Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello will not be Leafs GM next season - moves into Senior Advisor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He will be gone right along with Lou if Dubas is named GM.

Why would Lou be gone if Dubas was named GM? Lou might leave to the Islanders but that has nothing to do with Dubas. The plan was always Lou stays on to advise the next GM.

The Hunter stuff seems like a lot of speculation too.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh well, Lou wasn't going to be around forever. Whoever walks, walks. Life goes on. Sounds kinda baby-ish to me anyway

very, we hire Dubas as GM so maybe we need to find a new head scout there are plenty more out there. None of prospects outside of 1st round picks have jumped up in quality you'd expect if you had a super scout in charge. Little bit early but starting to think Hunter is getting pretty overrated as a scout. Dermott actually he does seem to have exceeded expectations other than that Grundstrom is trending toward a middle 6 forward pretty much what was expected.

We lose a really good head scout due to not giving him a promotion so be it, we would lose him as a scout anyway if he became GM. GM cant scout as much as a head scout would need to

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
people keep saying this.
Brendan Pridham has been the one who did all the contracts. that's his job. I'm pretty sure he could handle doing Marner, Matthews and Nylander's contracts too.

I was under the understanding that Brandon advises what the team can afford and possibly what the market rate is, and the GM does the actual negotiating where sometimes you get them on a good deal (Kadri, Rielly) and sometimes you have to pay a premium (Zaitsev) as not everything works out on paper.

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
That's complete speculation.
And BTW, Dubas might be gone if Hunter is named GM. No one seems to argue that. 2 NHl teams already wanted Dubas as GM.

For real. If Hunter is hired, the Leafs will lose Dubas (someones gonna hire him). If Dubas is hired, the Leafs lose Hunter (apparently? According to "sources").

The thing is, if Hunter is hired, Dubas will probably leave eventually...AND they lose their scouting expert cause Hunter wont be able to be a GM and run the Scouting department at the same time!

Thats why I think Dubas is hired as GM. And they take the chance that Hunter is a big baby and walks if it happens...

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Why would Lou be gone if Dubas was named GM? Lou might leave to the Islanders but that has nothing to do with Dubas. The plan was always Lou stays on to advise the next GM.

The Hunter stuff seems like a lot of speculation too.

It all a bunch of media quaffle....pure, and I mean pure speculation.

Hunter loves beating the bushes and being an arena rank, he couldn't do that much as GM.
Why hasn't AZ or COL when hunting for a GM, ask for Hunter instead of Dubas.
Yes, Captain obvious' Hunter does have a better resume, and of course the oh so progressive
hockey men, would always choose Dubas:sarcasm:

Hunter, like his brother doesn't want to go to far away from the Knights.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
geez, so many people on here have inside info on the Leafs. Hunter would leave if Dubas got the job? im pretty sure Dubas has more GM history than Hunter anyways so I'll take the better GM anyways.. even if he's younger.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I can't see Hunter going to any other NHl team. Anyone see what other organizations are paying GMs?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I thought Dubas was hired by Arizona months ago...

Am I losing it or...?

They hired a businessman who happened to run a stats website, people compare the two because they're both young but completely ignore the chasm in hockey experience between the two.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
That's complete speculation.
And BTW, Dubas might be gone if Hunter is named GM. No one seems to argue that. 2 NHl teams already wanted Dubas as GM.
No it is not complete sepeculation at all on my part I said this a long time ago long before any media said anything about it.

Dubas may leave if Hunter gets the G M job I have no idea about that but I know for certain that Hunter will not stay if Dubas gets the job.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
geez, so many people on here have inside info on the Leafs. Hunter would leave if Dubas got the job? im pretty sure Dubas has more GM history than Hunter anyways so I'll take the better GM anyways.. even if he's younger.
You would be wrong as Hunter has more.

I have stated that I would like neither as our next GM but if it is one of them then Hunter for me easily as he has far more to offer.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
For real. If Hunter is hired, the Leafs will lose Dubas (someones gonna hire him). If Dubas is hired, the Leafs lose Hunter (apparently? According to "sources").

The thing is, if Hunter is hired, Dubas will probably leave eventually...AND they lose their scouting expert cause Hunter wont be able to be a GM and run the Scouting department at the same time!

Thats why I think Dubas is hired as GM. And they take the chance that Hunter is a big baby and walks if it happens...
So if Dubas leaves he is not a baby but if Hunter leaves he is a baby.

Hunter left the team he owns not to be a scout but to become the Leafs next GM. He can go back and run the team he owns and calling him a baby because he does not want to work under a person who is younger and has less experience than him does not make him a baby it makes him a person looking out for himself.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
All these talks about Hunter would leave if Dubas is GM....
Hunter was running his Knights team, as he is the owner/CEO. What if Shanny is grooming Hunter to take his place while Lou is doing the same to Dubas? That's something we don't know.
Or Hunter just doesn't want the paper work of being a GM, but prefer to fly around in a private jet, or being driven around in a limo to watch hockey games while getting paid like a GM.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I like how much the older generation thinks that there's no way a younger person can be a better choice than the older, and that it's a reason to quit if you do have a younger boss

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Pay Poile. We have the offense he could never put together in Nashville already in house. Pay his *** to come build the defense and finish the job.

Reactions: Daisy Jane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad