Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
It's not that we are worried about them taking Pekka. The ideal situation would have been to have him on an expiring deal at the time of the draft. But the NMC will make Poile protect him and you can only protect 1 goalie so Saros will be exposed. I have to think Poile has known for a while that Saros probably isnt the long term solution or else he wouldnt have allowed this to happen

Again, this is not how it works. From the damn rules of the expansion draft.

Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season and those with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100 percent of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap.

Guess who's not under contract for the 2021-22 regular season? I'm sure if Pekka is playing well and wants to keep playing, Poile would be happy to have him back but he was never going to give him a contract with a NMC that overlapped with the Seattle expansion draft because it would be foolish to have to use an protection spot on a 37 or 38 year old goalie.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Which is still a huge drop to his Ottawa numbers. I'm still wondering what the bottleneck is with Granlund.

He was playing top six, often top three, minutes in Ottawa compared to 3rd line time this season for at least half of the games so far. Turris is 2.28 points/60 compared to 2.6 pts/60 for Joey and 2.63 pts/60 for Arvy ... a 7 pt difference if normalized at 18 mins per game for 82 games.

Turris is getting a lot fewer minutes than in earlier seasons as the 3C. With those minutes ... 8th best goals/60, 10th best assists/60 ... his goals per 60 mins is better than both Joey and Duchene. It's not that Lavi is sucking the offense out of his game, it's that with Joey and Duchene as the top centers he isn't getting the time of seasons past.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Capfriendly doesn't have Pekka as a player we have to protect so I think you're wrong here.

You're right that they don't, I guess it's because he has a modified NTC rather than a full NMC?

Either way, I don't think Saros is an obvious pick for Seattle if he is exposed, he wouldn't have a contract either (but easier to sign as an RFA) and if he hasn't played well enough to earn the protection slot, then he probably isn't a prime target for Seattle as there should be more than a few teams who have to expose better goalies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
He was playing top six, often top three, minutes in Ottawa compared to 3rd line time this season for at least half of the games so far. Turris is 2.28 points/60 compared to 2.6 pts/60 for Joey and 2.63 pts/60 for Arvy ... a 7 pt difference if normalized at 18 mins per game for 82 games.

Turris is getting a lot fewer minutes than in earlier seasons as the 3C. With those minutes ... 8th best goals/60, 10th best assists/60 ... his goals per 60 mins is better than both Joey and Duchene. It's not that Lavi is sucking the offense out of his game, it's that with Joey and Duchene as the top centers he isn't getting the time of seasons past.

Weird thing is Turris performed better early in the season when he was playing fewer minutes than when he got moved up during Forsberg's injury.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Again, this is not how it works. From the damn rules of the expansion draft.

Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season and those with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100 percent of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap.

Guess who's not under contract for the 2021-22 regular season? I'm sure if Pekka is playing well and wants to keep playing, Poile would be happy to have him back but he was never going to give him a contract with a NMC that overlapped with the Seattle expansion draft because it would be foolish to have to use an protection spot on a 37 or 38 year old goalie.

This is the part of the damn rules I'm talking about

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Now I may be reading this wrong, since Peks NMC isnt "continuing" he may be exempt which is why hes not on the cap friendly list. But he definitely will be under and NMC at the time of the draft.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
This is the part of the damn rules I'm talking about

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Now I may be reading this wrong, since Peks NMC isnt "continuing" he may be exempt which is why hes not on the cap friendly list. But he definitely will be under and NMC at the time of the draft.

He is not under contract in 2021-22 and does not have to be protected. It doesn't matter if he had a NMC.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Weird thing is Turris performed better early in the season when he was playing fewer minutes than when he got moved up during Forsberg's injury.

Duchene had points in his first five games as a Pred ... three of those were multi-point games. He has just two assists in his last 7 games. The weird thing is that Turris has more points in those same games but we all focus on the 3rd line center.

Overall our top lines have vanished since the Ducks game. We're depending on shorties and secondary scoring to win or at least keep us in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->