Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello will not be Leafs GM next season - moves into Senior Advisor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
id honestly believe this more if you posted it here.

No offence to you but that is a twitter account that can not be legit. they have made an educated guess

edit: 163 followers posting exclusives. Hockeyyyinsiderrr had 1000's

All I can say is I like the account and I believe it - but we'll see wont we?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
So Sportsnet reporting that Lou will not stay on as an adviser. I wonder what happened for Shanny to push him out of the seat knowing he would leave the organization if he did? Too scared to lose Dubas knowing Lou will only be here likely for under 5 years and Dubas has many years? Disagreement of how they should proceed from this point in the rebuild and Lou wants to go somewhere he has full control of his moves and won't answer to someone?

I could go on but for sure there is a reason here. Lou has done a good job, it's sad he will leave before he does the big 3's deal and addresses the defense. I think he is the best guy for both of those things.

Could be a bit of a no-win situation here. Whomever isn't Leaf GM might have that promotion, or other opportunities, elsewhere, which is something we can't offer or compete with. All speculation of course until proven otherwise that any hiring will start such a chain reaction of other events.

I thought Lou did well in the role, and hopefully the incoming GM continues to move things forward.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
It's not that dumb. Sometimes people have to keep a neat appearance for certain jobs. Not an outrageous request. A GM is allowed to dictate what kind of image the team should have. Is it really that important to have the freedom to grow a ZZTOP beard or shave a mohawk?
I agree. These guys are paid millions and are professionals. Asking them to keep a clean shave isn't a crazy idea. They are representing the whole organization.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
It's not that dumb. Sometimes people have to keep a neat appearance for certain jobs. Not an outrageous request. A GM is allowed to dictate what kind of image the team should have. Is it really that important to have the freedom to grow a ZZTOP beard or shave a mohawk?

I like it personally. Don't need any hipster beards making our guys look as stupid as Laine.

Reactions: Mugzy97

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
All I can say is I like the account and I believe it - but we'll see wont we?

yeah for sure. They will certainly rise from 163 followers very very quickly if they are right. But for me it is educated guess still if they are right all signs point to dubas being named GM.

Reactions: Albi34

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I agree. These guys are paid millions and are professionals. Asking them to keep a clean shave isn't a crazy idea. They are representing the whole organization.

I'd only fret if it were the reason for the team missing out on players. I can't imagine it being much of a tiebreaker or deal breaker.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
why does what they choose to look like bother you?. Laine looks stupid no argument here but if he likes it why would jets fans care?

Flip that question, why shouldn't it matter? In most professional environments things like facial piercings, full sleeve tattoos, crazy unkempt facial hair, leisure clothing, etc are frowned upon since it does not promote a professional appearance for the company that employs you.

For example, when I think of the Bruins I don't immediately think of a class act like Bergeron .. I skip past go and head directly to the rat status of Brad Marchand.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So Sportsnet reporting that Lou will not stay on as an adviser. I wonder what happened for Shanny to push him out of the seat knowing he would leave the organization if he did? Too scared to lose Dubas knowing Lou will only be here likely for under 5 years and Dubas has many years? Disagreement of how they should proceed from this point in the rebuild and Lou wants to go somewhere he has full control of his moves and won't answer to someone?

I could go on but for sure there is a reason here. Lou has done a good job, it's sad he will leave before he does the big 3's deal and addresses the defense. I think he is the best guy for both of those things.

people keep saying this.
Brendan Pridham has been the one who did all the contracts. that's his job. I'm pretty sure he could handle doing Marner, Matthews and Nylander's contracts too.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Pure guess and based on nothing but a crystal ball or that black ball that you shake and get an answer.

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt but I've never seen them post random guesses before. I'm at least willing to wait and see!
Interested to see what happens with Hunter if this is the case?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Flip that question, why shouldn't it matter? In most professional environments things like facial piercings, full sleeve tattoos, crazy unkempt facial hair, leisure clothing, etc are frowned upon since it does not promote a professional appearance for the company that employs you.

For example, when I think of the Bruins I don't immediately think of a class act like Bergeron .. I skip past go and head directly to the rat status of Brad Marchand.

I work at a law firm and outside of facial piercings I see all those things every day. I have a beard and quite often let it grow too much, they have never spoken to me about it once. My wife is the one who forces me to shave to tidy it up. There is a misconception that workplaces are allowed to frown upon any of those things and actually do anything about it

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I work at a law firm and outside of facial piercings I see all those things every day. I have a beard and quite often let it grow too much, they have never spoken to me about it once. My wife is the one who forces me to shave to tidy it up. There is a misconception that workplaces are allowed to frown upon any of those things and actually do anything about it
When you have an untidy beard it leads to the perception of scruffiness or laziness or both and reflects back on the organization they employs the person. If that person makes millions of dollars, it isn't crazy to think their employer would like them to look professional. I'm not defending it but it is a true perception.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i think it depends on the workplace, not that there is a misconception.
i've worked in a place where tattoos needed to be covered up as best as possible. it wasn't frowned upon, but it was just more of please don't be too flaunty about it. same with being clean shaven vs. just having a neatly trimmed beard.

it's just a policy and if they change it fine, and if they don't, it's not as big as a deal as a lot of ppl make it out to be.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's just a policy, no different than wearing suits to the rink.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Looking well kept and tidy isn't about some code or about rules and regulations. It's actually a cultural gesture of respect towards the people you deal with. I like dealing with people that look there best for a meeting. If they want to look like shaggy, no problem, you don't have to do business with them.

I am not against tats and stuff like that, I just judge people on presentation and I don't care if that's considered right wrong or even silly or stupid.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
We need more guys like this

joe-thornton-030617-getty-ftr-usjpg_nv7bdgp81zd61jp62h9yfs131.jpg

or this
dan-haggerty-dead1.jpg

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
i think it depends on the workplace, not that there is a misconception.
i've worked in a place where tattoos needed to be covered up as best as possible. it wasn't frowned upon, but it was just more of please don't be too flaunty about it. same with being clean shaven vs. just having a neatly trimmed beard.

it's just a policy and if they change it fine, and if they don't, it's not as big as a deal as a lot of ppl make it out to be.

I agree with your last part for sure, I personally like inviduality so beards, long hair or any number that isn't retired should be fair game I really don't think being allowed those things would change the "culture" of the team. Nylander wants a beard and #92 to honor his dad? go for it son. Marner cant have #93 obviously but a giant mullet? sure thing man enjoy your ridiculous 80's haircut.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017

It's also not uncommon for a Spouse to hold you to stricter policies! haha :D

Reactions: Walshy7

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Looking well kept and tidy isn't about some code or about rules and regulations. It's actually a cultural gesture of respect towards the people you deal with. I like dealing with people that look there best for a meeting. If they want to look like shaggy, no problem, you don't have to do business with them.

I am not against tats and stuff like that, I just judge people on presentation and I don't care if that's considered right wrong or even silly or stupid.

if you doing a business deal and the shaggy person offered you the best deal for your company you would take that deal, that's how simple it is people have principals right up until the point where it doesn't suit them anymore.

I am not saying everyone can turn up to work in tattered clothing and wild joe thornton beards but sometime I go a month too long before shaving (its not too long just a little shaggy), I like tattoos and wish I got a sleeve when I was younger (im too old to start one now and of course the $$ involved) companies wont (or maybe even cant) tell you, you have to look a certain way anymore

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
if you doing a business deal and the shaggy person offered you the best deal for your company you would take that deal, that's how simple it is people have principals right up until the point where it doesn't suit them anymore.

I am not saying everyone can turn up to work in tattered clothing and wild joe thornton beards but sometime I go a month too long before shaving (its not too long just a little shaggy), I like tattoos and wish I got a sleeve when I was younger (im too old to start one now and of course the $$ involved) companies wont (or maybe even cant) tell you, you have to look a certain way anymore

Rather pay more. Inferior work generally cost more mid to long range depending on what it is you're after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad