Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
Anyone know if this is indicative of a particular bad concussion? Naturally nobody expected him to be fine with his appearance after the hit, so I guess I'm asking if this necessarily means the concussion is of a certain degree?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Chiarelli said it's precautionary so hopefully it's just that and they're being extra careful. If it's a minor or mild concussion, then it's probably better to let him get a good night's rest then to hop on a plane and travel right away.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anyone know if this is indicative of a particular bad concussion? Naturally nobody expected him to be fine with his appearance after the hit, so I guess I'm asking if this necessarily means the concussion is of a certain degree?

No it is simply the right thing to do. There was absolutely no reason to put him on a plane tonight, so leave him where he is, and have him travel when the doctors feel the time is right

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
The bruins brass has some experience with concussions. I'm thinking even if loui was ready for jäger bombs and strippers they'd keep him behind to be safe.

FrizzleFry22

Apr 6, 2010
San Jose
That was a disgusting hit, but it's hard to feel sympathy for Bruins fans. I just can't do it.

Nice...

Loui was my favorite Star and is now my favorite Bruin.
Horrible news, hope he gets better.
I was looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow for the first time as a Bruin against the Sharks. :(

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been reported that Eriksson has a concussion (and if it has been, I apologize, I haven't seen it mentioned by the regular beat writers on twitter), so we should probably refrain from that until we know it for sure. It's a fair thing to assume to be certain, but the hit was low enough on his cheek that it could really be anything. There's a lot of moving parts on that part of the face.

It did look good that he was turning his head around while being helped off the ice...so that was at least a good sign. I'd be shocked if we see him tomorrow against San Jose...but we likely wouldn't know anything until he's back in Boston.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Don't worry, he will get suspended for 9 games, and he will come back on the 15th for a little meeting with our sheriff and his deputies.

Hope it's nothing serious

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/status/393230715745095680
Peter Chiarelli: "Loui Eriksson is staying behind in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He's expected to return to Boston on Thursday"
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=688236
Buffalo, NY - Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following update after the Bruins/Sabres game on Wednesday, October 23, regarding Loui Eriksson: "Loui is staying overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He is expected to return to Boston on Thursday."

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been reported that Eriksson has a concussion (and if it has been, I apologize, I haven't seen it mentioned by the regular beat writers on twitter), so we should probably refrain from that until we know it for sure. It's a fair thing to assume to be certain, but the hit was low enough on his cheek that it could really be anything. There's a lot of moving parts on that part of the face.

It did look good that he was turning his head around while being helped off the ice...so that was at least a good sign. I'd be shocked if we see him tomorrow against San Jose...but we likely wouldn't know anything until he's back in Boston.

My thoughts (although hopeful at the very least) were the same, he wasn't laying on the ice not knowing what was going on. He looked like he had a collarbone issue IMO.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My guess is they didn't want to put him on an airplane just yet. My guess is he has some concussion symptoms but want to make sure there is nothing more serious before putting him in the air.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hope Lou is ok, and that this lights an even bigger fire in the boy's bellies.

Also I hope the league decides to make this 10, and the next guy 15, and the next guy 20. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad