Value of: Lucic plus 2019 1st at the draft

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
telling the oiler fans to stay out of something and then kicking them in the balls? How about this. Oiler keep Lucic and lose him and a 2nd rounder to Seattle in the expansion draft in 12 month?
Comprehension seems to be an issue with Oilers fans haha
Oilers fans are so defensive they skipped right over the part of "bidding war" and just jumped to the conclusion that my proposal was just "someone take him if the Oilers add the 5-8th OA"
Oh, and Lucic has a NMC so he won't be in exposed

Reactions: Draiskull and LDF

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Oilers fans please stay out of this for 48 hours. It's the only way this won't devolve into the usual **** show by post #3

Let the bidding ....war(?) begin with the following hypotheticals -
1) Lucic has waived his NMC (allowing him to be exposed in the expansion draft)
2) Pick lands between 5-8th

I do not think that Lucic waiving his NMC for a trade now invalidates it for the expansion draft. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Oilers fans please stay out of this for 48 hours. It's the only way this won't devolve into the usual **** show by post #3

If you guys retained 50% & took back Phaneuf, it's a tempting offer....

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The premise of the trade is faulty because it states Lucic would wave his NTC which would open himself up to be selected by Seattle in the expansion draft - so what? That doesn't mean anything because the odds are very low that Seattle would want him. The team that would do that trade will have Lucic's $6M cap hit for 4 more years.

Edmonton may get some nibbles on that trade proposal if they retain 50% and their 1st round pick. $3M for 4 years for a #5-8 pick might be worth it.
For many teams, it means they won't have to lose another good forward in the expansion draft on top of taking Lucic's contract.

Reactions: Homesick

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Oilers fans are so defensive they skipped right over the part of "bidding war" and just jumped to the conclusion that my proposal was just "someone take him if the Oilers add the 5-8th OA"

Lucic will end up in Seattle. One way or another. And you skipped all the replies where you had the oilers giving up a top 10 pick and retaining money

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
That's reasonable. I'd consider that.

Reasonable? It's downright larcenous in favor of the Oilers. Two seconds and a third for a guy that can't score more than 5 goals in Edmonton with McDavid and Draisaitl is outrageous for guy that will be an even bigger black hole in Vancouver. He's a $2 million 4th line hockey player now. If he were actually paid that amount, that's what his value would be. At four million a year his value is that of Brouwer: nil, as in bought out and now making 850k playing for the Panthers.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Reasonable? It's downright larcenous in favor of the Oilers. Two seconds and a third for a guy that can't score more than 5 goals in Edmonton with McDavid and Draisaitl is outrageous for guy that will be an even bigger black hole in Vancouver. He's a $2 million 4th line hockey player now. If he were actually paid that amount, that's what his value would be. At four million a year his value is that of Brouwer: nil, as in bought out and now making 850k playing for the Panthers.

It is amazing that he can't score more goals playing on McDavid's wing, with Draisaitl on the other side, getting 20+ mins a night. Something must be going on with him...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the problem is and the best way to point this out. this, look at the proposal that many is offering. "Cost of Diminishing rtn" so to make this a compelling pkg for any team to take. so Lucic + 1st round 2019 and you need to add a starting player. this is what is realistically is needed to take on Lucic contract.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

You can't exclude an entire fanbase from any thread. They get shutdown for that reason.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
It is amazing that he can't score more goals playing on McDavid's wing, with Draisaitl on the other side, getting 20+ mins a night. Something must be going on with him...

Baffling. I mean, forget that he's slow. McDavid and Draisaitl are both effective at gaining the zone and retaining the puck long enough for him to catch up. All he should be doing is going to the net and cleaning up garbage. That should be an easy 20 goals while making room for his line mates - which is still less than a $6 million player, but at least it's production.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Lucic + 1st for Bobby Ryan

guess you missed the memo about this trade being about FREEING up cap space. Ryan is on 7.25 for 3 more years. Lucic has only 4 years left. Why would the oilers give a first to actually spend money on an over paid player for 3 years? Oilers are better off waiting two years and have a discussion with Seattle, which is closer to Lucic's home

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Besides that Ryan is owed more money than Lucic. Not doing Melnyk a favour(and he'd love to shed 21.75 million off the payroll) and get top 10 pick
in other words he is utilizing what is available to better fix his team, fine i like that premise in stead of just arbitrarily making move just for the sake of making them.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Did I write this up wrong, or what...

I will try another way...…….

Vancouver wants

Edmonton's 2019 2nd
NYI 2019 3rd
Edmonton's 2020 2nd
Plus Edmonton to retain 2M per year

They will take Lucic at 4 Million
and he waves his NMC

we can decide what to do with him later

PS...………..one guy offered us Bear as well (we will take him too!)

just to make it official something would have to be going back to the Oilers. Maybe a 7th rounder.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Did I write this up wrong, or what...

I will try another way...…….

Vancouver wants

Edmonton's 2019 2nd
NYI 2019 3rd
Edmonton's 2020 2nd
Plus Edmonton to retain 2M per year

They will take Lucic at 4 Million
and he waves his NMC

we can decide what to do with him later

PS...………..one guy offered us Bear as well (we will take him too!)
no offense and this is me.

too much and i would pass on such a deal.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
giving up a top 10 pick would be a mistake to resolve a previous mistake. Oilers should either ride the contract, retain on the contract and trade him with lesser assets or try to make a change of scenery type of deal for another bad contract.

Reactions: LDF

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Baffling. I mean, forget that he's slow. McDavid and Draisaitl are both effective at gaining the zone and retaining the puck long enough for him to catch up. All he should be doing is going to the net and cleaning up garbage. That should be an easy 20 goals while making room for his line mates - which is still less than a $6 million player, but at least it's production.
My post was sarcasm. That's not even his line.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
giving up a top 10 pick would be a mistake to resolve a previous mistake. Oilers should either ride the contract, retain on the contract and trade him with lesser assets or try to make a change of scenery type of deal for another bad contract.
you either fix up the team/org now..... or have another dismal season and pay the price later.....

now think, what do you think the owners would prefer ??

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
You can't exclude an entire fanbase from any thread. They get shutdown for that reason.
You actually can if you want an outside opinion.
OP was valid but us Oilers fans couldnt digest it.

Many polls are created where 'homer' votes are captured in a different section to get a better neutral opinion.

I actually want to know what non Oilers fans would be willing to give up for Lucic+1st.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
there will always be another way to fix it...... it is just based on odds and guts.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
My post was sarcasm. That's not even his line.

IC. Well it was when he got there, and it was certainly the intent. Problem is he couldn't manage to play with them, which is why it's no longer his line. Which is the point.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

a team rebuidling that hopes to be competitive by the time Lucic contract is up in 4 years would do this.
Anaheim, LA, NJ, Det, NYR?

Unforunately for Edmonton, the colossal mistake in signing the deal is going to cost them colossally - the 1st pick in the draft. Just swallow it and move on

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

something is wrong.
Last year I saw Lucic getting out of the way of point shots instead of providing a proper screen. He's lost his mojo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00