Value of: Lucic plus 2019 1st at the draft

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Oilers fans please stay out of this for 48 hours. It's the only way this won't devolve into the usual **** show by post #3

Let the bidding ....war(?) begin with the following hypotheticals -
1) Lucic has waived his NMC (allowing him to be exposed in the expansion draft)
2) Pick lands between 5-8th
montreal does this deal and tosses in one of its 2nd rounders to sweeten it...

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
TBH, I don't think Bear is needed if we're retaining 2 million. I think 2 2nds and a 3rd is good enough.

So... here is the thing...….you said it is good, and honestly I would take it, but for the same of finding true tolerance to what Lucic trade value is 78 Oiler offered Bear as well

so my question to myself is....what is it ?

2M retained, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd and 2020 2nd
or is it
2M retained, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, 2020 2nd and Bear

Keep in mind, I am just here for fun......so it is an honest question

from an inexperienced trader

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Lucic isn't going anywhere period..****
I am so sick of seeing this, under the right circumstance, literally ANYONE will move

What would you be willing to bet he doesn't finish his contract with the Oilers?

I know it's a long ways away but I'd certainly do an avatar bet with anybody on here that he's gone before his contract is up

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
So... here is the thing...….you said it is good, and honestly I would take it, but for the same of finding true tolerance to what Lucic trade value is 78 Oiler offered Bear as well

or is it

I personally think that it should be the first one, 2m retained for 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, and 2020 2nd.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

or is it

I'll take the OP over the multiple picks, assuming he is willing to be exposed (not that I'd expect him to be taken mind you).

Benning has said he's not going in for a big name free agent this offseason, and a higher pick for 2 million difference in salary will just keep him from spending that on another middling (at best) UFA.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I am so sick of seeing this, under the right circumstance, literally ANYONE will move

What would you be willing to bet he doesn't finish his contract with the Oilers?

I know it's a long ways away but I'd certainly do an avatar bet with anybody on here that he's gone before his contract is up

People are sick of the multiple Lucic proposals and the most ridiculous ones at that even more. To be honest this one is probably the rare ones that may have a snowballs chance in hell of happening but it's still laughable

The idea that anyone can be moved is just ignorant and definitely not correct

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The premise of the trade is faulty because it states Lucic would wave his NTC which would open himself up to be selected by Seattle in the expansion draft - so what? That doesn't mean anything because the odds are very low that Seattle would want him. The team that would do that trade will have Lucic's $6M cap hit for 4 more years.

Edmonton may get some nibbles on that trade proposal if they retain 50% and their 1st round pick. $3M for 4 years for a #5-8 pick might be worth it.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
As a Hawks fan I would do a Lucic for Seabrook straight up. Seabrook probably has more on-ice value than Lucic. I would do this trade because I wouldn't have any problem burying Lucic in the AHL so he isn't clogging up a roster spot on the Hawks - whereas that's not an option with Seabrook because he's one of the Cup heroes and deserves better from the organization than getting buried in the AHL. Cap wise - there's virtually no difference whether Seabrook is on the NHL roster or Lucic on the AHL roster. Kind of an addition by subtraction thing.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Back to the original proposal: I'd offer Tatar or drouin for lucic plus the first, on the assumption that the habs can somehow bury his last two years

Reactions: Homesick

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Back to the original proposal: I'd offer Tatar or drouin for lucic plus the first, on the assumption that the habs can somehow bury his last two years

Drouin is worth that pick by himself, why the hell would we do that?

A guy picked @ 8-9 just hopes to one day become a 55pts NHL player. Drouin is already @ that point w/ a VERY respectable cap hit.

So yah, no...

Alzner + 3rd vs Lucic + 1st could make sense, but otherwhise not interested

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Im not staying out of this ****...

Do you really wanna get bent over in yet another trade? This is Chia all over again. Keep Lucic and try to move in a deal like that Canucks fan suggested. If he can't be moved, fine keep him. Draft a stud forward and get him on a 3 year ELC. Done.

OP makes no sense whatsoever for us. Like at all. There's no way we even think of that. I get it, we've been in this **** show a long long time and at one point everyone snaps mentally, but this is not it chief.
:eek:

Oilers fans are so defensive after 13 years of being the laughing stock of the league that they spaz out without even hearing a hypothetical offer from another team. :laugh:

Maybe a team would be willing to offer 25-30th OA and take on Lucic to move up 5-8.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Oilers
2019 2nd,
2020 2nd
2.5 retained cap hit.
Top 8 prospect

Rangers
Pionk

Rangers are going to have money and a lot of young players. If Lucic waives, it's my understanding we don't have to keep that clause and protect him, right? If so I wouldn't mind having him on the 4th line or so for the next couple of years.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Oilers fans please stay out of this for 48 hours. It's the only way this won't devolve into the usual **** show by post #3

Let the bidding ....war(?) begin with the following hypotheticals -
1) Lucic has waived his NMC (allowing him to be exposed in the expansion draft)
2) Pick lands between 5-8th

telling the oiler fans to stay out of something and then kicking them in the balls? How about this. Oiler keep Lucic and lose him and a 2nd rounder to Seattle in the expansion draft in 12 month?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Oilers
2019 2nd,
2020 2nd
2.5 retained cap hit.
Top 8 prospect

Rangers
Pionk

Rangers are going to have money and a lot of young players. If Lucic waives, it's my understanding we don't have to keep that clause and protect him, right? If so I wouldn't mind having him on the 4th line or so for the next couple of years.
Despite what people think; Lucic would have value at 3.5 million per year

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Despite what people think; Lucic would have value at 3.5 million per year
Not enough for me to trade an asset without getting something else back. Retained cap hit is negotiable, I don't think .5 makes or breaks the deal.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad