Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
too bad for loui and the team, he was starting to gel real nice with bergeron. seemed like every shift was spent in the offensive zone, cycling. hopefully it ain't too serious.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Reading some posts on the main board and a select few teams boards about the hit is making my blood boil.

Absolutely ridiculous.

MerrimackBruin*

It's all about the plane travel. From what I see, it's better to avoid plane travel shortly after a concussion. Probably has something to do with air pressure or acceleration maybe:dunno:

Right you are. It's a bleeding concern. Similar to how you can't fly after surgery. Pressure could complicate a bleed (worse case in his brain) and let's face it, a plane is not where you want to experience a medical emergency even if the flight is short.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My guess is he hadn't been released when the team left Buffalo (and they weren't going to stay and wait).

It's also likely that they didn't want him in a plane right after a hit to the head for a variety of reasons.

Pierre probably volunteered to help out-the people in the business know each other and Pierre seems the type to like having the story about hat time he helped Louie out.

Not sure about being by himself-I would think somebody from the team staff would have stayed as well but then maybe not. It didn't help that the Bruins needed to he back quick for a second half of a back to back.

Hit looked bad but who knows how bad the concussion will be or how Lon he will be out. Hopefully he doesn't miss too many games.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Loui Eriksson update: dealing with concussion-like symptoms (headache), but is expected to return to Boston today.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Loui Eriksson update: dealing with concussion-like symptoms (headache), but is expected to return to Boston today.

Good to know he is on his way home.

Hopefully his symptoms don't last long and he is back in action soon.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

Antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Could definitely be a lot worse. :)

Get well soon! Give him as much time as he needs to rest up.

Reading some posts on the main board and a select few teams boards about the hit is making my blood boil.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Defending a goon who threw an insanely dirty hit to a star crosses the line on justifying a hockey trade.

I love the "admiring his dump" argument. When you're still on your shift, you're supposed to follow your dump-in so you can get in good offensive or defensive position. Someone shouldn't be setting up for a blindside hit after he dumps the ****ing puck in the zone.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
GM Peter Chiarelli announced Eriksson diagnosed with concussion and out indefinitely according to tweet.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=688324

Boston, MA - Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following update today, October 24, regarding Loui Eriksson: "Loui traveled back to Boston from Buffalo by plane today (October 24) with a member of the Bruins medical staff. After an examination by team doctors in Boston, he has been diagnosed with a concussion and will be out indefinitely. The team will provide a further update on Loui's status when appropriate."

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am curious if Shanahan will make his decision based on how bad the injury is to Loui. Hopefully not.

I think severity of the injury is always taken into account. However I think most of the recent suspensions have involved injury (seems like one of them-kaleta's maybe-didn't involve a significant injury).

Hoping Louie has a quick recovery-concussions suck.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
****. Yet not unexpected. He's lucky he wasn't carried out on a stretcher after that hit.

Take your time Loui and come back only when you are ready.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This sucks so bad! Another Bruin out because of an idiot who should not be in the league. Nhl its time you lay down the law with these idiots. He should get at least 10 games

By the way Neely going to be on 98.5 in a couple of minutes

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
could that be any more vague of an injury update? how bad is the concussion? Indefinitely could mean he is back in a couple weeks if he feels better.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Indefinitely.. I hate that word. You never know with concussions, so frustrating for the victim and the fans. As someone said with Kronwall, could be a week. Could be a lot more.

He's able to move and was able to fly home, that's a good place to start. Let him take his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad