Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello will not be Leafs GM next season - moves into Senior Advisor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The rule forcing teams to give up picks for front office staff was beyond stupid. But so would not hiring a person you wanted because of that rule.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I’m actually not so sure. I’d say Shanny seems to have taken that lesson from Lou - hence no leaks about the firing of Lou or about who his successor will be

yah but Babcock visiting Matty (even though hes 'vacationing" in Arizona?) that is so a leak

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Would you like to buy this bridge I have?

Common man. Just read his responses to me questioning. Obviously he's just making stuff up in the hopes that he's proven vaguely true to sound smart on the internet. It's very transparent. He said he had no sources and implied he just knows it, then when I said he made it up, he gave vague sources, then he called it a hunch, and none of it made any sense.

You're spending a lot of time worrying about what I know or don't. Just try adding to the discussion, and don't let it trigger you.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The rule forcing teams to give up picks for front office staff was beyond stupid. But so would not hiring a person you wanted because of that rule.
It's dumb. It affects guys employment that are getting far less than the players.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
yah but Babcock visiting Matty (even though hes 'vacationing" in Arizona?) that is so a leak

is it really a leak?. Heres a scenario after an press conference off the record someone says to babs "what are you doing this off season?" he says "going to Arizona to visit a friend (the owner of the spkane chiefs)" media being a small world info gets to Kypreos who invents a story (he has been wrong many times) bam here we are. There are so many ways to find out babs is taking a vacation in Arizona, maybe Mckenzie go the info from the Spokane Chiefs owner?.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I imagine it will go, maybe not.
I never understood why fans cared so much about it.
It’s not so much that I can about it but the players might. This ain’t the army, of a guy feels better about growing a moustache or beard let him make the choice.

Besides, Willy was looking beyond dreamy with a playoff beard. Nohomo

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It’s not so much that I can about it but the players might. This ain’t the army, of a guy feels better about growing a moustache or beard let him make the choice.

im not sure there is something I hate more than this stupid caveat people add these days. It is so f***ing ridiculous.

You may be using as like a joke/sarcastic thing but some people genuinely use it after anything these days

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC

noooooo, he looked really bad with a beard. do not force my eyes to see that again.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I've never heard a player complain about it in any sport.
If they did, IMO they have screwed up priorities and the Team is better off without them.
Me first guys rarely workout in Team environments.

I didn't notice whether Nylander had a beard or not.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So Sportsnet reporting that Lou will not stay on as an adviser. I wonder what happened for Shanny to push him out of the seat knowing he would leave the organization if he did? Too scared to lose Dubas knowing Lou will only be here likely for under 5 years and Dubas has many years? Disagreement of how they should proceed from this point in the rebuild and Lou wants to go somewhere he has full control of his moves and won't answer to someone?

I could go on but for sure there is a reason here. Lou has done a good job, it's sad he will leave before he does the big 3's deal and addresses the defense. I think he is the best guy for both of those things.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So Sportsnet reporting that Lou will not stay on as an adviser. I wonder what happened for Shanny to push him out of the seat knowing he would leave the organization if he did? Too scared to lose Dubas knowing Lou will only be here likely for under 5 years and Dubas has many years? Disagreement of how they should proceed from this point in the rebuild and Lou wants to go somewhere he has full control of his moves and won't answer to someone?

I could go on but for sure there is a reason here. Lou has done a good job, it's sad he will leave before he does the big 3's deal and addresses the defense. I think he is the best guy for both of those things.
Lou had his chance to address the D. He did it by signing Ron Hainsey and giving Zaistev a horrendous 7 year contract after only playing 1 season and had his points total padded by top PP time. They had the assets to make a trade. Would have been great to try and deal something around JVR + for Vatanen. Maybe he tried, but we'll never know. He also could have tried to pick up someone like Nate Schmidt.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Overall, I don't think Lou did a very good job.

edit: oh ya! Dubas baby!

very happy with this new if it turns out to be true!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Will the stupid shaving requirement go with Lou?
I hope so, it’s so dumb

It's not that dumb. Sometimes people have to keep a neat appearance for certain jobs. Not an outrageous request. A GM is allowed to dictate what kind of image the team should have. Is it really that important to have the freedom to grow a ZZTOP beard or shave a mohawk?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Who is this?

id honestly believe this more if you posted it here.

No offence to you but that is a twitter account that can not be legit. they have made an educated guess

edit: 163 followers posting exclusives. Hockeyyyinsiderrr had 1000's

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Why do people post tweets from a twitter account with less than 200 followers lmao...

"Twitter for The Rival Sports, a sports blog by fans for the fans."

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
id honestly believe this more if you posted it here.

No offence to you but that is a twitter account that can not be legit. they have made an educated guess

edit: 163 followers posting exclusives. Hockeyyyinsiderrr had 1000's
If I posted it you could gaurantee it to be true.

Reactions: diceman934
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad