Post-Game Talk: Losing streak done Jets 4 - Kings 3

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would like to think our coach is smart enough not to immediately mess with a line that performed for him, but I guess we shall see in practice in a few hours.

Put Toffoli on line 3 as Nino will likely be out. He could also but Vilardi there as well given Gabe is still getting back up to speed.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would like to think our coach is smart enough not to immediately mess with a line that performed for him, but I guess we shall see in practice in a few hours.

Put Toffoli on line 3 as Nino will likely be out. He could also but Vilardi there as well given Gabe is still getting back up to speed.
I don't want to see Tof playing against the other team's top lines.
Put Iafallo or Barron in Nino's spot.

Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Names Toffoli

Give the other two lines a bit of a break and play the bottom two lines more.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I don't want to see Tof playing against the other team's top lines.
Put Iafallo or Barron in Nino's spot.

Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Names Toffoli

Give the other two lines a bit of a break and play the bottom two lines more.
If we do slot Toffoli back in, I think you try to find the chemistry between him and Iafallo... would really rather not be doing this after a huge losing streak and a Flames team that's just been called out - then again I dont know how he gets back in otherwise

Reactions: Stumbledore

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
The story behind the story is that Kyle Connor got 3 assists all at 5v5 and was a + player, with <17 minutes TOI.

He gets to be a setup man more often on the second line, rather than a one-dimensional finisher, which other teams have adjusted to. Perfetti and Connor need to have more time together to see where this goes.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Meant to add this: Guess how many times Connor has had 3 assists 5v5 in one game this season.
How about last season?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The story behind the story is that Kyle Connor got 3 assists all at 5v5 and was a + player, with <17 minutes TOI.

He gets to be a setup man more often on the second line, rather than a one-dimensional finisher, which other teams have adjusted to. Perfetti and Connor need to have more time together to see where this goes.
The story behind the story behind the story is that Ron Burgundy was featured on Talbot's mask.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021

Looks like as predicted they'll keep the lines the same while running Tof in Nino's spot perhaps.

I just don't think Connor is a "run and gun with the other team's top lines" guy. Seems a terrible spot for him, honestly, nevermind the fact that him and Scheif both seem to get worse when they get comfortable.

Having Connor feasting from 2nd line might end up being a very good switch.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not if Nino is out. Even if Nino plays I think Cole would get another game (even if on the 4th line).

My guess is that Nino will be given more time to heal even if he could play. Have to give Perf another game after that last one.

If healthy, Bones has the luxury of resting guys while still going all out to win as many as possible the rest of the way. Can just rotate through the wingers 1 at a time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My guess is that Nino will be given more time to heal even if he could play. Have to give Perf another game after that last one.

If healthy, Bones has the luxury of resting guys while still going all out to win as many as possible the rest of the way. Can just rotate through the wingers 1 at a time.

My guess is we don't see Nino until later next week.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I like to play games, so pick me, pick me!

My guess is he's never had three assists before at 5x5. What do I win, other than The Perfect Shill Award?
Hey, at this point in your education you're supposed to be doing your own research! But I'll make an exception in this one instance.

You are right, at least going back over the past 2 seasons. And you win The Great (Hockey Maven) Pretender Award!!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Yeah see this is why I wanted a shakeup. You never know what gold this will unlock.

If Connor starts setting guys up, then teams will have to think twice before being so aggressive with him which unlocks so much.

Pretty much what I thought. We shall see how the second one continues to perform. Maybe Toffoli finds a fit with Lowry.
I am just praying that KFC and Koal continue to create to give them more time to solidify.

I think the top line will be just fine as is as soon as Vilardi is back to himself.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Gotta give it up to Bowness and co. for the ground breaking and completely out of the box idea :sarcasm:

They were the clear best line the other night out of both teams. I did think KC had a good game or two previous in terms of play without the puck but now maybe add an enhanced play making angle to the repetoire. Im gonna try and temper my expectations a bit bc it was one game. But even 80%-90% of their game last night would still be V good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad