Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators vs. Ducks

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
i have called this core what they are for 2-3 years now. losers with no heart. and now that most have been paid.. its losers with no heart and overpaid.

I will preface this by saying I may just be in an ornery mood- but you keep talking about "2-3" years. Look, this year we have hit rock bottom- it is a complete embarrassment. But it has not been this way for years. 3 years ago we were in the SCF. Two years ago, we won the President's trophy and lost in Game 7 in round 2 against a 114 point team. And even last year, we were a 100 point team, won the division, and lost in 6 games to a team that took the Stanley Cup champs to 2OT game 7 in round 2.

It may have been trending downward, but It has not been this way for 3 years- not even close.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
upload_2020-1-16_22-40-30.png

Reactions: Scoresberg

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I will preface this by saying I may just be in an ornery mood- but you keep talking about "2-3" years. Look, this year we have hit rock bottom- it is a complete embarrassment. But it has not been this way for years. 3 years ago we were in the SCF. Two years ago, we won the President's trophy and lost in Game 7 in round 2 against a 114 point team. And even last year, we were a 100 point team, won the division, and lost in 6 games to a team that took the Stanley Cup champs to 2OT game 7 in round 2.

It may have been trending downward, but It has not been this way for 3 years- not even close.
since the last 1/4 of the regular season of the presidents trophy year. 2-3 years. 1.5 years.

point is that this team has a bad odor to it for a long time and we were all in denial.

harry Z and Vernon fiddler were more of heroes during our SCF run than anyone on this current roster. think about that.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Ok after this debacle I am now onto wondering who Poile will trade and what assets he will get back for them. Granlund, Smith, Bonino can probably fetch some decent stuff at the deadline. Who else may go?

Also maybe give one of the goalies a look down in Milwaukee?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

It's hyperbolic but something has been off with this team since right before the playoffs of the President's Trophy season. Some of the same exact systematic issues we are still not able to fix (special teams, poor defensive coverage, proneness to give up breakaways), and the disturbing lack of confidence and compete level.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Johansen also needs to go.

With his contract we wouldnt get anything for him and would probably have to pay someone to take him. We dont need cap space that badly. But I would love to let him watch a few games in street clothes and let some of the Milwaukee kids remind him what it's like to be hungry and play with heart.

Reactions: NNCbama

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
With his contract we wouldnt get anything for him and would probably have to pay someone to take him. We dont need cap space that badly. But I would love to let him watch a few games in street clothes and let some of the Milwaukee kids remind him what it's like to be hungry and play with heart.
A 60ish point center would fill a need for several teams who could ignore the poor year on a crappy team and also rationalize that no forwards produce in Nashville. We wouldn't get great value, but he won't be a cap dump.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Contenders do crazy stuff at the deadline.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That is one hell of a bad take. Like I don't mean to pick on you, but objectively that just isnt true.
Really? Cause he was just lighting the world on fire in Florida and Columbus? Cause nobody was looking for him until after he got handed a sweetheart deal built team in Vegas. I mean, for f***s sake, he has the same record as Pete DeBoer practically and you see the condolences pouring in from the Sharks crowd to Vegas.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Really? Cause he was just lighting the world on fire in Florida and Columbus? Cause nobody was looking for him until after he got handed a sweetheart deal built team in Vegas. I mean, for ****s sake, he has the same record as Pete DeBoer practically and you see the condolences pouring in from the Sharks crowd to Vegas.
Yeah and what have those teams done sense they got rid of him? I don't think the issue in either case was the coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->