Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol!...I remember apologists for this ridiculous UFA signing opining that the Canucks were getting a legitimate '39-goal scorer' in the first three years of his contract, but might have to live with some 'slippage' in the final three years.

So the first three years are coming to end.....as for the rest, do we really want to find out?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Lol!...I remember apologists for this ridiculous UFA signing opining that the Canucks were getting a legitimate '39-goal scorer' in the first three years of his contract, but might have to live with some 'slippage' in the final three years.

So the first three years are coming to end.....as for the rest, do we really want to find out?

Out of a 6 year contract the Canucks will not even get one decent season out of this stiff. He has been bad from day one when he scored in his own goal.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I just think Eriksson hates playing hockey now, its like he only "show up" to the rink because he is contractually obligated to. He apparently is the first off the ice at practices, he looks like he is just going through the motion in games, and the odd times he score he doesn't even celebrate. To me, he knows he sucks and the fanbase is against him, and he doesn't want to be here. The only reason he is here is the millions he has yet to collect.
Its only going to get worse, which is pretty hard to imagine.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Another subpar year for the Canucks. That's 3 years in a row now. In this case, it should be 3 strikes and you're bought out.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Another subpar year for the Canucks. That's 3 years in a row now. In this case, it should be 3 strikes and you're bought out.

A buyout makes no sense. The cap hit + minimum wage cap hit of a replacement player will be more expensive than just keeping Eriksson on the roster.

I'd say just send him to Utica and free up $900k of cap space. Let him ride the bus if he doesn't want to retire.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Eriksson needs to be healthy scratched this season to show him that this team is fed up with his lacklustre play and poor efforts. Maybe he considers retiring in the offseason if he knows he’s gonna be in the press box next season or possibly sent to Utica

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This dude is some sort of genius in my opinion. I don't know how he's managed to be such a spectacular failure while not only avoiding criticism, but also being basically invisible more generally. It's like he's Jedi Mind Tricked© the entire damn city or something. He virtually never gets interviewed, apparently doesn't have to practice, and has effectively never been criticized by the coaching staff or management in my recollection. Meanwhile, he's played himself further and further down the line-up until he's a total afterthought. Brilliant.

And anytime he's brought up it seems like the media are all like "well ... he's got like 105 kids and has had a hard time adjusting to Vancouver."

Reactions: MikeK

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pratt is about as informed and intelligent as the benning bros on here. This isn’t shocking.
Yeah i dont think i will ever listen to anything this David Pratt ever says again. Brutal brutal take. BRUTAL

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Usually signings like this get GM's fired, but in our case a lot of people prefer to just ignore this.

It has been lightly talked about but this player has taken no where near the heat he should be taking. Sure he is older and slower but he is also the first guy off the ice at every practice while the young guys stay and work on things. That's the veteran leadership Benning thinks is so important.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Check out nhl.com PPG for Canucks players. Eriksson is 14th but exclude Gagner Gaunce and Spooner as theyve played less than 10 games so not really able to compare em.

Eriksson is 11th on the team is PPG. 11th

He is paid the most. Dropping 10 spots due to his PKing???? YIKES

I agree with @y2kcanucks bench him, send him to Utica before next season starts or as soon as the contract allows. If he doesnt like it wtf cares...

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Check out nhl.com PPG for Canucks players. Eriksson is 14th but exclude Gagner Gaunce and Spooner as theyve played less than 10 games so not really able to compare em.

I agree with @y2kcanucks bench him, send him to Utica before next season starts or as soon as the contract allows. If he doesnt like it wtf cares...

Absolutely. Press box or Utica for him next year. Who even mildly cares if he doesn't like it. Canucks need the spot in the line up.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007

Benching him also sends a message to the young players that if your not productive and not putting in the extra time and work then your not gonna play.

Loui is the perfect guy to send this message with and now is the right time. This is the 3rd season of the same garbage play and effort from Loui

Reactions: Pavel96

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benching him also sends a message to the young players that if your not productive and not putting in the extra time and work then your not gonna play.

Loui is the perfect guy to send this message with and now is the right time. This is the 3rd season of the same garbage play and effort from Loui
I wonder if its already setting a bad message to young players who see this veteran $6 million dollar man sucking ass out there yet still plays every game and gets thrown on the PP2 almost 100% of the time

As crappy as Gudbransons attitude was here maybe hes right his comments he said when he first played for Pittsburgh about an attitude change there that motivates or whatever

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I too would like to steal 36M from Franky the trust fund baby. :nod:

This is fair. Perhaps what we should really be doing is giving Eriksson credit for a sweet con job.

Maybe Benning was in on it? Juicy kick back?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This is fair. Perhaps what we should really be doing is giving Eriksson credit for a sweet con job.

Maybe Benning was in on it? Juicy kick back?

Another possibility, Loui Eriksson's salary could very well be paid from a non-Aquilini owned source like the NHL or NHLPA or whatever.

The fact that there is absolutely zero scrutiny on Loui despite the fact he is 100% ass says something on its own.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I wonder if there is more to the story that we’ll likely never know. He really does seem to be going through the motions. The Canucks should be pissed...but don’t seem to be?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I wonder if there is more to the story that we’ll likely never know. He really does seem to be going through the motions. The Canucks should be pissed...but don’t seem to be?

They don't want to bring any attention to how badly the team ****'d up that summer so they seem to just live like theirs a ghost in their house that they've just accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad