Value of: Lucic to Anaheim

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can see the Devils trading for him……..

As an add on with Tkachuk to help lower the trade cost….

Im kidding btw. Even if Flames did move Tkachuk (very very unlkely unless he asks for a crazy amount) the Flames would never demimish the trade value of Tkachuk by addig in a cap dump. Moving Lucic would be done in order to sign Chucky so ya….
Ill go back to dreaming of gettig Tkachuk on my Devils.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Call me crazy but I think Lucic with 1 year left and 1M in actual money owed will bring in an asset not cost one if he agrees to waive. He's a high end 4th liner who is still arguably the heavy weight champ of the league.

He's also a fantastic teammate and culture setter. Good playoff resume too.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
This isn't how that works and it was proven last summer with the Tyler Johnson trade, and the summer before that with the Nate Schmidt trade. Teams don't go out of their way to collectively screw over 1 team, they look to improve themselves and then look to get bargains. I'm not arguing it will only cost a 4th/5th to move Lucic but if multiple teams want what he brings (which makes sense) then Calgary will take the best deal available (assuming he waives)
I mean I think those teams saw potential rebound value in those players. Lucic obviously is what he is atp. I'm not suggesting the Flames would have to cough up an arm and a leg to shed him given the low salary but I just don't think a 4th/5th would cut it. Probably more like a 2nd imo but I guess if someone really does want him they'd settle for less.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Lots of hopes and prayers going into this from the Flames side.

Lucic aint waiving to go to Anaheim... Arizona... or Ottawa.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Lots of hopes and prayers going into this from the Flames side.

Lucic aint waiving to go to Anaheim... Arizona... or Ottawa.

I'm the one that mentioned those teams and I'm as far from a Flames fan as possible. I'm a Ducks/Knights fan. Lucic just has a contract that is easily movable at this point if he agrees to it.

Ledge And Dairy

I mean I think those teams saw potential rebound value in those players. Lucic obviously is what he is atp. I'm not suggesting the Flames would have to cough up an arm and a leg to shed him given the low salary but I just don't think a 4th/5th would cut it. Probably more like a 2nd imo but I guess if someone really does want him they'd settle for less.
I can completely understand a 2nd, actual pay may push it to a 3rd but nothing more than a 2nd

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I'm the one that mentioned those teams and I'm as far from a Flames fan as possible. I'm a Ducks/Knights fan. Lucic just has a contract that is easily movable at this point if he agrees to it.
Your username is Duck Knight... why would I believe you are a Flames fan? If you read all of these threads collectively... you are not the only one mentioning these teams. If it was just you, I would have quoted your post.

... you said the key words "if he agrees to it".

He loves playing on the Flames.... he loves playing for Sutter.... he wants to stay northwest for family reasons... he still wants to play hockey and he likes to win. Why does he waive? To help a team he's not going to be playing on, only to go to a non playoff team and have to fight to protect a bunch of kids? You think a guy like Lucic at his age loves to fight? He is one of the best fighters in the league but most of those guys at his age don't really want to do it.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If you read all of these threads collectively... you are not the only one mentioning these teams. If it was just you, I would have quoted your post.

... you said the key words "if he agrees to it".

He loves playing on the Flames.... he loves playing for Sutter.... he wants to stay northwest for family reasons... he still wants to play hockey and he likes to win. Why does he waive? To help a team he's not going to be playing on, only to go to a non playoff team and have to fight to protect a bunch of kids? You think a guy like Lucic at his age loves to fight? He is one of the best fighters in the league but most of those guys at his age don't really want to do it.

He does only have an 8 team list until 7/1. Then it becomes 10.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
He does only have an 8 team list until 7/1. Then it becomes 10.
Here...

Tampa Bay Lightning
Vegas Golden Knights
Edmonton Oilers
New York Rangers
Florida Panthers
Vancouver Canucks
Montreal Canadiens
Carolina Hurricanes
Toronto Maple Leafs
Colorado Avalanche

Go ahead... trade me!

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Here...

Tampa Bay Lightning
Vegas Golden Knights
Edmonton Oilers
New York Rangers
Florida Panthers
Vancouver Canucks
Montreal Canadiens
Carolina Hurricanes
Toronto Maple Leafs
Colorado Avalanche

Go ahead... trade me!
I wouldn't be putting Montreal on that list. You're right though. I do think his contract and presence has value to some teams, but not ones I would want to go to if I was him.

My only question is was there a deal in place like there clearly was for the expansion draft before the trade was made. He wanted out of Edmonton pretty bad. Unlikely, but a possibility. Treliving knew when Gaudreau and Tkachuk's contracts were up before he made that deal.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I wouldn't be putting Montreal on that list...
I wouldn't have if Bergevin was still there because he would probably do everything he can to make it work. ;)

I do understand what you are saying... but they are in cap hell even with how poor their product was this year and the new guys running the team are fairly smart.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The Flames need to offload salary. Seems like the Ducks have space and could use some beef to protect their young stars. What would a deal look like? Lucic has one year left with a cap hit of $5.25m but he is only owed $875,000 in actual money. If the Ducks aren't worried about being a cap team this seems like a bargain for what he has brought this year. Assuming Lucic agrees to waive of course.
Habs may be interested in Lucic. We thinking on moving Dvorak at trade deadline next year. If Flames offer first pick in '23 and one of their top prospects we could potentially make a trade?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't have if Bergevin was still there because he would probably do everything he can to make it work. ;)

I do understand what you are saying... but they are in cap hell even with how poor their product was this year and the new guys running the team are fairly smart.
With Habs rookies on D, no Price in net, no doubt they be in Bedard sweepstakes next summer

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
lol yeah people are just dying to add a 20 point player with a 5+ million cap hit.
Fans focus too much on cap hit . There a few teams that like a high cap hit with lower real money being paid out of course cap teams wouldn't touch it .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Teams still need an incentive to help Calgary with their cap issues. You have leverage with Calgary wanting to shed his cap and only a handful of teams at most that would be willing to eat the cap. You can find tough guys pretty easily without helping your division rival out for nothing
You know there 2 sides to every story . Calgary incentive to move Lucic to a team under the cap floor . It helps them cheat on actually spending real money .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Call me crazy but I think Lucic with 1 year left and 1M in actual money owed will bring in an asset not cost one if he agrees to waive. He's a high end 4th liner who is still arguably the heavy weight champ of the league.

He's also a fantastic teammate and culture setter. Good playoff resume too.
I agree 100% . Fans focus too much on the cap hit when teams under the cap floor would love the cap hit as apposed to paying out real money . Fans get a hate on for other teams and become blind with that hate . I try and remove that from my thought process . At a million less what the Oilers are paying is good value for Lucic . He probably a 2 million player on the open market as an UFA

Reactions: turnagainoutlaw

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I agree 100% . Fans focus too much on the cap hit when teams under the cap floor would love the cap hit as apposed to paying out real money . Fans get a hate on for other teams and become blind with that hate . I try and remove that from my thought process . At a million less what the Oilers are paying is good value for Lucic . He probably a 2 million player on the open market as an UFA
Yes I agree. I've said everyone would want Lucic if the contract was right. He's still a good 4th liner. Just makes too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad