Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Duchene had points in his first five games as a Pred ... three of those were multi-point games. He has just two assists in his last 7 games. The weird thing is that Turris has more points in those same games but we all focus on the 3rd line center.

Overall our top lines have vanished since the Ducks game. We're depending on shorties and secondary scoring to win or at least keep us in games.

Oh I agree that Turris is not the problem just sort of an interesting observation. Granlund is the guy who's killing me the most out of anyone given that he's leading the team in 5 v 5 ice time, but is producing essentially nothing.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
someone needs to tell the guys that they don't have to shoot the puck as hard as they can every single time.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Oh and why isn't it already 6 on 4? You're not going to utilize a 2 man powerplay for 2 minutes down 1?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Oh I agree that Turris is not the problem just sort of an interesting observation. Granlund is the guy who's killing me the most out of anyone given that he's leading the team in 5 v 5 ice time, but is producing essentially nothing.

Granlund and Smith are the two who need to figure out how to get some goals. They have three total goals between them.

The PP needs to get back to the movement it had earlier in the season. We're back to perimeter play and failing to cross the defensive box to get goalies moving side to side.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Yeah take the timeout when u have 1 try at something. The way you play this situation 100% of the time is that you take the timeout when you get the powerplay and at the same time get the extra man out.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Looks like it's a good thing I overslept. Caught the end there and it looked like we decided to run the PP from last season which isn't a good thing.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Looks like it's a good thing I overslept. Caught the end there and it looked like we decided to run the PP from last season which isn't a good thing.
Then we should give back the earlier PPG. Special teams weren't the issue today. The issue remains that our top six has just one goal since the Ducks game ... and that was from Jarnkrok. If we don't get a big game from Bonino, Watson or Sissons then we're screwed right now.

The team made so many poor decisions in their defensive zone or barely into the neutral zone it was cringe-worthy. Poor decision making and passes to nobody gave the Rangers far too many one on one opportunities against Jusse. Time for either the coaching staff or player leadership group to step up and remind this team of how it is supposed to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->