Rumor: Lucic has permission to talk to teams

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Calgary has no use for him than I'd be surprised if anyone else does.
Calgary might still want him. Odds are he's not ready to accept that he is a 1M player at this stage, or is just hoping some team overvalued toughness and cup experience enough to pay him what no team should. It's a fair bet for him to make. There are enough dumb GMs out there.

Reactions: Chet Manley

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
The leafs could really use a leader in the locker room who will stick up for teammates and crash and bang. If I were them, I’d try to get him for a 4th line role.

• Haha
Reactions: AustonMarner

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary might still want him. Odds are he's not ready to accept that he is a 1M player at this stage, or is just hoping some team overvalued toughness and cup experience enough to pay him what no team should. It's a fair bet for him to make. There are enough dumb GMs out there.
Odds are he is ready for a league minimum or slightly higher. He was interviewed not too long ago and said his previous contract was a burden in terms of the pressure he felt to live up to it (my words, not his). He felt that a weight has been lifted from his shoulders (again, my words, not his).

Despite all the naysayers out there I think Looch has another year in him. Over the past five years he consistently records about 20 points, leads his team in hits, and has favourable Corsi numbers.

He is a leader in the room and well liked by his mates.

He will land somewhere this season.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Lmao, I hope we re-sign him again for multiple reasons, that he and Bennett can give Leaf fans something more to cry about is one of them.

I can see Lucic with the Panthers. A couple former Flames teammates here who love playing in Florida, Zito likes to older vets, Lucic can still kick the shut outta guys. I’m open to it.
Trust me, they were tears of joy watching him wobble off the ice after that hit. A few more tears of joy later seeing Bennett get blown by for multiple goals against in the final 2 games. Such great memories!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I could see Chicago to have some protection for Bedard, and the fact he wont help them win. I could see an overpayment like $2.0M/per for 2 years.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Lucic has permission to beg teams for a PTO
Similarly to what he did with WC team Canada
It's sad when guy's don't know when to retire
What’s more sad is when someone on a message board comes up with crap like this because an NHL player hurt their feelings at some point

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Trust me, they were tears of joy watching him wobble off the ice after that hit. A few more tears of joy later seeing Bennett get blown by for multiple goals against in the final 2 games. Such great memories!
No way it was more pleasurable than watching us wreck the Laughs on the way there.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
At something like $1M x 1 as your 4th line enforcer or extra forward, you could honestly do a lot worse. Wouldn't hate him back in Calgary for that price if it weren't for the fact I think the roster needs to see some turn over for younger guys.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
At something like $1M x 1 as your 4th line enforcer or extra forward, you could honestly do a lot worse. Wouldn't hate him back in Calgary for that price if it weren't for the fact I think the roster needs to see some turn over for younger guys.
Agreed.

If Calgary didn't have a backlog of about six forward prospects that need playing time, I'd be all for that. Calgary needs the roster spot in the bottom six at this point.

Lucic can definitely contribute though.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Lukas Rousek just signed for 775K.. that's about what I'd offer Lucic for 1 year on any team not named the Oilers. Easily buriable in AHL, easily traded at deadline if you need too. He'd bring value.

Once you get to a million or multiple years you have a problem.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
A lot of Kings fans want him back to play on the 4th line as the roster has a severe lack of toughness. One mil for one year sounds about right

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Im glad all 15 of you Panther fans enjoyed your run :D. I am sure it will be very memorable to everyone (except Gudas).

giphy.gif

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I could see Chicago to have some protection for Bedard, and the fact he wont help them win. I could see an overpayment like $2.0M/per for 2 years.
Not a chance. Hawks are of the mindset that skating is above all else and ol' Looch never really had the skating.

Reactions: Bobieque

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lukas Rousek just signed for 775K.. that's about what I'd offer Lucic for 1 year on any team not named the Oilers. Easily buriable in AHL, easily traded at deadline if you need too. He'd bring value.

Once you get to a million or multiple years you have a problem.
Lucic isn't in it for the money. He's earned $6 million/year for the last ten years, with questionable production through most of that. He knows he's already cashed in big time and likely just wants to play. I don't think $225k is going to be a deciding factor for him.

Reactions: Czechboy

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
What’s more sad is when someone on a message board comes up with crap like this because an NHL player hurt their feelings at some point

what's the saddest of all is your emotional opinion of me lol
Lucic was done as an legitimate nhl'er years ago sorry if he's your bum chum or whatever but I bet you he doesn't sign anything more than a PTO

That's just what I believe... there's obviously a few blind people like you that think he's still a useful player for some reason, I have no clue why...

Here bro; 🧻 you can wipe your a$$ and dry your tears too

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad