Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Luke Schenn

for

2nd
Cap dump that expires this year

Is this a fair deal for both sides?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
LOL. "Could happen at any time". As could literally any event in the entire universe. That's up there with back in the day, "Insider" Bob MacKenzie talking about Antropov and saying "it could go one way or the other".....again, like every single event in the universe.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Package Schenn with a slightly retained Boeser and send them to Winnipeg…please
WPG 1st + what else?

Luke Schenn

for

2nd
Cap dump that expires this year

Is this a fair deal for both sides?
Why Cap dump? Schenn is sub 900k cap hit for the full season. Acquiring team can just send a player to the AHL to afford him. 2nd for Schenn is fair, then pay extra for the cap dump...

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
WPG 1st + what else?

Why Cap dump? Schenn is sub 900k cap hit for the full season. Acquiring team can just send a player to the AHL to afford him. 2nd for Schenn is fair, then pay extra for the cap dump...
Would depend on the Boeser retention… what’s VANs needs

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Would depend on the Boeser retention… what’s VANs needs
Honestly, if management players is smart. Picks. If they want to get players to improve and try to compete sooner rather than late, picks are always the easiest way to acquire those players, as well as shed cap to make room for them. Boeser with 1m retained is worth a 2nd + easily. So Schenn + Boeser 1m retain for your 1st and say 2024 2nd is fair in my eyes.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'd say Schenn is an ideal trade for Buffalo. Brings leadership to a young blue line. Legit top 4 guy as well. You have 3 2nd's, so send us the VGK one.

Ehhhhh, I don't see it. We've got Dahlin/Jokiharju/Lyubushkin as our top 3 RHD. Granato and Adams seem intent on seeing if Power/Joker can be a long-term thing. I don't think we're going to send Boosh to the press box so soon after signing him to a UFA deal.

I think Buffalo is more looking for a left-handed version of Schenn -- one that can take ice time away from Bryson, who is an ideal 7th defenseman.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I'd say Schenn is an ideal trade for Buffalo. Brings leadership to a young blue line. Legit top 4 guy as well. You have 3 2nd's, so send us the VGK one.
If Buffalo could work out a 2 year extension 2x2 I would be happy to do it but wouldn't give up a 2nd without an extension in place.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
A 3rd for Schenn is a fantastic deal for how he's been playing this year.
I think he has more value than a 3rd. He's been playing like a legit top 4 guy, with positive metrics on a team that can't play defence. Even on a contender he is at worst a #5 then can play 2nd pairing during injury, or just slip right into that role after a trade.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Schenn isn't leaving for less than a 2nd, I don't think. The Canucks will give him a respectful retirement contract and Allvin will posture to the league that he isn't going to be a pushover - the Canucks already lack RD. It's not worth buckling over so early into one's GM tenure.
On the other side of things, Allvin has shown he is willing to get things done if a buyer comes who is ready to pay. I think if a team offers a 2nd, and asks to get the trade done today to shed other potential buyers from the table, the Canucks will say yes to a fair trade out of respect to other other party.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Canucks are sounding more and more likely to retain him if they don't get enough in a trade. There is mutual interest from both the team and the player.

I'd be surprised if he's moved for anything less than a 2nd. I'm not saying a 3rd is not enough in value, it's just that it might not be enough for the Canucks to not elect to keep him around.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Canucks are sounding more and more likely to retain him if they don't get enough in a trade. There is mutual interest from both the team and the player.

I'd be surprised if he's moved for anything less than a 2nd. I'm not saying a 3rd is not enough in value, it's just that it might not be enough for the Canucks to not elect to keep him around.
I think the Leafs match up fairly well. They have Ottawa's 3rd rd. pick which will be a high 3rd, that has more value than a contenders 3rd. It meets in the middle between a contenders 2nd and 3rd rd. picks.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Guessing the Flames do something stupid here and give up a 3rd + Mackey. Not that either of those pieces are inherently worth a lot just that Schenn doesn't meaningfully improve the Flames in any way.
I disagree, I'd do that trade, but I don't like giving up the 3rd.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If the return is just a 3rd we should re-sign him. He’s about to have a baby and loves it here, it could help show the players a better relationship between players and management which hasn’t been there for many years now.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Kulak got a 2nd rounder and I believe 2 prospects. Braun got a 3rd.

If Boston wants him, perhaps Schenn for a B prospect like Mason Lohrei? Good numbers as a defenseman in college but skating is a concern.

Or Brett Harrison.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze if that's only the return then why not just keep him... He's a solid player that they can resign for extremely cheap.

I'd much rather keep the guy if I were canucks

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
If the return is just a 3rd we should re-sign him. He’s about to have a baby and loves it here, it could help show the players a better relationship between players and management which hasn’t been there for many years now.
He’s 33 and the Canucks aren’t competing. They likely aren’t even competing next year. You take the 3rd or whatever you can get. If he wants to stay you can discuss bringing him back in a couple months.

The player relationship issues were with previous management. This management hasn’t won themselves any favours but keeping schenn happy isn’t going to have any effect either

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Ideally they can get a mid/late 2nd for this upcoming draft. 3rd + B prospect wouldn’t be bad, but not ideal.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
LOL. "Could happen at any time". As could literally any event in the entire universe. That's up there with back in the day, "Insider" Bob MacKenzie talking about Antropov and saying "it could go one way or the other".....again, like every single event in the universe.
I bet you anything Schenn gets traded today or tomorrow unless he does not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad