Rumor: Lucic has permission to talk to teams

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
They wont sign for league minimum. Unless you get lucky and find another Joshua. How many of those exist? Every team in the league is looking for those guys, it why Reeves/Blais/Hathaways make 1.5M+
Spending 1.5 for a Reaves/Blais/Hathaway type is better business than league minimum+ a roster spot for current year Lucic.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Spending 1.5 for a Reaves/Blais/Hathaway type is better business than league minimum+ a roster spot for current year Lucic.
Hathaway and Reaves are both available as UFA. Hathaway likely gets 3+ years at 2M per which is not better than 1yr x 775k for Lucic. He'll be overpaid and just as cooked as Lucic by the end of that.

Reaves is just as cooked as Lucic so if he is getting 1+ years at 1.5M+ its significantly worse than just taking Lucic at league min on a 1 year.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Good for him. :laugh:

He can really get a head start on teams reminding him that he is unable to skate effectively anymore and has very little usefulness to anyone.

He's a glorified "enforcer" at this point. Not even super effective in that limited, mostly obsolete role either. There are very few players who will even indulge him in a fight anymore...and he's such a slow, useless player, it'll be hard for him to even stay in the lineup consistently enough to be there when his pugilistic skillset is actually even required anyway.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
We will sign Barbashev for that:

Best hit I can remember in the Finals in a long time.

Lmao, I hope we re-sign him again for multiple reasons, that he and Bennett can give Leaf fans something more to cry about is one of them.

I can see Lucic with the Panthers. A couple former Flames teammates here who love playing in Florida, Zito likes to older vets, Lucic can still kick the shut outta guys. I’m open to it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
giphy.gif

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dude looks like he is about to have a heart attack trying to keep up in the neutral zone at the pace of todays game

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Rick Dhaliwal on the Donnie and Dhal show is reporting that the Flames have given Lucic permission to talk to interested teams prior to July 1st.

We all know it happens anyway how else would You get signings announced 10 minutes after free agency opens?

But Lucic has permission so where do You think he goes?

I think Treliving brings hum to Toronto to add size to the 4th line we already know he's been talking to Muzzin about the Leafs he admitted to that in an interview he didn't on the Leafs nation youtube channel.

Where do you see Lucic going?
Back to Boston? or Retirement? where ever he goes it's gonna be a cheap short contract. Dudes out of gas

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Someone is interested

Otherwise why the permission

He is going to Seattle or Vancouver

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Vancouver or back to Boston. Either way its going to be for the League Min

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rick Dhaliwal on the Donnie and Dhal show is reporting that the Flames have given Lucic permission to talk to interested teams prior to July 1st.

We all know it happens anyway how else would You get signings announced 10 minutes after free agency opens?

But Lucic has permission so where do You think he goes?

I think Treliving brings hum to Toronto to add size to the 4th line we already know he's been talking to Muzzin about the Leafs he admitted to that in an interview he didn't on the Leafs nation youtube channel.

Where do you see Lucic going?
Home?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad