Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello will not be Leafs GM next season - moves into Senior Advisor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So you do have sources? Well I asked you for them and you wouldn't say and called it a hunch.... Don't blame me.

Do you believe that if anyone had sources, that they would be dumb enough to out them? They'd immediately lose access to all future info. You never out your sources.

That being said... sit and wait.... maybe he's got sources, and maybe they get it right... because sometimes sources don't always get it right, or situations change.

But, just treat it like rumour for now, and if it comes to fruition, you'll know that perhaps in the future, you can trust a poster and their sources a little more.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
McKenzie backed this story up on overdrive yesterday.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he bolts to the Islanders to run the entire org for the same reasons he left NJ. Doesn't want to be some powerless advisor while theres still gas left in the tank.
He's accomplished everything they wanted him to in toronto so his signing should be viewed as a huge success. Its time for the next phase of this operation: Signing the next long term GM.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
The absolute stupid thing is we had to pay a 3rd round pick for both Lamoriello and Babcock's services. Now we have Lou on contract for 3 or 4 more years, and he'll likely walk away for free...

What a joke.

Reactions: Menzinger

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
McKenzie backed this story up on overdrive yesterday.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he bolts to the Islanders to run the entire org for the same reasons he left NJ. Doesn't want to be some powerless advisor while theres still gas left in the tank.
He's accomplished everything they wanted him to in toronto so his signing should be viewed as a huge success. Its time for the next phase of this operation: Signing the next long term GM.

Yeah agreed. He's as good as gone
Probably time for a new direction in a way too. Different approach

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah agreed. He's as good as gone
Probably time for a new direction in a way too. Different approach
Lou is American and while Toronto is not far from NY, it's still not the USA. Many years in Jersey and the Islander's are just closer. Plus his son is with the organization. Many factors to consider at the age of 75.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Do you believe that if anyone had sources, that they would be dumb enough to out them? They'd immediately lose access to all future info. You never out your sources.

That being said... sit and wait.... maybe he's got sources, and maybe they get it right... because sometimes sources don't always get it right, or situations change.

But, just treat it like rumour for now, and if it comes to fruition, you'll know that perhaps in the future, you can trust a poster and their sources a little more.

Would you like to buy this bridge I have?

Common man. Just read his responses to me questioning. Obviously he's just making stuff up in the hopes that he's proven vaguely true to sound smart on the internet. It's very transparent. He said he had no sources and implied he just knows it, then when I said he made it up, he gave vague sources, then he called it a hunch, and none of it made any sense.

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The absolute stupid thing is we had to pay a 3rd round pick for both Lamoriello and Babcock's services. Now we have Lou on contract for 3 or 4 more years, and he'll likely walk away for free...

What a joke.
Yeah we got boned on that rule and when it changed.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017

What a joke.

I know right? Just think of where this organization would be if we had kept that 3rd round pick. Probably would have been still playing hockey in the Eastern Conf Finals. Basically gave away a cup in exchange for Lou.. and now we are just tossing him to the curb.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Would you like to buy this bridge I have?

Common man. Just read his responses to me questioning. Obviously he's just making stuff up in the hopes that he's proven vaguely true to sound smart on the internet. It's very transparent. He said he had no sources and implied he just knows it, then when I said he made it up, he gave vague sources, then he called it a hunch, and none of it made any sense.

I'm not that common, I'm actually quite rare.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I know right? Just think of where this organization would be if we had kept that 3rd round pick. Probably would have been still playing hockey in the Eastern Conf Finals. Basically gave away a cup in exchange for Lou.. and now we are just tossing him to the curb.

Oh come on, no need to be a prick.

A 3rd round pick could be nothing, it could be an elite player... Regardless, its a nice asset to have.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

What a joke.
sure those 2 picks will destroy our future..your post is a joke

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'd rather have Lou Lam and Babcock.

Oh sure, I'm not complaining we had to give up the picks... Its that we no longer get one if our management team leaves us... It was a joke the league implemented the rule for only a season.

I'm no complaining about losing those picks... but okay... be a prick as well...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Oh come on, no need to be a prick.

A 3rd round pick could be nothing, it could be an elite player... Regardless, its a nice asset to have.
Say there are 2 players you like still on the board.
One could be a solid NHL player and the other isn't. Which one do you pick?
You have a choice of Dermott or Neilsen and one pick.
No those extra picks don't always turn out but I guarantee you won't get the chance if you don't have them.
Start depleting your organization and you will fail at some point.
See the years we had Kessel and nothing to put with him. And we spent assets to trade up the draft some of the time. We traded up for Biggs. Traded up for Schenn.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Why do people feel the need to be so melodramatic? There's a middle ground between 2 picks "destroying our future" and 2 picks having zero value, isn't that obvious?

Of course I could put it another way and say your post is a joke, is that the way you prefer to discuss things?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Say there are 2 players you like still on the board.
One could be a solid NHL player and the other isn't. Which one do you pick?
You have a choice of Dermott or Neilsen and one pick.
No those extra picks don't always turn out but I guarantee you won't get the chance if you don't have them.
Start depleting your organization and you will fail at some point.
See the years we had Kessel and nothing to put with him. And we spent assets to trade up the draft some of the time. We traded up for Biggs. Traded up for Schenn.

Seems like this obvious point is overlooked quite often.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

What a joke.
lou lam did a dood job ,hes just past is shelf life ,we could use a few more bearded players ....these p......y face kids don't cut it lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad