Rumor: Lucic has permission to talk to teams

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, a shorter term by 1-2 seasons / something like a 5x5 and it's not as bad.

Klapka? Did you mean Ruzika? I think the other one you're thinking of is Pelletier.

Agreed. He still has a bunch of value as a 1.5 million dollar bottom 6th or a league minimum 13th forward. He can still contribute somewhat. Just not as a top 6 player. I'd take him back on the Flames at 1 mil AAV for the 4th line.

Agreed his deployment was annoying and his durability (which blocked the prospects) was also annoying. But sort those out and he's a great guy to have around.

It keeps slower and fringe enforcers from dicking around if teams have them on their team. But I agree with you if you have a faster dude playing physical on your forwards, Lucic ain't a deterrent. You probably won't see guys like Nurse, Myers or Jones crosscheck him a ton of times in front of the net though and in most scenarios, if Lucic pulls off an offsetting penalty, your team wins that exchange. Lucic is still useful for stuff like that.
I meant Klapka... A big fav of mine. He's a beast and very raw... Fun to watch. I doubt he cracks the NHL but I will keep cheering.lol. Rucizka is definitely closer.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I meant Klapka... A big fav of mine. He's a beast and very raw... Fun to watch. I doubt he cracks the NHL but I will keep cheering.lol. Rucizka is definitely closer.

Ah, I see why you named Klapka now. I'm also surprised you know Klapka, because he didn't play a single NHL game. Rare that an Oiler fan would keep tabs on Flames prospects. But yeah. if Klapka makes it to the bigs, it'd be very interesting to see.

I think I'd rank him around 4th or 5th of the forwards to graduate to the NHL or get a cup of coffee.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ah, I see why you named Klapka now. I'm also surprised you know Klapka, because he didn't play a single NHL game. Rare that an Oiler fan would keep tabs on Flames prospects. But yeah. if Klapka makes it to the bigs, it'd be very interesting to see.

I think I'd rank him around 4th or 5th of the forwards to graduate to the NHL or get a cup of coffee.
He's Czech... I have a bias for them! In fact... Please trade him to the Oilers with vladar.haha

Reactions: Fig

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Lucic isn't in it for the money. He's earned $6 million/year for the last ten years, with questionable production through most of that. He knows he's already cashed in big time and likely just wants to play. I don't think $225k is going to be a deciding factor for him.
He may not be "in it for the money", but he's a professional, he isn't about to just take a deal lower than he feels he is worth.

Odds are he is ready for a league minimum or slightly higher. He was interviewed not too long ago and said his previous contract was a burden in terms of the pressure he felt to live up to it (my words, not his). He felt that a weight has been lifted from his shoulders (again, my words, not his).

Despite all the naysayers out there I think Looch has another year in him. Over the past five years he consistently records about 20 points, leads his team in hits, and has favourable Corsi numbers.

He is a leader in the room and well liked by his mates.

He will land somewhere this season.
Just because he felt the burden of a 6M deal doesn't mean he is ready to accept a league minimum deal. He is going to see what the offers are. He won't turn down a great deal if someone offers him one.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
TYPICAL MILAN LUCIC TO GM CONVERSATION:

"Hey, it's Milan Lucic...I'm just letting you know that I'm available and would love to play for (insert Team here)...I absolutely love what you've done/are doing with the Team and think that I would make a valuable addition to (insert Team here)!"

"Hey, Milan...ummmm, there seems to be...some sort of...problem with the...connection...*shreak*...maybe...you...*shreak*...call at...other number...(fake number here)...*dial tone*..."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00