Post-Game Talk: Losing streak done Jets 4 - Kings 3

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Nice to see the Jets get the win. I thought the score was closer than it should have been and that the Jets carried more of the play overall.

It's a 1 game sample size, so trying not to read into it, but that being said I thought Connor looked more engaged than he has in a long time. If he can keep that up and the 2nd line can keep playing well, it will give the new 1st some time to get going again like they have in the past.

Which then gives the Jets some options in the bottom 6. You could use Names to centre a more offensive line with a guy like Toffoli, or you could use a guy like Gus on the 4th and ask him to throw the body if you want to play that style. Or you could try a guy like Toffoli on a line with Lowry and Nino and try to get more scoring, etc. Depends on injuries and how the Jets want to play.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Monahan seems like a good fit with Connor. Monahan is more Dubois like in his game and Connor played his best hockey with Dubois. They go about it differently but both Dubois and Monahan do their best work in the dirty areas in front of the net. I think that helps push the defense back a bit and gives Connor a chance to get a little closer to the net when he shoots. Perfetti looked like he was pushing towards the net more as well.

I feel like Scheifele and Connor play too similar in the offensive zone. Both of them want to be that trigger man who finds the soft ice. The soft ice is higher in the slot and I think with both of them looking for that ice is letting the defense push them back. I feel like Connor has been shooting from too far away/bad angles during this slump.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I was happy the fans booed PLD tonight.

It was the only way I could tell he was on the ice!!! :laugh:

tenor.gif
Gorgeous bra. Probably costs a fortune.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
To be fair, Ehlers is a tough guy to be on the same page as at times

He does things with the puck that can be both brilliant and head scratching simultaneously

Not always easy to read and predict what he's gonna do
True. But being 8' offside is definitely not one of them

Gorgeous bra. Probably costs a fortune.
What is this brassiere lunch?!!

Reactions: Stumbledore

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Good game by the team. Connor is so good when he is being pesky on the forecheck and it was great to see him engaged. He single-handedly created issues for LAK with his speed, would like to see him do that consistently. I like Monahan and would keep him as a 2C. He really does do a lot of little things well that make time and space for his line mates.

Third line with some really good grinding shifts. Didn't get on the scoreboard but they did their job.

I am pretty sure Samberg thought he scored on that one shot and was the only one in the building cheering lol then the camera pans to him and he is laughing at himself :laugh:

Honestly, thought Ehlers had a rough game. He does this from time to time where he has a game like this and makes passes to no one or gives the puck away. That said, it was great to see him, 13, & 55 gain some chemistry and I think it is promising.

Lastly, classy move by both teams and TSN to honour Ryan Galloway. I used to referee hockey and he was an instructor some 25 years ago and honestly a gem of a human. He is so down to earth and it really stuck out how dedicated he is to helping new/up-and-coming officials. Classy send off for a classy guy.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I like the fact he was shooting. He needs to get 3 to 4 shots on net a game to be effective. He looks to pass too much and he has a lethal shot.

I don't think the goals were his fault there were breakdowns all over the ice. Pionk was really awful at just throwing the puck away

Reactions: Huffer and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like the fact he was shooting. He needs to get 3 to 4 shots on net a game to be effective. He looks to pass too much and he has a lethal shot.

I don't think the goals were his fault there were breakdowns all over the ice. Pionk was really awful at just throwing the puck away

The only one od fault him for is the third goal. He tried to chip it by an LA guy and create an odd man break. Safer play would just be to make sure it got out. I don't see what he did on the second LA goal. Fala wasn't his guy.

Reactions: Huffer

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The only one od fault him for is the third goal. He tried to chip it by an LA guy and create an odd man break. Safer play would just be to make sure it got out. I don't see what he did on the second LA goal. Fala wasn't his guy.

The argument Button made in the 2nd intermission was that he positioned himself where he allowed Fiala to have the middle of the ice instead of forcing him outside. Fiala wasn't his man but as Fiala moved towards the middle of the ice, Perfetti looked unsure about what to do. Which isn't a brutal defensive play like Button said, just some inexperience and that can be learned in the film room.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The argument Button made in the 2nd intermission was that he positioned himself where he allowed Fiala to have the middle of the ice instead of forcing him outside. Fiala wasn't his man but as Fiala moved towards the middle of the ice, Perfetti looked unsure about what to do. Which isn't a brutal defensive play like Button said, just some inexperience and that can be learned in the film room.

Maybe, but had Cole closed it allows Fiala to hit the RD who then has an unimpeded track right to our net since we already had all our players sans Cole on the strong side. We already had Monohan closing on him as well which kept him on the outside.

Imo the mistakes were more Pionk/KC. Pionk made the standard rip it blindly up the board play expecting KC to be there. KC wasn't there and then got walked by Fiala.

Also it should have been a nothing burger as we made Fiala shoot from 40 feet anyhow. LB just miffed on the shot just like he whiffed on the third goal.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Maybe, but had Cole closed it allows Fiala to hit the RD who then has an unimpeded track right to our net since we already had all our players sans Cole on the strong side. We already had Monohan closing on him as well which kept him on the outside.

Imo the mistakes were more Pionk/KC. Pionk made the standard rip it blindly up the board play expecting KC to be there. KC wasn't there and then got walked by Fiala.

Also it should have been a nothing burger as we made Fiala shoot from 40 feet anyhow. LB just miffed on the shot just like he whiffed on the third goal.
I think some of the miscues in the dzone between Connor, Monahan and Perfetti can be cleaned up with some more games together. Could be as easy as watching tape and discussing assignments/ rotations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad