless that plus is a good piece…
My question is is Edmundson any better then Schenn ? Stat wise Edmundson is one of the worst D in the NHL. Both are on bad teams so you can't use that as an excuse. Montreal wants a 1st for their guy and Vancouver a 3rd for their guy. If I am a GM it is a easy decision, Schenn should have a line up of teams willing to trade for him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Schenn would be a #5 on a contender.

He’s better than clifton

Not this season, but even if I grant that…a Forbort/Schenn pairing would be sooooooo bad…which means you are choosing between Forbort/Clifton or Zboril/Schenn and which means…Schenn is wearing a suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad