Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If Peks NMC is still in effect we will have no choice. But it's becoming obvious that Saros isnt going to be a 70 game a season goalie, ever. If we lose Saros that means we keep all our forwards and all our defensemen. We can always get a free agent goalie if Ingram isnt looking promising by then.

Pekka doesn't even have a contract for when the expansion draft takes place. And basically no goalies start 70 games anymore. The last was Cam Talbot 3 years ago.

I'm more concerned with the team constantly playing like hot garbage in front of Saros.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Pekka doesn't even have a contract for when the expansion draft takes place. And basically no goalies start 70 games anymore. The last was Cam Talbot 3 years ago.

I'm more concerned with the team constantly playing like hot garbage in front of Saros.

Pekkas contract will still be in effect until June 30th 2021. The expansion draft will be prior to that. Which is why I was shocked Poile gave him a NMC for both years of the deal

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
He has no contract in 2021-2022. They're going to take him and then what? Negotiate a contract with him? Doesn't work like that.

I think they actually can take him and get the early negotiating rights and ability to offer him an eight year contract. Dont know why an expansion team would do that for Pekka though.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He has no contract in 2021-2022. They're going to take him and then what? Negotiate a contract with him? Doesn't work like that.

It's not that we are worried about them taking Pekka. The ideal situation would have been to have him on an expiring deal at the time of the draft. But the NMC will make Poile protect him and you can only protect 1 goalie so Saros will be exposed. I have to think Poile has known for a while that Saros probably isnt the long term solution or else he wouldnt have allowed this to happen

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'm starting to suspect that something Lavy does is killing our offense on Granlund and Turris and somewhat Johansen. Who has dipped as hard as Granlund and Turris have recently? It seems surreal

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Turris is averaging .54 points per game coming into today's game. That's a 44-45 point pace with a lot of 3rd line time.

Smith and Granlund have as many goals combined as Watson does individually.
Which is still a huge drop to his Ottawa numbers. I'm still wondering what the bottleneck is with Granlund.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It's not that we are worried about them taking Pekka. The ideal situation would have been to have him on an expiring deal at the time of the draft. But the NMC will make Poile protect him and you can only protect 1 goalie so Saros will be exposed. I have to think Poile has known for a while that Saros probably isnt the long term solution or else he wouldnt have allowed this to happen

Capfriendly doesn't have Pekka as a player we have to protect so I think you're wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad