Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
With Eriksson checking out, I wonder how likely it is that he'll just retire after cashing in his final big bonus cheque on July 1? He'll have $9M owing to him the remaining 3 years after collecting $27M already. Especially if we were to send him down to Utica.

Reactions: pomorick

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
With Eriksson checking out, I wonder how likely it is that he'll just retire after cashing in his final big bonus cheque on July 1? He'll have $9M owing to him the remaining 3 years after collecting $27M already. Especially if we were to send him down to Utica.

~$50MM of career earnings after getting that bonus on July 1, I can see it him tapping out.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Is it weird that
  • Kesler wanted out
  • Luo wanted out
  • Vrbata checked out
  • CHiggs checked out
  • Burr checked out
  • Dorsett checked out
  • Sedins wanted out
  • Hammer checked out
  • Prust checked out
  • Gud checked out
  • Loui checked out
?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dare him by sending him to Utica in the fall. Don’t Gagner him and let him play elsewhere.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Wishful thinking but that would be aweosme. Also Eriksson should’ve been in Utica for the past two seasons.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
How many have retired leaving that kind of money behind? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Kovalchuk left the devils but he did so to get PAID in russia. Loui ain't getting paid if he quits.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
No idea how we get him off the books at this point, buying him out doesn't solve any money issues, no one is interested in acquiring him as a non-negative asset. I think we're stuck with him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The thing I've noticed about Eriksson is that he just isn't a very good skater. And as the league has transitioned to a faster and more skilled game, he's become less and less effective.

Even in his heyday seasons when he was putting up 30 goals, most of them were six feet in front of the net. And he had a succession of skilled centers who were getting him the puck in prime areas.

Right now the guy is barely getting a single decent chance every three games, and dropped down the fourth line with Beagle, his scoring has completely died on the vine.

Three more years of this is going to be difficult to stomach.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
As bad as Eriksson has been, it seems like the best option for the Canucks may be to simply let him play out the remainder of his contract as the #13 forward on the team.

"Press Box Loui" has a nice ring, don'tcha think?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The thing I've noticed about Eriksson is that he just isn't a very good skater. And as the league has transitioned to a faster and more skilled game, he's become less and less effective.

Even in his heyday seasons when he was putting up 30 goals, most of them were six feet in front of the net. And he had a succession of skilled centers who were getting him the puck in prime areas.

Actually, mostly rebounds on the Boston PP.

In Dallas he had seasons where he was actually pushing the play.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I wouldn't be too hard on Pratt....he's made a living from soaking up other people's opinions and then regurgitating them on cue. So with respect to Eriksson, somebody else must have put him up to it.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
What happens if a player thinks Ive got enough in the bank and walks away from the rest of his contract.We can scratch him,send him to Utica or whatever it takes to make him uncomfortable enough to say f**k it Im done.

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Naslund leave the Rangers with a year left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad