Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
LOL. "Could happen at any time". As could literally any event in the entire universe. That's up there with back in the day, "Insider" Bob MacKenzie talking about Antropov and saying "it could go one way or the other".....again, like every single event in the universe.
His wife is due around the TDL so the belief has always been that he gets dealt early or does not get dealt at all.

I would assume things are pretty close here. I don’t have an issue with this report.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Interesting to read that supporters of other teams seeking to acquire Luke Schenn are running his value down.

He is a RHD who LEADS the league in hits this year and is the ALL-TIME hit leader in the league.

He currently has 3 goals and 15 assists with 69 penalty minutes.

He makes 850K per year.

He has a +/- of +8 and plays 20+ minutes per game on an otherwise truly woeful Canucks D-core.

He is 33 years old and has been one of the few bright spots of an otherwise dreadful season.

Finally, he is the true leader of the Cancusks and one of the only players that assure that Canucks remain professional enough in this season's, "Voyage of the Damned", to give an effort each and every game.

The Canucks should just re-sign him and other teams can keep their 2nd and 3rd draft choices.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Interesting to read that supporters of other teams seeking to acquire Luke Schenn are running his value down.

He is a RHD who LEADS the league in hits this year and is the ALL-TIME hit leader in the league.

He currently has 3 goals and 15 assists with 69 penalty minutes.

He makes 850K per year.

He has a +/- of +8 and plays 20+ minutes per game on an otherwise truly woeful Canucks D-core.

He is 33 years old and has been one of the few bright spots of an otherwise dreadful season.

Finally, he is the true leader of the Cancusks and one of the only players that assure that Canucks remain professional enough in this season's, "Voyage of the Damned", to give an effort each and every game.

The Canucks should just re-sign him and other teams can keep their 2nd and 3rd draft choices.
Nice

Reactions: ratbid

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
LOL. "Could happen at any time". As could literally any event in the entire universe. That's up there with back in the day, "Insider" Bob MacKenzie talking about Antropov and saying "it could go one way or the other".....again, like every single event in the universe.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
- Yogi Berra

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Okay I'm pretty sure Pagnotta just listens to 32 Thoughts and then repeats what Elliotte says as if it's his own information lol.
The amount of fraudulent “insiders” this year is crazy. Kypreos puts out a report saying Clarke is getting traded for Chychrun and it’s shot down right away.

Known clown Bruce Garrioch puts out a report that the Leafs and Oilers are after Chychrun and it’s shot down an hour later by Marek.

People will say anything for a few hours of attention on Twitter and it’s pretty sad.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
WPG 1st + what else?

Why Cap dump? Schenn is sub 900k cap hit for the full season. Acquiring team can just send a player to the AHL to afford him. 2nd for Schenn is fair, then pay extra for the cap dump...
The point of the cap dump is to entice the other team to give a 2nd instead of a 3rd. The extra cap space can allow the other team flexibility to get more assets.

So Canucks are giving Schenn and cap space.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
The point of the cap dump is to entice the other team to give a 2nd instead of a 3rd. The extra cap space can allow the other team flexibility to get more assets.

So Canucks are giving Schenn and cap space.
Schenn makes 850k. And is worth a 2nd in his own rights. Any team acquiring can send down a player to make up the cap space. If they want to send cap back to us it is a 2nd + w/e the cap is worth.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Schenn makes 850k. And is worth a 2nd in his own rights. Any team acquiring can send down a player to make up the cap space. If they want to send cap back to us it is a 2nd + w/e the cap is worth.
I think he’s worth a 2nd but as you can see from the other replies here some don’t. Taking on an expiring cap dumb is the sweetener in the deal.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I think he’s worth a 2nd but as you can see from the other replies here some don’t. Taking on an expiring cap dumb is the sweetener in the deal.
But it makes no sense. I'll use NJD as an example (They don't need him, just using as an example). Say they want to upgrade their RHD with Schenn and are only willing to pay a 3rd. They want to dump Andreas to make more cap room for other acquisitions. No Andreas Johnsson is probably a 2nd (or more) to dump alone, that doesn't include the cost of Schenn. So in this case, the deal now needs to be a 1st + Johnsson for Schenn at the very least.

A team can dump a player to the AHL in order to save 1.05m cap space at any time, so for it to really be worth upgrading from that 3rd to a 2nd, that team would need to dump a 1.5m contract, which alone is worth a 3rd. That itself is worth bumping from a mid-late 3rd to a mid-late 2nd, but the Canucks want a 3rd +. What that + is nobody knows, but that alone likely means they are looking at a 2nd in value, if not more.

If we don't trade him by TDL, I would say there is a 95% chance we simply re-sign him and he retires a Canuck.

I dunno…..pretty bold! LOL
I GUARANTEE Schenn will either get traded, or not get traded. One of those two will happen.

Reactions: M2Beezy

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

That's a lot of words to say you disagree with the Nuck poster's OP and included tweet.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
But it makes no sense. I'll use NJD as an example (They don't need him, just using as an example). Say they want to upgrade their RHD with Schenn and are only willing to pay a 3rd. They want to dump Andreas to make more cap room for other acquisitions. No Andreas Johnsson is probably a 2nd (or more) to dump alone, that doesn't include the cost of Schenn. So in this case, the deal now needs to be a 1st + Johnsson for Schenn at the very least.

A team can dump a player to the AHL in order to save 1.05m cap space at any time, so for it to really be worth upgrading from that 3rd to a 2nd, that team would need to dump a 1.5m contract, which alone is worth a 3rd. That itself is worth bumping from a mid-late 3rd to a mid-late 2nd, but the Canucks want a 3rd +. What that + is nobody knows, but that alone likely means they are looking at a 2nd in value, if not more.

If we don't trade him by TDL, I would say there is a 95% chance we simply re-sign him and he retires a Canuck.

I GUARANTEE Schenn will either get traded, or not get traded. One of those two will happen.
Source?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens send Ruwedel & Devils 3rd.

Mrs. Schenn -->UPMC Magee Womens Hospital in Oakland, 300 Halket St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Both of my boys were born there.

YW....

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Who is bottom pairing?

The guy who's not even in the top 150 at his position in TOI/G.

He's having a good year, and is a great depth piece to have for a contender, but let's not make him out to be more than he is.

If the Canucks get a 2nd, that's a win for them, and they should be happy with that.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
3rd+ makes it sound like Boston is the front runner, or someone knows something he's not saying.

Or just trying to keep fans of teams without a second interested....ahem....*coughs* Bostronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad