Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I guess we
a) don't want this year's 1st
b) are trading him for Lucic (or similar)
c) retaining 50%
d) folding the team
The thing is me2 is hes not even playing acceptable anymore. Before he was just not playing to his contract, a good defensive PK kind a guy. Now hes just invisible, flubs the puck and is even more invisible then ever

No way hed make the lineup of Tampa Boston Winnipeg Calgary or the Sharks yet Coach Green REFUSES to bench his crappy disgusting arse :rant:

Reactions: moog35

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i would rather have Gagner on the team.

Goes to the minors next year IMO.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
i would rather have Gagner on the team.

Goes to the minors next year IMO.

What does that achieve other than frighten off Jim's next batch of Foundational UFAs. Actually that might be a great thing but unfortunately we aren't sending him down until October if we ever do, so the next Foundationals will still sign in July.

Even if you do send him down, you only get $1m back and it will cost you at least that to get a bargain bin replacement for him. You end up in the same cap hole.

Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sometimes you have to check the box score to ensure you eyes didn't deceive you and that he was actually on the ice. Somehow, some way the Canucks have to move on from Eriksson. He's becoming a lightning rod for everything that's gone wrong with this team.

When you look at all the money the Canucks have available on July 1st, it strikes dread into your very bones. Maybe Jimbo has learned something from this disastrous UFA signing, but probably not.

Reactions: Nomobo

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
It really is a piss-off hearing that Eriksson is quite frequently the first guy off of the ice in practice. The highest paid player on the team is not only is he invisible during games, but he's disappeared during practice too. This guy was supposed to be a role model to the young crew such as Pettersson, but not in a negative way. Send him to the minors, bite the bullet and take yours loss, Eriksson is a dud.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
What does that achieve other than frighten off Jim's next batch of Foundational UFAs. Actually that might be a great thing but unfortunately we aren't sending him down until October if we ever do, so the next Foundationals will still sign in July.

Even if you do send him down, you only get $1m back and it will cost you at least that to get a bargain bin replacement for him. You end up in the same cap hole.

Who cares, get this useless stiff going through the motions out of here and out of sight.
Does anyone want to watch three more years of this player?

I go back to the beginning and he is right up there with Messier as my most hated Canuck of all time.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Just speculating.

After paying his bonus his cap hit stays at 6mil but the team owes him "just" 5 / 4 / 4 million for the final 3 years. Could a team like Ottawa want him after the bonus has been paid, so they can get to the cap floor while saving 1 / 2 / 2 mil in actual cash?

Obviously would cost us prospects / picks etc.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Just speculating.

After paying his bonus his cap hit stays at 6mil but the team owes him "just" 5 / 4 / 4 million for the final 3 years. Could a team like Ottawa want him after the bonus has been paid, so they can get to the cap floor while saving 1 / 2 / 2 mil in actual cash?

Obviously would cost us prospects / picks etc.

Our best option is just bury him in Utica next year, save 925k and use that savings to give someone else an opportunity. Hopefully he capitulates and just retires, because as it stands now, he's playing like someone who has already retired.

Reactions: sting101

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Our best option is just bury him in Utica next year, save 925k and use that savings to give someone else an opportunity. Hopefully he capitulates and just retires, because as it stands now, he's playing like someone who has already retired.
Doesn’t he have a NMC? I doubt he would waive it to go to Utica. The following year he only has a limited NTC so then it’s an option.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Doesn’t he have a NMC? I doubt he would waive it to go to Utica. The following year he only has a limited NTC so then it’s an option.

NMC ended at the end of last year. Just a normal NTC this year and next, then modified NTC final 2 (still awful).

Reactions: Slads

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Hes pretty much given up...

I dont know what to say I feel like the effort isnt even there. If a gm offers u a fat contract, cant fault him for taking it but hes not giving it his 100%

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Botch and Pat again reported Loui was off the ice first. EVERYONE else stayed for extra work except him.

He is so done with hockey. Still expect him to play out the rest of his contract.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Botch and Pat again reported Loui was off the ice first. EVERYONE else stayed for extra work except him.

He is so done with hockey. Still expect him to play out the rest of his contract.

It's almost like nearly his entire salary was paid out to him on June 1 and he doesn't have any motivation to collect a paycheque now.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Completely agree. He deserves it and there is no way this team can afford to part with picks and prospects to move him.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Ah too bad.

Then park him in the press box indefinately and let someone like MacEwen play on the 4th line next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad