Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators vs. Ducks

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Want some bad news?

I see a lot of people posting about the week off and how it will be good for working on the new system. But according to NHL bye-week rules, teams are not allowed to hold any activities, including practices and meetings, during the week off.

I'm less worried about structure and system than I am about these players fixing their mindsets. Grimaldi said some things publicly in his post game comments that the team needs to take note of. Until the deflated attitudes and lack of focus dissipate no structure or system change is going to fix things.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
I think we're the only team in history with a 15 player core...

Keeping the core together in most teams means "Kane/Toews/Keith/Crawford" or "Ovi/Bäckström/Carlson" have to stay and the rest are tradable. In Poiles world it means "Johansen/Forsberg/Arvidsson/Josi/Ekholm/Ellis/Rinne/Saros/Sissons/Järnkrok/Smith" can stay as long as they want and the rest need to prove their worth.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I think we're the only team in history with a 15 player core...

Keeping the core together in most teams means "Kane/Toews/Keith/Crawford" or "Ovi/Bäckström/Carlson" have to stay and the rest are tradable. In Poiles world it means "Johansen/Forsberg/Arvidsson/Josi/Ekholm/Ellis/Rinne/Saros/Sissons/Järnkrok/Smith" can stay as long as they want and the rest need to prove their worth.
no one on this roster should fit in a core like the hawks or caps example. i would say josi and that's it. maybe forsberg but he has forgotten how to play team hockey.

so you have josi. and you could make an argument with his age, that he would be the best player to trade if we went rebuild because his return would be massive.

johansen, duchene, granlund, arvidsson, forsberg, turris. you could go down the list and point out massive flaws with each. you really see the difference when we play a team like Boston with their top line. i think poile got duped by these guys. they are 2nd liners at best that have very little heart.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
since the last 1/4 of the regular season of the presidents trophy year. 2-3 years. 1.5 years.

point is that this team has a bad odor to it for a long time and we were all in denial.

harry Z and Vernon fiddler were more of heroes during our SCF run than anyone on this current roster. think about that.

You spun the dials on the way back machine!

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I'm less worried about structure and system than I am about these players fixing their mindsets. Grimaldi said some things publicly in his post game comments that the team needs to take note of. Until the deflated attitudes and lack of focus dissipate no structure or system change is going to fix things.
Perhaps this team fed off of PK Subban's personality, swagger, and attitude far more than management realized. What Grims said rings true from watching them. After the Henrique goal—when everyone stopped playing and stood there waiting for a whistle that wasn't going to happen except for Henrique—it visibly looked like "here we go again" and players just accepting that they were going to lose to a bad Anaheim team yet again.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Perhaps this team fed off of PK Subban's personality, swagger, and attitude far more than management realized. What Grims said rings true from watching them. After the Henrique goal—when everyone stopped playing and waiting for a whistle that wasn't going to happen but him—it visibly looked like "here we go again" and players just accepting that they were going to lose to a bad Anaheim team yet again.
What was really odd was Josi just standing there assuming the save was made. He should have been pushing that pick back under saros. Stuff like that is why this team is bad. Heartless

Reactions: originalpredfan

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
What disheartened me the most about this one was that not only were the players looking uninterested the scheme we were using is the same Lavi has used all year. I noticed changes in some games earlier, why did we revert back after a few games to Lavi system?

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
I was there and NO the team was not booed off the ice. There were boos but I think most were in shock.

I've beaten the horse to death, but I stand by what I have been saying....#1 is Poile the deity needs to go. #2 the window has closed on this team version.

Here is where it started for me. Before the 2018 season Johanson and others went to Poile and told him to keep the team together and the idiot listened. Now the guys have gotten paid and life if good for them. At least the previous teams had heart and effort.

Total rebuild time. Ease out Poile and don't let sonny boy get the job. Then, trade anyone you can for prospects. That includes Josi as I don't see this happen if Shea Weber is captain.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
As I said in the post above I’m ready to move on from Ellis or Ekholm. I’m sure their value could bring you something back pretty good either in young forwards, top prospects and picks. This team has no life in it right now. Johansen could probably bring you back a really good winger for these teams in desperate need for a center.

I really like Ekholm but have been disgusted with his play of late. He falls down, can't stop the puck when coming around the side board, not checking, not scoring, passes are awful. Looks like he forgot how to play the game! The team played pretty well before reinserting Fabbro back into the lineup too. Not saying he is the cause they lost but they looked better with him not in the lineup.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I was there and NO the team was not booed off the ice. There were boos but I think most were in shock.

I've beaten the horse to death, but I stand by what I have been saying....#1 is Poile the deity needs to go. #2 the window has closed on this team version.

Here is where it started for me. Before the 2018 season Johanson and others went to Poile and told him to keep the team together and the idiot listened. Now the guys have gotten paid and life if good for them. At least the previous teams had heart and effort.

Total rebuild time. Ease out Poile and don't let sonny boy get the job. Then, trade anyone you can for prospects. That includes Josi as I don't see this happen if Shea Weber is captain.

Glad to see everyone coming around to what I was saying in November lol

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I really like Ekholm but have been disgusted with his play of late. He falls down, can't stop the puck when coming around the side board, not checking, not scoring, passes are awful. Looks like he forgot how to play the game! The team played pretty well before reinserting Fabbro back into the lineup too. Not saying he is the cause they lost but they looked better with him not in the lineup.

Fabbro had been really good up until his injury, but since coming back and in a new system he's struggled noticeably. Hopefully that calms down with more practices, but could also be feeling the grind of his first full NHL season.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I still think the calls for a full rebuild are very premature (and would be significantly regretted in short order), this team is not even a full season removed from a division title. There's a lot of talent on this roster and there is zero guarantee it would get back to this point within even 5-7 years. That said, there are some clear issues with the roster as-is and strategically moving a handful of pieces and changing the dynamics of the team could ultimately be beneficial.

Reactions: Scoresberg

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
After seeing these efforts with a complete lack of heart, I'm getting close to saying go scorched earth. They don't look engaged. Everyone has a price and if the price is right i'm ok with trading them. That includes Josi. Noone thought when Suter walked out Josi was going to step in like he did. Next man up mentality. If Josi gets us an amazing return, he should be on the block as well.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
After seeing these efforts with a complete lack of heart, I'm getting close to saying go scorched earth. They don't look engaged. Everyone has a price and if the price is right i'm ok with trading them. That includes Josi. Noone thought when Suter walked out Josi was going to step in like he did. Next man up mentality. If Josi gets us an amazing return, he should be on the block as well.

Ok, I'm all for rebuild but not Josi

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
So is ANH to us what we proved to be to CHI? The team the broke us?

The proven way to get a cup in the modern era (PIT, CHI) is to absolutely suck your way to high picks. I think we have a solid enough fan base now to do that without completely folding. I dont think the owners have the patience or pockets for it though.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
So is ANH to us what we proved to be to CHI? The team the broke us?

The proven way to get a cup in the modern era (PIT, CHI) is to absolutely suck your way to high picks. I think we have a solid enough fan base now to do that without completely folding. I dont think the owners have the patience or pockets for it though.
Yep. It's the most overwhelming success maker in this league. But it needs to be the right year, and we would have to 'lose in the right spot' like the Avs.
I don't think Lafreniere will be worse than any #1 pick coming after him, so naturally, the time to lose is now, and half-assing our way into the playoffs will most likely just hinder us further into the limbo we're currently in.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Why is there all this talk of Josi getting traded when he just signed a 8 year deal worth $9 a season and has a NMC?

People are unhappy and want to see big moves made. But I highly doubt Forsberg, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, Arvidsson, or Duchene will be put on the trade market. Normally I would add Joey to that list, but he has been so bad this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad