Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Indefinitely?! I take back my relieved Banderas gif.

:(

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
could that be any more vague of an injury update? how bad is the concussion? Indefinitely could mean he is back in a couple weeks if he feels better.

They can't tell you because with concussions you just don't know-it varies.

Crosby's concussion was described as mild and he didn't return.

Horton took longer to recover from his second concussion than his first-although looking at the hits the first one looked worse.

I think the team keeps concussion details close to the chest after he Savard and Bergeron experiences. I figure sensible know more when he comes into practices and starts to ride the bike and skate.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
The second he went down, you should have known that there will be no definite answers anytime soon. Get ready for Jordan Caron's last best chance to make it as a Bruin.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think with concussions now they don't even bother trying to estimate. The tell tale will be if the put him on IR.

If they call somebody up from Providence would they cap wise have to move him to IR?

I think before a move to IR-if the team has no news for a week it might be time to worry. Most of the concussed players who returned quickly to play were riding the bike or skating within a week of injury.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Having followed Loui since his junior days and he's never shied away from contact Always in great condition and has missed about 10 games in 8 season. I really wish you well and good luck Loui. I was happy for him to play in Boston and happy for Boston to get him as a player. I'm a guy who loves the the hardhitting and rough and tough game with many Bruins games and great players seen under so many years. I sometimes like a good fight as much as a nice pass. In Boston we have had the two toughest teams ever to play in the NHL. The Big Bad Bruins led by Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Gerry Cheevers, Johnny Bucyk, and the best fighters Derek Sanderson, Ted Green, Don Awrey, John McKenzie, Ace Bailey, Ken Hodge, Wayne Cashman and more big tough talented guys. The other team was perhaps not as taleneted but perhaps even tougher and they fought even more. Led by Terry O'Reilly one of best fighters ever, Stan Jonathan 5'8 knocked the living Daylight out 6'04 Pierre Bouchard, John Wensink, who once challenge the who North Stars bench as most of you must have seen, there were no takers, Cashman played on this along Brad Park and Darryl Edestrand, Bobby Schmautz, other big stars but no fighters Rick Middleton and Jean Ratelle. This is how you are a tough good hockey player who can fight. Bobby Orr and his gang set all kinds of scoring records and won two Stanley Cups and Always made the top two teams and were Always a playoff contender. The O'Reilly team with Don Cherry as coach. They were the toughest and biggest of bad Bruins but they also had talent to reach the Stanley Cup final in 1977, 1978 and were very Close in 1979. This team had 11 20-goalscorers in 1978. Incredible record that I think still stands. During my era as Bruins fan no team can match these two teams in talent, toughness, pride to be a Boston Bruins and in high standard. We had a very good team going in the middle to late 1980 and early 1990 led by Ray Bourque and Cam Neely. Andy Moog, Kluzak, Thelven, Galley, Sweeey, Wesley, Kasper, Middleton, Fergus, Linseman, Propp, Bob Sweeney, Burridge, Janney, Oates, Crowder, Lemelin and the tough trio of Lyndon Byers, Jay Miller and Willi Plett. But they all could play the game while being good fighters and now in 2010-2013 we have perhaps the most evenly and best team of all. We have the best goalie Tuukka Rask, we had seven top regular defensemen led by Chara and Seidenberg and two Young D's like Torey Krug and oug Hamilton.14-15 forwards no other team have starting with Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Iginla, Eriksson, Marchand, Smith, Soderberg, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, Caron, Thornton and some guys waiting. We have a tough and talented team. Yet, along comes a Pejorative Slur idiot, I mean it because I saw him coming long Before Loui clashed with the Buffalo player and sent the puck forward when that animal who has never played hockey but still managed to be signed by Buffalo management and coached by Rolston who sent him on the ice when his team was so far out of the game he could have done better putting his dog out on the ice. I am mad that we have lost a key player and some said punish the team using animals like this ****, to pay the price of first round pick or something. Maybe a good idea. In Boston it always seem to happen to many sad stories to our players from Ted Green, Bobby Orr, Norm Leveille, Gord Kluzak, Cam Neely, Marc Savard. Players who gave it all to their team the Boston Bruins. I may have forgotten many but in my and the hearts of the Bruins fan we'll remember you all guys and we pull now for Loui to first and foremost get healthy enough to be with his family and secondly come back the way Loui can and knowing how proud and happy he was coming to Boston. I wish you and your family nothing but the best and hope to see you soon on the ice with Bergy, Looch, Big Z, Tuukka and the other guys on the greatest team in the World. There are no quitters on this team and I know you deserve to be in Boston as a Bruins. In Boston people are fair, tough, talented respectful and strong. I've seen it for some 45 years myself, even though I'm not a regular citizen, I feel like one.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Hope Eriksson can make a quick and efficient recovery. Always liked him a lot as a player.

Sorry to hear you guys were the victim of an inevitable star player injury at the hands of a useless dirty player.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Lou's gonna be ok. Come back after the Olympic break nice and fresh, we'll have him for the playoffs. Rest up Lou, the other guys got this.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
The last time Loui had a concussion, he was out for only two games. Hoping for a similar recovery in this case. Bruins are lucky to have depth for his position though.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Who's the next Bruin to go down with another concussion? Smith? Krug? Bergeron again?

Unbelievable, this team has such **** luck when it comes to concussions, every team has players that have had concussions, but no team seems to have worse luck than the B's.

Pisses me off how some no talent neanderthal like Scott can play what, 4 minutes a game? And he ends up knocking out our star, BS...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Having followed Loui since his junior days and he's never shied away from contact Always in great condition and has missed about 10 games in 8 season. I really wish you well and good luck Loui. I was happy for him to play in Boston and happy for Boston to get him as a player. I'm a guy who loves the the hardhitting and rough and tough game with many Bruins games and great players seen under so many years. I sometimes like a good fight as much as a nice pass. In Boston we have had the two toughest teams ever to play in the NHL. The Big Bad Bruins led by Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Gerry Cheevers, Johnny Bucyk, and the best fighters Derek Sanderson, Ted Green, Don Awrey, John McKenzie, Ace Bailey, Ken Hodge, Wayne Cashman and more big tough talented guys. The other team was perhaps not as taleneted but perhaps even tougher and they fought even more. Led by Terry O'Reilly one of best fighters ever, Stan Jonathan 5'8 knocked the living Daylight out 6'04 Pierre Bouchard, John Wensink, who once challenge the who North Stars bench as most of you must have seen, there were no takers, Cashman played on this along Brad Park and Darryl Edestrand, Bobby Schmautz, other big stars but no fighters Rick Middleton and Jean Ratelle. This is how you are a tough good hockey player who can fight. Bobby Orr and his gang set all kinds of scoring records and won two Stanley Cups and Always made the top two teams and were Always a playoff contender. The O'Reilly team with Don Cherry as coach. They were the toughest and biggest of bad Bruins but they also had talent to reach the Stanley Cup final in 1977, 1978 and were very Close in 1979. This team had 11 20-goalscorers in 1978. Incredible record that I think still stands. During my era as Bruins fan no team can match these two teams in talent, toughness, pride to be a Boston Bruins and in high standard. We had a very good team going in the middle to late 1980 and early 1990 led by Ray Bourque and Cam Neely. Andy Moog, Kluzak, Thelven, Galley, Sweeey, Wesley, Kasper, Middleton, Fergus, Linseman, Propp, Bob Sweeney, Burridge, Janney, Oates, Crowder, Lemelin and the tough trio of Lyndon Byers, Jay Miller and Willi Plett. But they all could play the game while being good fighters and now in 2010-2013 we have perhaps the most evenly and best team of all. We have the best goalie Tuukka Rask, we had seven top regular defensemen led by Chara and Seidenberg and two Young D's like Torey Krug and oug Hamilton.14-15 forwards no other team have starting with Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Iginla, Eriksson, Marchand, Smith, Soderberg, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, Caron, Thornton and some guys waiting. We have a tough and talented team. Yet, along comes a Pejorative Slur idiot, I mean it because I saw him coming long Before Loui clashed with the Buffalo player and sent the puck forward when that animal who has never played hockey but still managed to be signed by Buffalo management and coached by Rolston who sent him on the ice when his team was so far out of the game he could have done better putting his dog out on the ice. I am mad that we have lost a key player and some said punish the team using animals like this ****, to pay the price of first round pick or something. Maybe a good idea. In Boston it always seem to happen to many sad stories to our players from Ted Green, Bobby Orr, Norm Leveille, Gord Kluzak, Cam Neely, Marc Savard. Players who gave it all to their team the Boston Bruins. I may have forgotten many but in my and the hearts of the Bruins fan we'll remember you all guys and we pull now for Loui to first and foremost get healthy enough to be with his family and secondly come back the way Loui can and knowing how proud and happy he was coming to Boston. I wish you and your family nothing but the best and hope to see you soon on the ice with Bergy, Looch, Big Z, Tuukka and the other guys on the greatest team in the World. There are no quitters on this team and I know you deserve to be in Boston as a Bruins. In Boston people are fair, tough, talented respectful and strong. I've seen it for some 45 years myself, even though I'm not a regular citizen, I feel like one.

Please repost using paragraphs. You put a lot of time into this post, I'm sure you'd like people to read it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
After watching multiple videos on this hit, my thought is Scott went for a big hit, caught Loui in the head, and should be suspended for a bad outcome of a decision made with good intentions.

Can't blame a guy going out there trying to do his job. Buffalo acquired him as a deterrent after what happened with Miller. His job is to be a physical spark. It just didn't work out the way he intended.

So suspend him obviously, but I highly doubt that hit had any kind of malice in it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Having followed Loui since his junior days and he's never shied away from contact Always in great condition and has missed about 10 games in 8 season. I really wish you well and good luck Loui. I was happy for him to play in Boston and happy for Boston to get him as a player. I'm a guy who loves the the hardhitting and rough and tough game with many Bruins games and great players seen under so many years. I sometimes like a good fight as much as a nice pass.

In Boston we have had the two toughest teams ever to play in the NHL. The Big Bad Bruins led by Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Gerry Cheevers, Johnny Bucyk, and the best fighters Derek Sanderson, Ted Green, Don Awrey, John McKenzie, Ace Bailey, Ken Hodge, Wayne Cashman and more big tough talented guys. The other team was perhaps not as taleneted but perhaps even tougher and they fought even more. Led by Terry O'Reilly one of best fighters ever, Stan Jonathan 5'8 knocked the living Daylight out 6'04 Pierre Bouchard, John Wensink, who once challenge the who North Stars bench as most of you must have seen, there were no takers, Cashman played on this along Brad Park and Darryl Edestrand, Bobby Schmautz, other big stars but no fighters Rick Middleton and Jean Ratelle. This is how you are a tough good hockey player who can fight. Bobby Orr and his gang set all kinds of scoring records and won two Stanley Cups and Always made the top two teams and were Always a playoff contender. The O'Reilly team with Don Cherry as coach. They were the toughest and biggest of bad Bruins but they also had talent to reach the Stanley Cup final in 1977, 1978 and were very Close in 1979. This team had 11 20-goalscorers in 1978.

Incredible record that I think still stands. During my era as Bruins fan no team can match these two teams in talent, toughness, pride to be a Boston Bruins and in high standard. We had a very good team going in the middle to late 1980 and early 1990 led by Ray Bourque and Cam Neely. Andy Moog, Kluzak, Thelven, Galley, Sweeey, Wesley, Kasper, Middleton, Fergus, Linseman, Propp, Bob Sweeney, Burridge, Janney, Oates, Crowder, Lemelin and the tough trio of Lyndon Byers, Jay Miller and Willi Plett. But they all could play the game while being good fighters and now in 2010-2013 we have perhaps the most evenly and best team of all. We have the best goalie Tuukka Rask, we had seven top regular defensemen led by Chara and Seidenberg and two Young D's like Torey Krug and oug Hamilton.14-15 forwards no other team have starting with Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Iginla, Eriksson, Marchand, Smith, Soderberg, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, Caron, Thornton and some guys waiting. We have a tough and talented team. Yet, along comes a Pejorative Slur idiot, I mean it because I saw him coming long Before Loui clashed with the Buffalo player and sent the puck forward when that animal who has never played hockey but still managed to be signed by Buffalo management and coached by Rolston who sent him on the ice when his team was so far out of the game he could have done better putting his dog out on the ice.

I am mad that we have lost a key player and some said punish the team using animals like this ****, to pay the price of first round pick or something. Maybe a good idea. In Boston it always seem to happen to many sad stories to our players from Ted Green, Bobby Orr, Norm Leveille, Gord Kluzak, Cam Neely, Marc Savard. Players who gave it all to their team the Boston Bruins. I may have forgotten many but in my and the hearts of the Bruins fan we'll remember you all guys and we pull now for Loui to first and foremost get healthy enough to be with his family and secondly come back the way Loui can and knowing how proud and happy he was coming to Boston. I wish you and your family nothing but the best and hope to see you soon on the ice with Bergy, Looch, Big Z, Tuukka and the other guys on the greatest team in the World. There are no quitters on this team and I know you deserve to be in Boston as a Bruins. In Boston people are fair, tough, talented respectful and strong. I've seen it for some 45 years myself, even though I'm not a regular citizen, I feel like one.

Please repost using paragraphs. You put a lot of time into this post, I'm sure you'd like people to read it.

Managed to do this without breaking a sweat.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We are really screwed this really hurts. Iginla has lost a step just like Jagr Loui was our best winger after Lucic. Huge loss.

I like guys like Smith and Caron in smaller roles not Loui's.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Pens fan coming in peace. John Scott deserves 15-20 for that hit. There was no reason to even hit the guy.

Won't be surprised if he gets extra games for late hit as well as targeting the head, and principle point of contact being the head. He's got all three signs of a BS hit going against him here. Garbage.

Hope Loui is back relatively soon for you guys and does not suffer any lingering effects.

Whoever said Scott should be forced to suit up and play for 30 minutes a night was almost right... but you just can't have that ****er out there. He'll just make it a point to knock more skilled players out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad